desi3933
08-20 12:35 PM
Nope, if you think that the wait time is what makes a GC worth, then would you have liked to wait for another 10 years to make it more worthy?, on the other hand if you had got the GC the very next day you applied for it, would it have been worthless?.
The point I am trying to make is that no one can justify the wait time. it is torture.
NKR - Sorry, I wasn't very clear and it got misunderstood.
What I am trying to say is that whether GC takes 1 years or 5years, it is worth the wait IMHO. If I have to do all over again knowing it could take 5-6 years, I will do it. But that's just my personal opinion.
How are things going on your side, NKR? Good Luck.
The point I am trying to make is that no one can justify the wait time. it is torture.
NKR - Sorry, I wasn't very clear and it got misunderstood.
What I am trying to say is that whether GC takes 1 years or 5years, it is worth the wait IMHO. If I have to do all over again knowing it could take 5-6 years, I will do it. But that's just my personal opinion.
How are things going on your side, NKR? Good Luck.
wallpaper Dragon Head on calf tattoo
manishs7
07-18 05:48 PM
IV now has clout which should be immediately used for a permanent fix. Two issues which might not require laws being passed can be implemented to ease the backlog situation that will be created.
1. Recapture lost Visa numbers- A just and reasonable demand that they cannot refuse.
2. Remove per country cap- It is stupid to look for diversity in a category based on intellect. The whole category is created for improving America's brain power so a country cap does not make sense.
Which is better to say" We want 10 people with OK intellect from 10 different countries of the world" or " We want 10 absolutely brilliant people-period"
Supporting argument:
There is no country cap on H1/L1 work visa then why there is country cap for permanent residents.
1. Recapture lost Visa numbers- A just and reasonable demand that they cannot refuse.
2. Remove per country cap- It is stupid to look for diversity in a category based on intellect. The whole category is created for improving America's brain power so a country cap does not make sense.
Which is better to say" We want 10 people with OK intellect from 10 different countries of the world" or " We want 10 absolutely brilliant people-period"
Supporting argument:
There is no country cap on H1/L1 work visa then why there is country cap for permanent residents.

Marphad
05-05 02:22 PM
Folks I have an update on my case.
We filed for Motion to reopen on which were receipted on March 27th, 2009. I wrote to Congressman, Senators and also Ombudsman. Today my congressman's office got an update that our MTRs were approved on April 30th and our 485s got reopened and they have sent letters to that effect.
What a relief. It was a stressful 6 week ordeal. Thanks to IV and its members for the help and support.
Congratulations. I wish you never had to go through all these.
We filed for Motion to reopen on which were receipted on March 27th, 2009. I wrote to Congressman, Senators and also Ombudsman. Today my congressman's office got an update that our MTRs were approved on April 30th and our 485s got reopened and they have sent letters to that effect.
What a relief. It was a stressful 6 week ordeal. Thanks to IV and its members for the help and support.
Congratulations. I wish you never had to go through all these.
2011 Dragon Head
somegchuh
07-21 12:02 PM
I think canadian IT jobs will accept US IT experience. However, getting a job there is harder because the industry is small but then again you don't have to be in IT. You are free to start a business there. I know ppl who have come from India to canada and have started insurance business etc. Like moving to any other place, its going to be a fresh-start if you choose to go to canada/Aus/India/etc.
One of my friends who is in Canada for a few years now tells me that the Canadian companies do recognize US experience. Another friend recently finished his MBA from the US ( after he went through the whole MS, job at a top company, GC process where labor got rejected after 4 years nonsense). He moved to Canada with a job offer, so it is much easier for him. Just don't go there and think you will find something. Make sure you have a job offer and only then go there.
One of my friends who is in Canada for a few years now tells me that the Canadian companies do recognize US experience. Another friend recently finished his MBA from the US ( after he went through the whole MS, job at a top company, GC process where labor got rejected after 4 years nonsense). He moved to Canada with a job offer, so it is much easier for him. Just don't go there and think you will find something. Make sure you have a job offer and only then go there.
more...
prince_waiting
12-11 03:02 PM
Left a message which pointed out the fact that around 500000 highly skilled immigrants are waiting to buy a house (median price 250000) resulting in 12.5 billion USD worth business being conducted.
h1techSlave
07-10 09:33 PM
As per our lawyers, right now USCIS is in the process of entering our applications in their system (for date of receipt and such). There was a memo from USCIS saying that they will be done with the job of data entry by August 1.
From August 1, we can expect either rejection or acceptance of the actual application. The hope is that a court/congressional intervention before August 1 will change the USCIS action of rejection into acceptance.
Flowers to Condi; any body?
Cheers,
h1techSlave
From August 1, we can expect either rejection or acceptance of the actual application. The hope is that a court/congressional intervention before August 1 will change the USCIS action of rejection into acceptance.
Flowers to Condi; any body?
Cheers,
h1techSlave
more...
pthoko
06-19 12:45 AM
IMG is very good but they dont cover pre existing conditionsl.
Hi,
What do you mean by IMG is very good?? Could you please elaborate??
Thanks
Hi,
What do you mean by IMG is very good?? Could you please elaborate??
Thanks
2010 Japanese Dragon Tattoo Ideas
Macaca
12-17 04:14 PM
From page 8 of Driving jobs and Innovation Offshore (http://www.nfap.com/pdf/071206study.pdf) The impact of high-skill Immigration Restrictions on America, National Foundation for American Policy (NFAP) Policy Brief, Dec 2007
Critics hope to make any increase in H-1B visas contingent on imposing new restrictions on companies hiring foreign-born professionals, scientists and engineers. While many of the critics’ attacks have centered on so-called “outsourcing” companies, the intent is to impose new restrictions on all companies that seek access to skilled foreign-born talent. As discussed later in this analysis, many of the restrictions put forward by Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Charles Grassley (R-IA), Bernard Sanders (I-VT) and Claire McCaskill (D-MO) would impact all U.S. companies hiring foreign-born talent.
Senator Grassley has said there is a "high amount of fraud and abuse" involving H-1B visas. However, an examination of objective data belies this statement. When questioned by the Wall Street Journal a Grassley spokeswoman cited only anecdotal evidence, saying, “People have called our office.” By objective measurements there is not evidence of significant abuse but modest problems that are addressed through agency enforcement.
The data show it would be mistake to tar all companies with the faults of literally a few. Of the $4.8 million owed in back wages in 2004, more than half (53 percent) came from findings against just 7 companies, none of whom are household names. Abuse does occur but the evidence indicates it is limited and of a character that can be handled within existing laws and regulations.
In fact, the amount of back wages owed to H-1B workers, small as it is, actually fell between FY 2005 and FY 2006. Moreover, the aggregate total of back wages owed is almost infinitesimal placed in the context of a $13 trillion economy. In FY 2005, only $5.2 million in back wages were owed to H-1B professionals based on DOL investigations and the total dropped to $4.6 million in FY 2006. Consistent with other years, 86 percent of the cases investigated (104 of 121) in FY 2005 resulted in no civil monetary penalties being assessed. In FY 2006, no civil monetary penalties were assessed in 89 percent of the cases completed (14 of 133).
The data show the vast majority of cases investigated by the Department of Labor have involved only paperwork violations, not willful abuse, and that back wage payments were generally fairly small. The proportion of H-1B professionals owed back wages is also small. Back wages were owed to less than 1 percent (0.28 percent) of the individuals who received H-1B status between FY 1999 and FY 2002 – a total of 1,323 individuals out of approximately 473,000 individuals.
Critics hope to make any increase in H-1B visas contingent on imposing new restrictions on companies hiring foreign-born professionals, scientists and engineers. While many of the critics’ attacks have centered on so-called “outsourcing” companies, the intent is to impose new restrictions on all companies that seek access to skilled foreign-born talent. As discussed later in this analysis, many of the restrictions put forward by Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Charles Grassley (R-IA), Bernard Sanders (I-VT) and Claire McCaskill (D-MO) would impact all U.S. companies hiring foreign-born talent.
Senator Grassley has said there is a "high amount of fraud and abuse" involving H-1B visas. However, an examination of objective data belies this statement. When questioned by the Wall Street Journal a Grassley spokeswoman cited only anecdotal evidence, saying, “People have called our office.” By objective measurements there is not evidence of significant abuse but modest problems that are addressed through agency enforcement.
The data show it would be mistake to tar all companies with the faults of literally a few. Of the $4.8 million owed in back wages in 2004, more than half (53 percent) came from findings against just 7 companies, none of whom are household names. Abuse does occur but the evidence indicates it is limited and of a character that can be handled within existing laws and regulations.
In fact, the amount of back wages owed to H-1B workers, small as it is, actually fell between FY 2005 and FY 2006. Moreover, the aggregate total of back wages owed is almost infinitesimal placed in the context of a $13 trillion economy. In FY 2005, only $5.2 million in back wages were owed to H-1B professionals based on DOL investigations and the total dropped to $4.6 million in FY 2006. Consistent with other years, 86 percent of the cases investigated (104 of 121) in FY 2005 resulted in no civil monetary penalties being assessed. In FY 2006, no civil monetary penalties were assessed in 89 percent of the cases completed (14 of 133).
The data show the vast majority of cases investigated by the Department of Labor have involved only paperwork violations, not willful abuse, and that back wage payments were generally fairly small. The proportion of H-1B professionals owed back wages is also small. Back wages were owed to less than 1 percent (0.28 percent) of the individuals who received H-1B status between FY 1999 and FY 2002 – a total of 1,323 individuals out of approximately 473,000 individuals.
more...
desixp
12-27 08:39 AM
Rajgopal,
It is taking about 8 to 9 business days to process. This does not include the courier time. For my wife's passport we got it after two days because VFS handed the passport to Blue Dart after the cut off time at Chennai. We had our interview on 7th of Dec and we got our PP's on 20th and 22nd. I would not recommend any changes to the airline tickets until you get your PP in hand.
Hope this information helps.
DesiXP.
It is taking about 8 to 9 business days to process. This does not include the courier time. For my wife's passport we got it after two days because VFS handed the passport to Blue Dart after the cut off time at Chennai. We had our interview on 7th of Dec and we got our PP's on 20th and 22nd. I would not recommend any changes to the airline tickets until you get your PP in hand.
Hope this information helps.
DesiXP.
hair Tribal dragon head tattoo with
morphthecat
04-19 07:00 AM
I had sent $100 a week or two back.
more...

glus
03-26 03:35 PM
I got 2 of them recently too. PD not current. Probably pre-processing the applications but not approving them due to PD not current :-(
hot Tattoo Of A Chinese Dragon
chicago60607
09-17 11:30 AM
Impeachement voting is done
more...
house The Dragon Tattoo

unchew
06-11 11:00 PM
@ElectricGrandpa: You missed the center of the wheel ^^
tattoo DRAGON #44 TATTOO CHINA DECAL
nixstor
07-27 10:13 AM
va_labor,
totally concur with your opinion.
totally concur with your opinion.
more...
pictures 2010 Free Dragon Tattoo
panky72
06-17 11:30 PM
What does 'acute exacerbations of preexisting conditions' mean?
Are there any examples of the cases of that were covered in past? Did anyone have any first hand experience with that?
Given someone's situation, can they give in writing that they will definitely cover anything related to that situation?
Those are the questions that come to my mind.
Like if somebody has high blood pressure but suddenly the blood pressure goes very high and they have to go to ER.
Are there any examples of the cases of that were covered in past? Did anyone have any first hand experience with that?
Given someone's situation, can they give in writing that they will definitely cover anything related to that situation?
Those are the questions that come to my mind.
Like if somebody has high blood pressure but suddenly the blood pressure goes very high and they have to go to ER.
dresses This dragon turns its head
gjoe
10-27 09:25 AM
^^^bump^^^
more...
makeup Big Dragon Head Tattoo Design
caliguy
10-30 07:02 PM
Agree with vikki76. Infopass and Customer Service numbers are totally useless. Actually, they can do more harm than good as they will open a SR for you, and then when you call back, you are stuck as you have to wait for 30/45/60/90 days.
I think the following will be helpful (I think what worked for me):
1) Try to get a hold of a polite and helpful IO. Keep calling until you get to talk to a nice IO. Reaching an IO does not take more than 30-60 seconds if you call late in the afternoon.
2) Send DHS-7001 form to CIS Ombudsman
3) Letter to Napolitano
I still havent got a response for a letter to the first lady so I am not sure if that works.
Good luck!
It wouldn't hurt to verify which 140 is getting picked up. I got paranoid because when I contacted USCIS through service request, POJ and ncsc follow up email in September, I came to know that my application is awaiting visa number when clearly dates for my PD were current since Sept 01. Then I tried calling USCIS repeatedly until I got confirmation that both 140 were indeed in place.
After I initiated these requests, my app moved from "awaiting visa number" to " assigned to supervisor" after October 1st. In fact, on Oct 6th,there was LUD on 485 and on Oct 28th, a Hard LUD on my approved 140.
InfoPass won't help much. Usually they just brush people off saying that wait till your PD is current but IO's on phone give more information.
I think the following will be helpful (I think what worked for me):
1) Try to get a hold of a polite and helpful IO. Keep calling until you get to talk to a nice IO. Reaching an IO does not take more than 30-60 seconds if you call late in the afternoon.
2) Send DHS-7001 form to CIS Ombudsman
3) Letter to Napolitano
I still havent got a response for a letter to the first lady so I am not sure if that works.
Good luck!
It wouldn't hurt to verify which 140 is getting picked up. I got paranoid because when I contacted USCIS through service request, POJ and ncsc follow up email in September, I came to know that my application is awaiting visa number when clearly dates for my PD were current since Sept 01. Then I tried calling USCIS repeatedly until I got confirmation that both 140 were indeed in place.
After I initiated these requests, my app moved from "awaiting visa number" to " assigned to supervisor" after October 1st. In fact, on Oct 6th,there was LUD on 485 and on Oct 28th, a Hard LUD on my approved 140.
InfoPass won't help much. Usually they just brush people off saying that wait till your PD is current but IO's on phone give more information.
girlfriend 2011 This makes dragon tattoos
purgan
09-14 10:40 PM
yeah, and throw in free college tuition for your brothers and sisters:D
it ain't gonna happen
I'd be surprised if they agree to even ability to file 1-485....the anti-immigrationists/protectionists will fight tooth and nail on everything. They don't want you in the country...they want you to go back...they're against anything that will help immigrants stay here.
its pretty clear what they want
it ain't gonna happen
I'd be surprised if they agree to even ability to file 1-485....the anti-immigrationists/protectionists will fight tooth and nail on everything. They don't want you in the country...they want you to go back...they're against anything that will help immigrants stay here.
its pretty clear what they want
hairstyles Dragon Head Tattoo
cgs
01-29 07:26 PM
I know a lot of people using pre approved labor certs waiting for GC. What happens to them? I think this rule will affect only those who are trying to do Labor substitution in future.
* Since this is a final rule, upon approval by OMB, the elimination of substitution and 45-day validity of certified labor certification will be triggered. Take this message as a very special alert! This rule will not only eliminate substitutition on the OMB approval and release in the Federal Register but also kill the certified labor certification unless it is used within 45 days from the date of certification! Please stay tuned to this web site reporting.
* Since this is a final rule, upon approval by OMB, the elimination of substitution and 45-day validity of certified labor certification will be triggered. Take this message as a very special alert! This rule will not only eliminate substitutition on the OMB approval and release in the Federal Register but also kill the certified labor certification unless it is used within 45 days from the date of certification! Please stay tuned to this web site reporting.
mirchiseth
10-09 02:05 PM
Hi All
I have been following this thread for the last few days and wanted to share some info. Hoping it would be useful.
I entered the country in Jan 08 using the AP while I was still working for my GC sponsoring employer. Then in June 08 I joined another employer by transferring my H1B to the new employer. I did have the option of using EAD but I wasn't sure if the renewal will come before the expiry of current EAD. So decided to transfer H1 and my new employer graciously agreed to it.
We did a premium transfer so got the approval in 2 weeks. Money does wonders (Almost like the proverbial paper weight with files). I confirm that the I94# number on I797 approval notice is same as the I94# number I got when entering the country in Jan 08.
So this should be a good news for folks who are trying to do the same. I am in a different boat right now. I have to travel to India this November. I plan to return using AP. But now my employer is different from my GC sponsoring employer. Another issue is that I am going only for two weeks while my wife will be in India till Mid Jan. So we will enter US separately using AP. Please share your thoughts if you have been in this situation.
I have been following this thread for the last few days and wanted to share some info. Hoping it would be useful.
I entered the country in Jan 08 using the AP while I was still working for my GC sponsoring employer. Then in June 08 I joined another employer by transferring my H1B to the new employer. I did have the option of using EAD but I wasn't sure if the renewal will come before the expiry of current EAD. So decided to transfer H1 and my new employer graciously agreed to it.
We did a premium transfer so got the approval in 2 weeks. Money does wonders (Almost like the proverbial paper weight with files). I confirm that the I94# number on I797 approval notice is same as the I94# number I got when entering the country in Jan 08.
So this should be a good news for folks who are trying to do the same. I am in a different boat right now. I have to travel to India this November. I plan to return using AP. But now my employer is different from my GC sponsoring employer. Another issue is that I am going only for two weeks while my wife will be in India till Mid Jan. So we will enter US separately using AP. Please share your thoughts if you have been in this situation.
mbartosik
07-19 09:52 AM
it need not just a few very good core team members,
what is needed is a weight of slightly good, active and contributing, masses.
It is bad to rely on a few doing a lot, more need to do just a little more.
what is needed is a weight of slightly good, active and contributing, masses.
It is bad to rely on a few doing a lot, more need to do just a little more.
No comments:
Post a Comment