ElectricGrandpa
06-16 11:47 AM
normally iPod skins don't change the appearence of your surroundings....
Yes, and normally, iPods aren't always on white backgrounds. Last time I checked, my jean pockets were blue :)
I should also add, that the backgrounds are chosen based on what best suits the iPod. Normally Apple displays their iPods on white backgrounds because that's what they look best on, but when they came out with the U2 iPod(which BTW has a modded clickwheel) they have pictures of it on a black background(http://images.apple.com/ipod/u2/gallery/images/u2front20041026.jpg) because that's what it looks best with.
You can't expect people to make tons of unique skins and then not make backgrounds that show them in their best light. A white background wouldn't go with my skin design nearly as well.
-Matt
Yes, and normally, iPods aren't always on white backgrounds. Last time I checked, my jean pockets were blue :)
I should also add, that the backgrounds are chosen based on what best suits the iPod. Normally Apple displays their iPods on white backgrounds because that's what they look best on, but when they came out with the U2 iPod(which BTW has a modded clickwheel) they have pictures of it on a black background(http://images.apple.com/ipod/u2/gallery/images/u2front20041026.jpg) because that's what it looks best with.
You can't expect people to make tons of unique skins and then not make backgrounds that show them in their best light. A white background wouldn't go with my skin design nearly as well.
-Matt
wallpaper 10 Ways to Wear White T-shirt
october2001
12-12 11:29 PM
no my address on I-485 wasmy phisical address not PO BOX but I got my welcome notice last week to my PO BOX but the address on it is the physical address I hope this is clear the only mistake is that I didn't mention to the officer at the time of the interview when He asked about my address I didn't mention that the USCIS if they send me anything to my physical address that they have to add the name of my friend with the C/O my name
sledge_hammer
07-19 09:29 AM
Signed by "Besch" at Nebraska Service Center anyone?
2011 order Plain+white+t+shirt
B3NKobe
06-07 11:15 AM
Skinning the wheel is too easy, all you have to do is plop the graphic down and set the blending accordingly. Leaving the wheel stock makes it harder because you gotta get the elliptical out.
Woohoo!! Support!! :D
Woohoo!! Support!! :D
more...
immilaw
03-14 08:42 AM
Ok. I agree with everything you say but you still haven't explained why EB-2 China hasn't moved. They never were Unavailable, which means they haven't used their quota but are still retrogressed. Why absolutely no relief for them? Not even a month forward movement?
Here is my theory and I may be wrong. Until last month China EB-2 was still not U. Maybe over this month (March) the usage of EB-2 China was so high that they were at the verge of U or maybe something like 12/01/2002. So now when the excess EB-2 visas from ROW are getting spilled over to oversubscribed countries, i.e., China and India, both of them are and will be, going forward, moving at the same pace.
As I said just a theory. Let's wait for a better explanation.
Here is my theory and I may be wrong. Until last month China EB-2 was still not U. Maybe over this month (March) the usage of EB-2 China was so high that they were at the verge of U or maybe something like 12/01/2002. So now when the excess EB-2 visas from ROW are getting spilled over to oversubscribed countries, i.e., China and India, both of them are and will be, going forward, moving at the same pace.
As I said just a theory. Let's wait for a better explanation.
Life2Live
07-16 11:39 AM
signed...
more...
justAnotherFile
08-20 11:57 AM
StuckInMuck thanks for the awesome compilation. I have a follow-up question to the guru's on forum.
I did an AC21 before my GC got approved. I did this on my EAD card and when I joined I filed my I9 form for taxes. Now after getting GC do I need to renew my I9 form or the old one stays valid?
Also since I am not with my GC sponsoring employer do I still need to follow the 6 months rule with my current employer since date of approval?
Also can we move this compilation to IV Wiki?
#1 You need to update the I-9 form of verification because previously you employment authorization was the EAD card now your employment authorization is the GC card.
#2 First of all there is no 6 month rule. Secondly even if theoretically there is a undefined period it does not apply to you anymore since you are no longer with your GC filing employer.
I did an AC21 before my GC got approved. I did this on my EAD card and when I joined I filed my I9 form for taxes. Now after getting GC do I need to renew my I9 form or the old one stays valid?
Also since I am not with my GC sponsoring employer do I still need to follow the 6 months rule with my current employer since date of approval?
Also can we move this compilation to IV Wiki?
#1 You need to update the I-9 form of verification because previously you employment authorization was the EAD card now your employment authorization is the GC card.
#2 First of all there is no 6 month rule. Secondly even if theoretically there is a undefined period it does not apply to you anymore since you are no longer with your GC filing employer.
2010 White Blank T - Shirt Royalty
nb_des
06-20 12:46 PM
Did you have a personal experience about pre-existing conditions getting covered? Or do you personally know anyone who got covered for pre-existing conditions? If so, please provide complete details. How much was the total expense? How much did they cover? Was there network negotiated charge? How much time did it talk to get the money back?
If not, there is no point in talking about hypothetical scenarios and hoping that someone would cover.
Absolutely not. The first time I thought about it was after reading post from Shirish in this thread who used it. I was personally never in favor of using Indian company and last couple of times I purchased from IMG(US based) but never used them.
This time again I am hunting for medical insurance for my parents and from based on my initial research I don;t find much benefit in using US based company either. If you know someone who have good experience with US based company in emergency situations then please post it.
If not, there is no point in talking about hypothetical scenarios and hoping that someone would cover.
Absolutely not. The first time I thought about it was after reading post from Shirish in this thread who used it. I was personally never in favor of using Indian company and last couple of times I purchased from IMG(US based) but never used them.
This time again I am hunting for medical insurance for my parents and from based on my initial research I don;t find much benefit in using US based company either. If you know someone who have good experience with US based company in emergency situations then please post it.
more...
Alien
02-14 09:45 AM
So is this how you brainstorm ideas at work?
Ideas are just as important as contributions.Your design team at work dont have to write the code as well. If its a bad idea then shoot it down,lets not ask everyone who comes up with an idea to implement it as well. Providing ideas is much better than sitting out there in blissful ignorance not knowing anything about retrogression or IV.
You may wanna read "Six thinking hats" by Edward de bono.He talks about having critical thinking hat(black hat) during brainstorming.Lets have some people with black hats here.
btw I thought anand26 was banned from this forum. I am not too far away from being banned as well. I got a post deleted by the admin already without any notice.
Forgive me for wearing the black hat in recent times and yes I have signed up for recurring contributions.
Oh wait. I get it now. We're probably mistaken in thinking anand26's idea is to improve IV; looks like the idea is to promote "yelling at people" as a way of life.
The plan is to do nothing oneself but make a random to-do list for other people; so we should also respond in the same spirit.
Here are some things you should do, anand26; now do it quickly and report back to this forum by tomorrw:
Eat more broccoli.
Raise money for IV.
Do not use "zapata" in a sentence ever again
See. Anyone can do this. Pretty easy. Thanks Anand26 for sharing this idea.
Ideas are just as important as contributions.Your design team at work dont have to write the code as well. If its a bad idea then shoot it down,lets not ask everyone who comes up with an idea to implement it as well. Providing ideas is much better than sitting out there in blissful ignorance not knowing anything about retrogression or IV.
You may wanna read "Six thinking hats" by Edward de bono.He talks about having critical thinking hat(black hat) during brainstorming.Lets have some people with black hats here.
btw I thought anand26 was banned from this forum. I am not too far away from being banned as well. I got a post deleted by the admin already without any notice.
Forgive me for wearing the black hat in recent times and yes I have signed up for recurring contributions.
Oh wait. I get it now. We're probably mistaken in thinking anand26's idea is to improve IV; looks like the idea is to promote "yelling at people" as a way of life.
The plan is to do nothing oneself but make a random to-do list for other people; so we should also respond in the same spirit.
Here are some things you should do, anand26; now do it quickly and report back to this forum by tomorrw:
Eat more broccoli.
Raise money for IV.
Do not use "zapata" in a sentence ever again
See. Anyone can do this. Pretty easy. Thanks Anand26 for sharing this idea.
hair lank white t shirt back. neck
imneedy
02-27 02:08 PM
Do you know if labor substitution for future employment is possible.
I am working with company A and company B have labor approved with 2003 priority date. I want to work with company A till my I-140 labor substitution application (from employer B) is approved by uscis.
Do you know if it is possible?
Thanks in advance!!
I am working with company A and company B have labor approved with 2003 priority date. I want to work with company A till my I-140 labor substitution application (from employer B) is approved by uscis.
Do you know if it is possible?
Thanks in advance!!
more...
jetflyer
06-13 10:05 AM
They can move the Dates in both Categories while giving preference to EB1 and EB2 first.
You are purely thinking about your perspective and neglecting the purpose of GC for the country.
To qualify in EB1/Eb2/EB3 depends on some factors:
EB1: Extra ordinary candidate, may or may not be represented by employer
EB2: Senior Level: Job duties have to justify need for advance degree candidate (or BS + 5yrs exp) and then candidate must qualify too
EB3: 16 years of education (ideally) with degree in related field (lets talk IT for now)
Now current status and its cause:
EB1: - No jumping, no gaming system : Hence NO DELAYS
EB2: - Good chunk with genuine apps, some gaming system where applicant qualify but not the job, some gaming system and taking very high risk by showing BS +5 yrs (they actually don't have +5 factor), other jumping the category (legally :D) but taking very high risk for RFE
Result: Got retrogressed
EB3: Good chunk with genuine apps, some unfortunate ppl who do qualify but job doesn't support experience or higher pay, lot of gaming system with BS (3yr) in non Computer/IT and showing 1yr certifications etc, and everybody who does not qualify for EB1/EB2, lot of nurses (I heard someone said nurses in back)
Result: Severely retrogressed with no hopes in horizon
Now lets look at market demand ( we know supply of apps is pretty darn good)
EB 1: Very very high : general pay range starts from $250k+ and goes up to $400k for fresher (PHDs) and in upper $150k for Int'l Managers
EB 2:: High, general pay starts high $80k and goes somewhere $140k+,
EB 3:: good, starts from upper $40k and goes somewhere $65-70k, (lots of job and lots of applicant)
Now lets take a look at Supply of Apps (Assumption 1M apps already in system):
EB1: say 50K (5%) - (fast processing - Express lane)
EB2: may be 200K (20%) - (sounds good on paper but in realty slow but moving)
EB3: everything else (75%) (OMG :eek: stampede : frustration with no visible progress)
Now lets checkout preference:
Preference from perspective of country, what benefits country the most:
EB1: ohh : lets get them in ASAP
EB2: yes yes we welcome you please come in (after some long wait)
EB3: OMG its flood of ppl, use extra strong flood gate and keep them out as long as possible, and let them in with very low rate
Now This:
Like everything in the world, the fewer the qty the hotter the product,
the abundance kills the market, applies perfectly with EB2, in 2000-2001 it used to take 12-24 months and you have GC in hand, and now .. may be by my kids turns 16yrs, and EB3: 2000-2001 use to take about 3 yrs and but right then we started getting flood, and thanks to 200K H1bs in 2001-2.
End of the day EB1/EB2/EB3 all are immigrant and are victim of broken system (I’m sure EB1 disagree here with me because they enjoy express lanes), it need fix but is it high priority for law makers or we just think it is?
how desperate we are to provide help? or we are just good at reading/writing here and using IV and other forums for venting out? ask yourself
The list goes on and my analysis goes on, but these are just my thoughts thinking out loud,
and trying to think for a solution.... Next thought -> Solution, I will post in coming days
You are purely thinking about your perspective and neglecting the purpose of GC for the country.
To qualify in EB1/Eb2/EB3 depends on some factors:
EB1: Extra ordinary candidate, may or may not be represented by employer
EB2: Senior Level: Job duties have to justify need for advance degree candidate (or BS + 5yrs exp) and then candidate must qualify too
EB3: 16 years of education (ideally) with degree in related field (lets talk IT for now)
Now current status and its cause:
EB1: - No jumping, no gaming system : Hence NO DELAYS
EB2: - Good chunk with genuine apps, some gaming system where applicant qualify but not the job, some gaming system and taking very high risk by showing BS +5 yrs (they actually don't have +5 factor), other jumping the category (legally :D) but taking very high risk for RFE
Result: Got retrogressed
EB3: Good chunk with genuine apps, some unfortunate ppl who do qualify but job doesn't support experience or higher pay, lot of gaming system with BS (3yr) in non Computer/IT and showing 1yr certifications etc, and everybody who does not qualify for EB1/EB2, lot of nurses (I heard someone said nurses in back)
Result: Severely retrogressed with no hopes in horizon
Now lets look at market demand ( we know supply of apps is pretty darn good)
EB 1: Very very high : general pay range starts from $250k+ and goes up to $400k for fresher (PHDs) and in upper $150k for Int'l Managers
EB 2:: High, general pay starts high $80k and goes somewhere $140k+,
EB 3:: good, starts from upper $40k and goes somewhere $65-70k, (lots of job and lots of applicant)
Now lets take a look at Supply of Apps (Assumption 1M apps already in system):
EB1: say 50K (5%) - (fast processing - Express lane)
EB2: may be 200K (20%) - (sounds good on paper but in realty slow but moving)
EB3: everything else (75%) (OMG :eek: stampede : frustration with no visible progress)
Now lets checkout preference:
Preference from perspective of country, what benefits country the most:
EB1: ohh : lets get them in ASAP
EB2: yes yes we welcome you please come in (after some long wait)
EB3: OMG its flood of ppl, use extra strong flood gate and keep them out as long as possible, and let them in with very low rate
Now This:
Like everything in the world, the fewer the qty the hotter the product,
the abundance kills the market, applies perfectly with EB2, in 2000-2001 it used to take 12-24 months and you have GC in hand, and now .. may be by my kids turns 16yrs, and EB3: 2000-2001 use to take about 3 yrs and but right then we started getting flood, and thanks to 200K H1bs in 2001-2.
End of the day EB1/EB2/EB3 all are immigrant and are victim of broken system (I’m sure EB1 disagree here with me because they enjoy express lanes), it need fix but is it high priority for law makers or we just think it is?
how desperate we are to provide help? or we are just good at reading/writing here and using IV and other forums for venting out? ask yourself
The list goes on and my analysis goes on, but these are just my thoughts thinking out loud,
and trying to think for a solution.... Next thought -> Solution, I will post in coming days
hot Blank white T-shirt PSD
Slowhand
07-19 02:38 PM
Slowhand, No Offense...If I were you, I would first contribute and then deal with this later. High time to contribute. If you have already contributed, please urge your friends to do so.
Just a suggestion, sooner or later that's the way it should be. No offense taken.
Just a suggestion, sooner or later that's the way it should be. No offense taken.
more...
house Blank white t-shirts front and
lazycis
10-18 01:36 PM
EB2 RIR/India
PD: Nov 2001
Labor Certification: March 2006
I-140: Approval April 2006
I-485 -May 2006
Finger Printing: June 2006
It took almost 4 1/2 years to get the labor certification and now its almost 17 months since my I-485 is pending approval. Took the path of writing to the FL, State Senator, Local Congressman and was fortunate to receive their response suggesting that its stuck in the namecheck stage and will have to wait for it to be completed. It has become a nightmare.... The only update in my case used to be whenever I initiate a service request. Now what is that which I can do to come out of this riddle....
Any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated !!!!
Write to Mr. Bush (no kidding). They will send an inquiry to FBI and you will get something from FBI NNCP (name check division). If that does not help, file a lawsuit against USCIS/FBI. Or you can file a lawsuit first and then write a letter to save some time. The lawsuit will get things moving. The do-it-yourself guide is located here:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check
PD: Nov 2001
Labor Certification: March 2006
I-140: Approval April 2006
I-485 -May 2006
Finger Printing: June 2006
It took almost 4 1/2 years to get the labor certification and now its almost 17 months since my I-485 is pending approval. Took the path of writing to the FL, State Senator, Local Congressman and was fortunate to receive their response suggesting that its stuck in the namecheck stage and will have to wait for it to be completed. It has become a nightmare.... The only update in my case used to be whenever I initiate a service request. Now what is that which I can do to come out of this riddle....
Any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated !!!!
Write to Mr. Bush (no kidding). They will send an inquiry to FBI and you will get something from FBI NNCP (name check division). If that does not help, file a lawsuit against USCIS/FBI. Or you can file a lawsuit first and then write a letter to save some time. The lawsuit will get things moving. The do-it-yourself guide is located here:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check
tattoo Stock T-Shirt/Plain White
srikondoji
06-07 12:38 PM
In same vein, driving on road is privillege not a right.
With 'privillege' you have to follow existing rules religiously then if it was a 'right'.
In anycase, what we can only do with existing law is work with law makers and not protest.
Thanks again for nice discussion.
With 'privillege' you have to follow existing rules religiously then if it was a 'right'.
In anycase, what we can only do with existing law is work with law makers and not protest.
Thanks again for nice discussion.
more...
pictures in a lank white t-shirt
desi3933
01-28 03:52 PM
AC21 doesn't contradict any law. AC21 memo is a real memo. It provides guidance for areas that are not clearly defined. So no point in comparing AC21 memo against the latest illegal memo by USCIS.
Memos are for interpretation of laws by USCIS. Any memo is advisory in nature and does not have force of law. These memos, unless challenged and turned downed by court or withdrawn, are valid.
Your saying that memo is illegal does not mean anything more than your personal opinion.
H-1B petitions have denied in past based on employer-employee relationship, unable to specify duties at end client, and self employment cases. If you are interested, let me know, I will put links here.
PS: This does not mean that I personally agree/disagree with the memo. This is just to show the legal aspect of it.
___________________
Not a legal advice.
Memos are for interpretation of laws by USCIS. Any memo is advisory in nature and does not have force of law. These memos, unless challenged and turned downed by court or withdrawn, are valid.
Your saying that memo is illegal does not mean anything more than your personal opinion.
H-1B petitions have denied in past based on employer-employee relationship, unable to specify duties at end client, and self employment cases. If you are interested, let me know, I will put links here.
PS: This does not mean that I personally agree/disagree with the memo. This is just to show the legal aspect of it.
___________________
Not a legal advice.
dresses lank white t shirt back.
vbkris77
04-26 12:36 AM
Lets move on and focus on this main topic...
Here are my observations.. Correct me if I am wrong..
1. L1 option for IT is essentially killed
2. Small IT companies will limit the headcount to 50 per company. It doesn't cost much to have more than one company. So no major changes to H1B Desi companies.
3. Most of the big American companies will not offer new H1B with 180 days, since most of them would have had layoffs.
4. Most IT companies will start spending a lot on lawyers. So they will be rich. There will be lot of audits.
5. Companies will complete PERM and I140 before getting a guy onsite, only if people are really interested in coming to USA any longer.
6. Need more clarity on where H1B outsourcing will be stopped...
Here are my observations.. Correct me if I am wrong..
1. L1 option for IT is essentially killed
2. Small IT companies will limit the headcount to 50 per company. It doesn't cost much to have more than one company. So no major changes to H1B Desi companies.
3. Most of the big American companies will not offer new H1B with 180 days, since most of them would have had layoffs.
4. Most IT companies will start spending a lot on lawyers. So they will be rich. There will be lot of audits.
5. Companies will complete PERM and I140 before getting a guy onsite, only if people are really interested in coming to USA any longer.
6. Need more clarity on where H1B outsourcing will be stopped...
more...
makeup Blank White T-shirt
abhijitp
03-13 12:40 PM
Thanks Waldenpond, paskal, english_august!
As far as joining a state chapter, you don't need to have face to face meetings at all. We haven't had even ONE meeting in NORCAL in the last few months.
Several state chapter members have collected & mailed to us dozens of letters without meeting us even once.
When there is time to act, you don't have to worry about how far you live etc.
The joint efforts of SoCal & NorCal are an excellent example as well. Gsc999 from NorCal has been to SoCal once in a while to help them with a Diwali Mela or a Letters drive, and SoCal folks drove to San Jose for the rally in July 07, and drona from SoCal helped us organize a Diwali mela event in NorCal in 11/2007.
More recently, rinsuper from SoCal called up hundreds of IV members all over California, then mailed us a bunch of 50 letters she had personally collected!
If there is a will, there is a way. If you insist on having a local chapter, feel free to setup yourself. IV will be too happy to help you do it!
As far as joining a state chapter, you don't need to have face to face meetings at all. We haven't had even ONE meeting in NORCAL in the last few months.
Several state chapter members have collected & mailed to us dozens of letters without meeting us even once.
When there is time to act, you don't have to worry about how far you live etc.
The joint efforts of SoCal & NorCal are an excellent example as well. Gsc999 from NorCal has been to SoCal once in a while to help them with a Diwali Mela or a Letters drive, and SoCal folks drove to San Jose for the rally in July 07, and drona from SoCal helped us organize a Diwali mela event in NorCal in 11/2007.
More recently, rinsuper from SoCal called up hundreds of IV members all over California, then mailed us a bunch of 50 letters she had personally collected!
If there is a will, there is a way. If you insist on having a local chapter, feel free to setup yourself. IV will be too happy to help you do it!
girlfriend with lank white t-shirt,
anupsaha
07-15 10:23 AM
Signed... Thanks for taking this up!
hairstyles back of lank white t shirt.
ElectricGrandpa
06-12 09:13 AM
Very neat. I like your black screen and nifty scrollwheel as well. I'm not sure if you're allowed to change them, but either way they look neat.
Raji
07-17 10:42 AM
We advice not to use this template and form. The message and the organization sending it for their advocacy agenda is very important. Even if you change the wording, people will hardly read the letter. They will look at the organization that sent it and its agenda.
It is better to call or email your senators and congressmen with a personal message. When there is a need for a fax campaign, IV will activate its fax campaign system here http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_iv_webfax&task=getContactDetails&Itemid=46
If you email or call your Congressmen or Senator, do tell them that you are a member of ImmigrationVoice so that their office can make the connection to your calls, meetings and emails in our advocacy meetings. Another point to note that in person meetings have much more effect than emails. You may get a standard reply to your emails. Sometimes the response may talk about a general immigration position of the senator rather than a specific reply to your question.
BTW do not quote any bill # yet. If you want to talk about Recapture, just say recapture of unused visas for Employment based category.
Hi Pappu,
Not sure I follow your argument here. Why should we not pursue the CIR and Recapture Bill action alert via AILA site. Also I am curious to know why IV has not put up a fax campaign for the same - given that this issue is clearly the focus on much of the IV agenda. Finally, I would think that while it is important to campaign directly to those in the know and power, as IV does and encourages members to do, there is something to be said for the strength of numbers. And one of the many ways IV can demonstrate that strength is not just to quote numbers in lobbying efforts but also to display direct interest of members and indeed non-members via faxes sent. IV Core and Donor Forum - some response from you would help us understand the path being pursued here.
Regards,
Raji
It is better to call or email your senators and congressmen with a personal message. When there is a need for a fax campaign, IV will activate its fax campaign system here http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_iv_webfax&task=getContactDetails&Itemid=46
If you email or call your Congressmen or Senator, do tell them that you are a member of ImmigrationVoice so that their office can make the connection to your calls, meetings and emails in our advocacy meetings. Another point to note that in person meetings have much more effect than emails. You may get a standard reply to your emails. Sometimes the response may talk about a general immigration position of the senator rather than a specific reply to your question.
BTW do not quote any bill # yet. If you want to talk about Recapture, just say recapture of unused visas for Employment based category.
Hi Pappu,
Not sure I follow your argument here. Why should we not pursue the CIR and Recapture Bill action alert via AILA site. Also I am curious to know why IV has not put up a fax campaign for the same - given that this issue is clearly the focus on much of the IV agenda. Finally, I would think that while it is important to campaign directly to those in the know and power, as IV does and encourages members to do, there is something to be said for the strength of numbers. And one of the many ways IV can demonstrate that strength is not just to quote numbers in lobbying efforts but also to display direct interest of members and indeed non-members via faxes sent. IV Core and Donor Forum - some response from you would help us understand the path being pursued here.
Regards,
Raji
trueguy
08-12 10:39 PM
EB3 I is going to have a long wait. I had applied for Canadian green card and had received it. At present i have EAD and AP. Is it worthwhile to go into consular processing and work in canada or apply for a blue card or think about Australia. If this sounds okay how should i proceed.
Jose Thomas
How do you get Blue Card. I thought its still under review and not official yet.
Jose Thomas
How do you get Blue Card. I thought its still under review and not official yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment