Macaca
11-07 04:56 PM
What I really wanna know is how Grassley will react to a H1 visa blackout in April 2008.
What is a H-1B blackout?
If he fails to get his $5k tax hike before April and H1 blackout in the first day as expected, then it just adds fuel to the fire - he will rev up his war-drums again. But if he gets his way and H1 blackout anyway (if not in the first day then soon due to pre-existing demand from 2/3 of the applicants who lost the lottery last year), then he looks like a total a**!!
Not surprising: grassley!
What is a H-1B blackout?
If he fails to get his $5k tax hike before April and H1 blackout in the first day as expected, then it just adds fuel to the fire - he will rev up his war-drums again. But if he gets his way and H1 blackout anyway (if not in the first day then soon due to pre-existing demand from 2/3 of the applicants who lost the lottery last year), then he looks like a total a**!!
Not surprising: grassley!
wallpaper Chris Paul Dallas Mavericks
Canadianindian
06-01 12:18 PM
The New York/New Jersey and Connecticut members very actively participated in calling their respresenatatives. California members have been known to be great participants. Please call.
Thanks to everyone who has participated and had been participating in Call Campaign Phases I and II. Here comes our next phase - Phase 3.
For phase 3 of our campaign we need to call the Representatives listed below to seek support for bills HR 5882, HR 5921 & HR 6039 from republican congressmen/congresswomen in our area. This is a very critical Action Item and we at least need to make 300 phone calls to be heard. We only have six representatives to contact this time and We can do this.
Please use the instructions provided below to make the phone calls.
(1) Call the congressman/woman office and request to speak with the aide who handles Legislative and Immigration matters
2) If they are not available leave a VM for them
I would like Representative "Representative Name" to co sponsor bills
HR 6039 & HR 5882, HR 5921. All the three bills have wide bipartisan
support in the house and will help improve American competitiveness &
reduce the back logs associated with USCIS. All these bills are non
controversial measures that will help US to stay competitive with a
highly educated and skilled work force
(3) As usual Do NOT get into the CIR issue or illegal Immigration. If
the aide is confusing with CIR or illegal immigration, just tell them
that these are legal immigration bills.
(4) If the aide asks whether you belong to the district or not, tell
them NO if you don't. Mention to them that you already spoke with
your representative and would like the congressman/congresswoman
support.
Here is the list of representatives to contact:
Mary Bono � California 45'th District
D.C Office Ph: 202-225-5330
Brian Bilbray � California 50'th District
Ph: 202-225-0508
Ken Calvert � California 44'th District
Ph: 202-225-1986
Jerry Lewis � California 41'st District
Ph: 202-225-5861
John Campbell � California 48'th District
Ph: 202-225-5611
Gary Miller � California 42'nd District
Ph: 202-225-3201
This Campaign has been kicked off for the California IV Group a couple of days ago. A few members of Cal. IV have been in touch with the offices listed above past week. We need more people to make the
calls and build momentum. Let us get going on this Action Item. Together, We can do this
Thanks to everyone who has participated and had been participating in Call Campaign Phases I and II. Here comes our next phase - Phase 3.
For phase 3 of our campaign we need to call the Representatives listed below to seek support for bills HR 5882, HR 5921 & HR 6039 from republican congressmen/congresswomen in our area. This is a very critical Action Item and we at least need to make 300 phone calls to be heard. We only have six representatives to contact this time and We can do this.
Please use the instructions provided below to make the phone calls.
(1) Call the congressman/woman office and request to speak with the aide who handles Legislative and Immigration matters
2) If they are not available leave a VM for them
I would like Representative "Representative Name" to co sponsor bills
HR 6039 & HR 5882, HR 5921. All the three bills have wide bipartisan
support in the house and will help improve American competitiveness &
reduce the back logs associated with USCIS. All these bills are non
controversial measures that will help US to stay competitive with a
highly educated and skilled work force
(3) As usual Do NOT get into the CIR issue or illegal Immigration. If
the aide is confusing with CIR or illegal immigration, just tell them
that these are legal immigration bills.
(4) If the aide asks whether you belong to the district or not, tell
them NO if you don't. Mention to them that you already spoke with
your representative and would like the congressman/congresswoman
support.
Here is the list of representatives to contact:
Mary Bono � California 45'th District
D.C Office Ph: 202-225-5330
Brian Bilbray � California 50'th District
Ph: 202-225-0508
Ken Calvert � California 44'th District
Ph: 202-225-1986
Jerry Lewis � California 41'st District
Ph: 202-225-5861
John Campbell � California 48'th District
Ph: 202-225-5611
Gary Miller � California 42'nd District
Ph: 202-225-3201
This Campaign has been kicked off for the California IV Group a couple of days ago. A few members of Cal. IV have been in touch with the offices listed above past week. We need more people to make the
calls and build momentum. Let us get going on this Action Item. Together, We can do this
geevikram
06-05 11:33 PM
Please call all of them. It took me only 10 mins.
2011 The
snathan
01-17 02:45 PM
hey snathan
how about a addnl category in the survey
people who are not on h1 but willing to contribute
I am sure there will be some ;-)
cinqsit
Could not modify the poll.
how about a addnl category in the survey
people who are not on h1 but willing to contribute
I am sure there will be some ;-)
cinqsit
Could not modify the poll.
more...
bugsbunny
04-17 08:16 PM
The fact that he's asking whether he qualifies for one, on an online forum,shows his level of skill and education. Enough said :)
wow! you can't even ask your peers for honest feedback without being judged. :(
wow! you can't even ask your peers for honest feedback without being judged. :(
seeking_GC
05-26 05:48 PM
If this is correct then we (all of IV) should support this bill and go all out to get this passed.
more...
psczd4
12-14 09:21 PM
I am planning to get my visa stamped at the chennai consultate in January 2008. I will be visiting for 3 weeks and was wondering whether such a situation will persists during the month of January...
Thanks,
Thanks,
2010 Dallas Mavericks, Game 1
485Mbe4001
09-14 04:47 PM
its a short sighted approach, you will just move from one level of pain to another one...once you realize that you are stuck with no change in job 'status' for 10 odd years you will realize that AC21 is not all that great...ihmo..i agree with you on the SKILL bill
I agree with you guys...especially even if they permit 485 filing pending the priority date...it will help a whole lot of people get out of their employer's tyrannical grip and lead a free life.....:) ...I only hope the SKIL bill gets passed in some way sooner.....
I agree with you guys...especially even if they permit 485 filing pending the priority date...it will help a whole lot of people get out of their employer's tyrannical grip and lead a free life.....:) ...I only hope the SKIL bill gets passed in some way sooner.....
more...
ramaonline
04-28 01:41 PM
In ac21 law; it doesn't say anything about the scenario if 140 is revoked by employer. It is totally silent to it.
AFAIK:
AC21 is not a law, just a guidance. Assume an immigration case goes to court hearing, the judge would completely ignore AC21 guidelines. Any employment per AC21 will be considered unlawful in this case. The probability of a case going to court is not very common though.
The above is just FYI.. You can google for more info.
AFAIK:
AC21 is not a law, just a guidance. Assume an immigration case goes to court hearing, the judge would completely ignore AC21 guidelines. Any employment per AC21 will be considered unlawful in this case. The probability of a case going to court is not very common though.
The above is just FYI.. You can google for more info.
hair Dallas Mavericks Desktop
gneerajg
09-11 01:37 AM
I got a ref today the reason ability not to pay. They state that in line 21ordinary business income is less than what it should be according to PW and based on that employer was not able to PW in those years like from 2001 to 2006but the gross income was always in between 600000-1000000 each year. but can they relate your old returns with new PW. I mean does it matter based on your last 5 returns ability not to pay but currently I am drawing more than PW and my employer never filed tax`return with loss. pl. advice Does I need good CPA
40k+ in 2006
35k+ in 2005
33k+ in 2004
EB-3 PD 2001
Filed I-140 & I-485 on May 5,2007
40k+ in 2006
35k+ in 2005
33k+ in 2004
EB-3 PD 2001
Filed I-140 & I-485 on May 5,2007
more...
sts_seeker
03-16 12:58 PM
Hi all,
I got a RFE for Ability to pay for My I140(EB-3, PD-Ap2003) from USCIS. After consultation I was suggested that I needed an expert opinion letter from an Independent CPA telling that company can pay me the salary stated in the ALC. Now I need a CPA who can analyze the financials of the company and a lawyer who can write the letter to defend this case. I was wondering if anyone here can provide the service for CPA analyzation or sample letter on how to address this issue.
Thanks
sts_seeker
I got a RFE for Ability to pay for My I140(EB-3, PD-Ap2003) from USCIS. After consultation I was suggested that I needed an expert opinion letter from an Independent CPA telling that company can pay me the salary stated in the ALC. Now I need a CPA who can analyze the financials of the company and a lawyer who can write the letter to defend this case. I was wondering if anyone here can provide the service for CPA analyzation or sample letter on how to address this issue.
Thanks
sts_seeker
hot Aquarium wallpaper and
Ramba
03-10 05:47 PM
I seriously doubt that this list is a 140 pending. Not 485. In 485 stage NIW will not come into picture.
more...
house Dallas Mavericks recibe el
rajuseattle
04-18 08:11 PM
NNreddy:
I would request you start a fresh thread and people can answer your questions.
I would request you start a fresh thread and people can answer your questions.
tattoo The Dallas Mavericks face the
saileshdude
03-31 10:29 AM
Hello,
Here is my case trail
worked with employer A from June 2005 on h1b visa.
Employer A applied for GC under PERM EB2 with PD - March, 2nd 2006 - labor approved in a couple of weeks
Employer A applied for i 140 in June 2006 and got approved in July 2006
Filed for i 485 in July 2008 never received FP notices
Project got over in last week of February 2008 and unable to find new project.
I switched jobs in last week of April 2008 using EAD - using AC21
Sent AC21 letter to USCIS in July 2008 about job change.
Employer A requested 140 revoke in August 2008.
Spouse got FP notice in August 2008 whereas I (primary) got NOID asking for new employment details.
Responded to NOID in a timely manner and on August 25th, 2008 - my status changed to "Response received - case processing resumed"
In Jan 2009 I got my FP notice.
In Jan 2009 - I travelled using AP and got back fine.
In March 2009 - I got a denial notice saying "485 is denied because 140 was revoked on August 2008. No appeal only MTR" - thisletter comes from a different officer id than the one who sent the NOID.
My question to UN and other gurus. Does it have anything to do with a changed interpretation? My lawyer says "This is a training issue - the new officer did not know about AC21 and as soon as he/she saw 140 as revoked - just ignored your other details on the case and issued a denial notice. This is very common and can be resolved using MTR"
Your lawyer is probably correct. This has to do with IO who are not aware of AC21 laws. But make sure your employer did not have any issues with DOL, USCIS in responding to RFEs related to other employees like H1 RFE, ability to pay , etc which may be used against your application.
Here is my case trail
worked with employer A from June 2005 on h1b visa.
Employer A applied for GC under PERM EB2 with PD - March, 2nd 2006 - labor approved in a couple of weeks
Employer A applied for i 140 in June 2006 and got approved in July 2006
Filed for i 485 in July 2008 never received FP notices
Project got over in last week of February 2008 and unable to find new project.
I switched jobs in last week of April 2008 using EAD - using AC21
Sent AC21 letter to USCIS in July 2008 about job change.
Employer A requested 140 revoke in August 2008.
Spouse got FP notice in August 2008 whereas I (primary) got NOID asking for new employment details.
Responded to NOID in a timely manner and on August 25th, 2008 - my status changed to "Response received - case processing resumed"
In Jan 2009 I got my FP notice.
In Jan 2009 - I travelled using AP and got back fine.
In March 2009 - I got a denial notice saying "485 is denied because 140 was revoked on August 2008. No appeal only MTR" - thisletter comes from a different officer id than the one who sent the NOID.
My question to UN and other gurus. Does it have anything to do with a changed interpretation? My lawyer says "This is a training issue - the new officer did not know about AC21 and as soon as he/she saw 140 as revoked - just ignored your other details on the case and issued a denial notice. This is very common and can be resolved using MTR"
Your lawyer is probably correct. This has to do with IO who are not aware of AC21 laws. But make sure your employer did not have any issues with DOL, USCIS in responding to RFEs related to other employees like H1 RFE, ability to pay , etc which may be used against your application.
more...
pictures 2011-NBA-Finals-Heat-Mavs-

rimco99
11-02 09:28 PM
Why are u coming up with such vague ideas.
dresses by bebasdonk on Juni 15, 2011
Rajeev
01-31 03:00 PM
They are still 3 and 9 under most popular.
more...
makeup 1440 x 900 Cowboys wallpaper
goodluck
12-13 05:31 PM
How about we start donating services for the IV. I am ready to donate my time and use my energies to generate money for the IV. Ideas can be
1. Shampoo your car ($20)
2 Wash your car ($25)
3 Donate personal DVD's to be rented out to fellow Desis ($2)
4 Dinner and a Movie organized by state chapters. ($100)
5 Collect Cans to recycle
6 More Ideas
1. Shampoo your car ($20)
2 Wash your car ($25)
3 Donate personal DVD's to be rented out to fellow Desis ($2)
4 Dinner and a Movie organized by state chapters. ($100)
5 Collect Cans to recycle
6 More Ideas
girlfriend the Dallas Mavericks to
ak_2006
08-11 12:56 PM
Done
hairstyles dallas mavericks wallpaper
paskal
07-17 08:39 PM
Thanks for the response PASCAL. However I still do not understand why IV is not encouraging everyone to send faxes and register their support via the AILA site. As I have understood AILA has been a leader in this effort for immigration {see July 2007}. If you are trying to say that the interests of AILA and IV are not exactly the same - that is to be expected - no 2 organizations can ever be the same - BUT - surely we can come together to form and pursue some strategic interests. I see that with regard to these bills IV and AILA interests meet. Further if readers @ IV send messages via AILA Action Alert then IV resources can be saved to follow the path that you have described above.
Finally, the bill may be a placeholder or position statement, but in the end we need to demonstrate the numbers - highlighting this bill may eventually lead to some worthwhile convergence in the CIR - I think no opportunity need be lost in this process and the more we highlight our position and condition the more visibility we get.
Regards!
Raji
Sorry you do not understand- I really cannot do better right now. Sometimes you just have to accept things! It's not that we do not coordinate or associate with AILA. We do.
The issue here is very specific, both pappu and I have told you what we think and attempted to explain why we do not want to invest resources in a specific action you suggested. Given that I can't spend the hours needed to explain the last few years of work and experience on this issue, I doubt this discussion will go anywhere. Feel free to send the fax. Just accept that we are not going to promote this as a mass action right now for many reasons. Peace!
Finally, the bill may be a placeholder or position statement, but in the end we need to demonstrate the numbers - highlighting this bill may eventually lead to some worthwhile convergence in the CIR - I think no opportunity need be lost in this process and the more we highlight our position and condition the more visibility we get.
Regards!
Raji
Sorry you do not understand- I really cannot do better right now. Sometimes you just have to accept things! It's not that we do not coordinate or associate with AILA. We do.
The issue here is very specific, both pappu and I have told you what we think and attempted to explain why we do not want to invest resources in a specific action you suggested. Given that I can't spend the hours needed to explain the last few years of work and experience on this issue, I doubt this discussion will go anywhere. Feel free to send the fax. Just accept that we are not going to promote this as a mass action right now for many reasons. Peace!
pmb76
07-14 09:03 PM
I disagree. His show is widely watched, so this is one more avenue where a small effort can have disproportionate results.
akred, Thank you for helping to promote this petition. I think that when we have enough signatures we must also release this letter in parallel to media outlets while we send it to CNN execs. This will make the folks at CNN more answerable to this petition. However in order to do this we require the backing of IV core and utilize their contacts with the media. An individual like you and me can only go so far. Backing of IV core will provide us with maximum traction to evince response from CNN.
akred, Thank you for helping to promote this petition. I think that when we have enough signatures we must also release this letter in parallel to media outlets while we send it to CNN execs. This will make the folks at CNN more answerable to this petition. However in order to do this we require the backing of IV core and utilize their contacts with the media. An individual like you and me can only go so far. Backing of IV core will provide us with maximum traction to evince response from CNN.
arifkamalzaidi
06-05 01:17 PM
http://img85.echo.cx/img85/3545/bpod1fv.jpg
representing BB-ville to the mix !
Steven_jd
some nice **** dude ;)
representing BB-ville to the mix !
Steven_jd
some nice **** dude ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment