coolduggar
08-14 05:36 PM
Yes, that is right, I said �plight of EB2-India�.
I am a passive observer of these forums. But some of the ridiculous notions floating around here have motivated me to vent. First and foremost, the law as written is highly favorable to people in EB3 categories, even from India. Here is how...
Take my example (and there are thousands like myself)....came to the US 8 years ago, spent 5 years working day and night to earn a PhD on a low (barely sustainable) stipend, got FIRST job saw decent money for the first time 6 years after I came.
Now, compare this to a person working an EB3-job for the last 8 years. Not only does this person do a real job that hopefully provides a respectable income but this person also has the option of moving to EB2 after 5 years of experience. So, at the end of the day in 2008; this person comes out ahead of me in terms of money, in terms of priority date (if ported) and most likely in terms of GC.
There are complaints all over the forum which have the stink of pretentiousness such as �oh..i am a poor EB3 waiting for n number of years� etc etc. What you guys seem to forget is that YOU are NOT an EB3, it is your JOB that is EB3. You have all the opportunities that were/are available to a person who sweated it out in the university system here to gain more qualifications and get an EB2 job. You CHOSE not to. The general discussion seems to center around cribbing about the US immigration system (Immigration by the way is a privilege defined by laws, not a birthright) and then blaming the EB2 crowd when they finally see the system implement the law as intended in the first place (horizontal spillover rules).
All these posts that refer to �my career is over because my gc is delayed� are nothing but a pathetic excuse. Law of supply and demand....if you have a skillset that is valuable, you will be fine with or without GC anywhere in the world. It takes a bunch of documents to remain here legally, all you need is a passport to go back if the system here seems so bad.
For all the attacks that are bound to happen, here is the fodder.....this is probably my first and last post, I haven�t contributed a dime to IV, will work here as long as I like it and if not, India is a great country and provides enough opportunities for any skillset !!
Stupid Post
I am a passive observer of these forums. But some of the ridiculous notions floating around here have motivated me to vent. First and foremost, the law as written is highly favorable to people in EB3 categories, even from India. Here is how...
Take my example (and there are thousands like myself)....came to the US 8 years ago, spent 5 years working day and night to earn a PhD on a low (barely sustainable) stipend, got FIRST job saw decent money for the first time 6 years after I came.
Now, compare this to a person working an EB3-job for the last 8 years. Not only does this person do a real job that hopefully provides a respectable income but this person also has the option of moving to EB2 after 5 years of experience. So, at the end of the day in 2008; this person comes out ahead of me in terms of money, in terms of priority date (if ported) and most likely in terms of GC.
There are complaints all over the forum which have the stink of pretentiousness such as �oh..i am a poor EB3 waiting for n number of years� etc etc. What you guys seem to forget is that YOU are NOT an EB3, it is your JOB that is EB3. You have all the opportunities that were/are available to a person who sweated it out in the university system here to gain more qualifications and get an EB2 job. You CHOSE not to. The general discussion seems to center around cribbing about the US immigration system (Immigration by the way is a privilege defined by laws, not a birthright) and then blaming the EB2 crowd when they finally see the system implement the law as intended in the first place (horizontal spillover rules).
All these posts that refer to �my career is over because my gc is delayed� are nothing but a pathetic excuse. Law of supply and demand....if you have a skillset that is valuable, you will be fine with or without GC anywhere in the world. It takes a bunch of documents to remain here legally, all you need is a passport to go back if the system here seems so bad.
For all the attacks that are bound to happen, here is the fodder.....this is probably my first and last post, I haven�t contributed a dime to IV, will work here as long as I like it and if not, India is a great country and provides enough opportunities for any skillset !!
Stupid Post
wallpaper eva longoria wedding cake.
learning01
02-01 12:53 PM
where there are no /nil/nada/zip GCs, it is a fault in the system. Because no disclosures are needed. They are the attorneys and future law makers. They are done with hi-tech workers, nurses. Now it is time to look for new 'bhakra'/'meka'/'aadu'
From ILW.com (http://www.ilw.com/seminars/december2006.shtm)
Physician Visas: What You Need To Know Now
Speakers: Gregory Siskind, Suzanne B. Seltzer, Joseph P. Curran, Jacqueline DeAndrus Bucar, Kristi L. Crawford, Eleanor M. Fitzpatrick, Benjamin T. Kurten, Chris Musillo, Ronald A. Nair, Jan Pederson, Donna Rae Richardson and Barry Walker.
Seminar Outline
Speaker bios
REGISTER NOW!
Each call features an hour of analysis, strategy and practice tips by Gregory Siskind, Suzanne B. Seltzer, Joseph P. Curran, Jacqueline DeAndrus Bucar, Kristi L. Crawford, Eleanor M. Fitzpatrick, Benjamin T. Kurten, Chris Musillo, Ronald A. Nair, Jan Pederson, Donna Rae Richardson and Barry Walker, followed by 30 minutes of questions and answers from participants.
SEMINAR OUTLINE
FIRST Phone Session on Dec 21, 2006: How to Immigrate as a Physician
� Credentialing and licensing: What does it take to be a US doctor? (ECFMG, residuary, USMLE)
� Entering to get credentialed
o B Visas
o F Visa - study centers
� Training
o From soup to nuts � how a doctor gets in to a residency program and gets to the US
o J-2 spouses
o H Visa - What's really required to be an H-1B resident? Which programs are subject to the H-1B cap?
o O Visa Can it work for a "training" position?
� J-1 Waivers
o HPSAs, MUAs, MHPSAs - understanding shortage areas
o Which federal government agencies sponsor waivers?
SECOND Phone Session on Jan 18, 2007: Hs, Os and Green Cards for Physicians
� J-1 Waivers
o I'm a specialist, where can I go?
o State 30 programs
o Waiver procedures - nuts and bolts
o Interaction of J waiver and NIW for underserved areas
o The impact of bi-specialization on waiver processing
� H-1Bs
o Basic requirements
o Cap issues for MDs
o Prevailing wage determinations
o Self-employment
� Os and other alternative non-immigrant categories
� Labor Certifications
� National Interest Waivers
� Other green card categories
THIRD Phone Session on Feb 1, 2007: Nurses and Legislative Update
� Nurses
o Non-immigrant options
o Green card options - impact of retrogression
o Credentialing update
o Consular processing issues
Legislative Update - The impact of comprehensive immigration reform on health care professions
REGISTER NOW
I agree with the initial post . But the market condition is such that it is very difficult to get qualified people for ERP/CRM applications so desi consultants get placed through desi companies .
From ILW.com (http://www.ilw.com/seminars/december2006.shtm)
Physician Visas: What You Need To Know Now
Speakers: Gregory Siskind, Suzanne B. Seltzer, Joseph P. Curran, Jacqueline DeAndrus Bucar, Kristi L. Crawford, Eleanor M. Fitzpatrick, Benjamin T. Kurten, Chris Musillo, Ronald A. Nair, Jan Pederson, Donna Rae Richardson and Barry Walker.
Seminar Outline
Speaker bios
REGISTER NOW!
Each call features an hour of analysis, strategy and practice tips by Gregory Siskind, Suzanne B. Seltzer, Joseph P. Curran, Jacqueline DeAndrus Bucar, Kristi L. Crawford, Eleanor M. Fitzpatrick, Benjamin T. Kurten, Chris Musillo, Ronald A. Nair, Jan Pederson, Donna Rae Richardson and Barry Walker, followed by 30 minutes of questions and answers from participants.
SEMINAR OUTLINE
FIRST Phone Session on Dec 21, 2006: How to Immigrate as a Physician
� Credentialing and licensing: What does it take to be a US doctor? (ECFMG, residuary, USMLE)
� Entering to get credentialed
o B Visas
o F Visa - study centers
� Training
o From soup to nuts � how a doctor gets in to a residency program and gets to the US
o J-2 spouses
o H Visa - What's really required to be an H-1B resident? Which programs are subject to the H-1B cap?
o O Visa Can it work for a "training" position?
� J-1 Waivers
o HPSAs, MUAs, MHPSAs - understanding shortage areas
o Which federal government agencies sponsor waivers?
SECOND Phone Session on Jan 18, 2007: Hs, Os and Green Cards for Physicians
� J-1 Waivers
o I'm a specialist, where can I go?
o State 30 programs
o Waiver procedures - nuts and bolts
o Interaction of J waiver and NIW for underserved areas
o The impact of bi-specialization on waiver processing
� H-1Bs
o Basic requirements
o Cap issues for MDs
o Prevailing wage determinations
o Self-employment
� Os and other alternative non-immigrant categories
� Labor Certifications
� National Interest Waivers
� Other green card categories
THIRD Phone Session on Feb 1, 2007: Nurses and Legislative Update
� Nurses
o Non-immigrant options
o Green card options - impact of retrogression
o Credentialing update
o Consular processing issues
Legislative Update - The impact of comprehensive immigration reform on health care professions
REGISTER NOW
I agree with the initial post . But the market condition is such that it is very difficult to get qualified people for ERP/CRM applications so desi consultants get placed through desi companies .
polapragada
04-26 07:24 PM
Thats exactly why we need to be against L1s. There is no numerical limit on them. Companies can pay peanuts as you just wrote.They work here for 1 year and take the job permenantly. They screw the work culture here
What work culture you are talking about.. LOL!!
Its besiness man... you are in a captlist country...
And we are here because of GLOBALIZATION...
Don't be too selfish
What work culture you are talking about.. LOL!!
Its besiness man... you are in a captlist country...
And we are here because of GLOBALIZATION...
Don't be too selfish
2011 eva longoria wedding gown.
ushkand
07-20 09:54 AM
Did you keep new filing fee also? When I spoke to custumer service by 800 number call, she said you have to keep new check and original sealed medical along with duplicat filing.Wish you all the best!
Yes, I basically sent in a complete new application.
Yes, I basically sent in a complete new application.
more...
number30
05-08 07:14 PM
Congrats DESI
US citizenship is a final stop for most/many immigrants. Post Sep 11, there has been a surge in nationalization applications because technically GC is like a long term visa to stay permanently. Therefore there is always a risk of losing GC because of DUI or other trivial or accidental issues etc.
Also post Sep 11, a lot of govt/sensitive projects that were available for GC only have been restricted to US Citizens. You lose a significant chunk of the available jobs market if you are a GC holder in the Maryland/DC/North Virgina area. In fact I know a lot of GC who kept their old passports but because of these hassles eventually decided for Naturalization.
Yes that is the one reason. Moreover i can get the Indian citizenship back by staying in India for 5 years on OCI card or PIO card. It is that simple. But Once i go back to India coming here is big problem. So I planned to take USC and Do an R2I later whenever i need or I want.
This week i became an USC after 9 years of stay in US. I can retain USC and stay in India. Came to US in 2000. Applied GC in 2002 Jan got the green card 2003 December with EB3
funny thing is While starting the Interview officer said " Oh you are a new immigrant" . I said I am here since year 2000. Officer replied you have just completed 5 years on Green card.
US citizenship is a final stop for most/many immigrants. Post Sep 11, there has been a surge in nationalization applications because technically GC is like a long term visa to stay permanently. Therefore there is always a risk of losing GC because of DUI or other trivial or accidental issues etc.
Also post Sep 11, a lot of govt/sensitive projects that were available for GC only have been restricted to US Citizens. You lose a significant chunk of the available jobs market if you are a GC holder in the Maryland/DC/North Virgina area. In fact I know a lot of GC who kept their old passports but because of these hassles eventually decided for Naturalization.
Yes that is the one reason. Moreover i can get the Indian citizenship back by staying in India for 5 years on OCI card or PIO card. It is that simple. But Once i go back to India coming here is big problem. So I planned to take USC and Do an R2I later whenever i need or I want.
This week i became an USC after 9 years of stay in US. I can retain USC and stay in India. Came to US in 2000. Applied GC in 2002 Jan got the green card 2003 December with EB3
funny thing is While starting the Interview officer said " Oh you are a new immigrant" . I said I am here since year 2000. Officer replied you have just completed 5 years on Green card.

chanduv23
03-13 09:37 AM
could you please post the link to it. I can't find it. thanks
Immigrant Visas
Cut-Off Dates for Immigrant Visas
We are pleased to announce the April 2008 cut-off dates for immigrant visas for individuals born in India and those born in most other countries.
To qualify for an appointment, an applicant's priority date (the date that the petition was filed) must fall before the cut-off date for the appropriate category.
The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin. If you have additional questions about cut-off dates and your case is being processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai, please e-mail us or call us at +91-22-2363-7407 between 2 and 4 p.m. IST.
Category India Most Other Countries
F1 22 February 2002 22 February 2002
FX 1 May 2002 1 May 2002
F2A 8 May 2003 8 May 2003
F2B 22 March 1999 22 March 1999
F3 22 May 2000 22 May 2000
F4 22 November 1996 22 July 1997
E1 Current Current
E2 1 December 2003 Current
E3 1 October 2001 1 July 2005
EX Unavailable Unavailable
EW 1 March 2002 1 March 2002
E4 Current Current
E4-Religious Current Current
Immigrant Visas
Cut-Off Dates for Immigrant Visas
We are pleased to announce the April 2008 cut-off dates for immigrant visas for individuals born in India and those born in most other countries.
To qualify for an appointment, an applicant's priority date (the date that the petition was filed) must fall before the cut-off date for the appropriate category.
The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin. If you have additional questions about cut-off dates and your case is being processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai, please e-mail us or call us at +91-22-2363-7407 between 2 and 4 p.m. IST.
Category India Most Other Countries
F1 22 February 2002 22 February 2002
FX 1 May 2002 1 May 2002
F2A 8 May 2003 8 May 2003
F2B 22 March 1999 22 March 1999
F3 22 May 2000 22 May 2000
F4 22 November 1996 22 July 1997
E1 Current Current
E2 1 December 2003 Current
E3 1 October 2001 1 July 2005
EX Unavailable Unavailable
EW 1 March 2002 1 March 2002
E4 Current Current
E4-Religious Current Current
more...
DSLStart
09-17 02:01 PM
How much do these ppl eat? and Bush says food scarcity crisis is because of India ;)
Is 25 mins not up yet.... this is worse than the so called Indian Standard Time.
Is 25 mins not up yet.... this is worse than the so called Indian Standard Time.
2010 Choosing Your Wedding Dress
DesiGuy
09-17 12:39 PM
Hon. Conyers Jr.
Chairman
(D) Michigan, 14th
http://judiciary.house.gov/about/members.html
Chairman
(D) Michigan, 14th
http://judiciary.house.gov/about/members.html
more...
Viktor
07-12 07:53 AM
He says we will come to know about where things will be going by the time they release the August bulletin.
hair eva longoria wedding dress
polapragada
08-19 09:38 PM
GUYS chill out.... !! Stop the FUSS...
Desi3933 Congrats....!
Desi3933 Congrats....!
more...
vadicherla
05-01 03:15 PM
I had soft LUD ON 1-485 primary application yesterday and today
hot Actress Eva Longoria looks
canleo98
04-20 01:08 AM
Hi sledge_hammer,
I have sent you a PM, can you take a look.
Thanks
I work for a small growing company that is reporting losses for the last 2-3 years, but I still got my PERM and I-140 approved based on the fact that the company's asset value is way more than my salary.
I have sent you a PM, can you take a look.
Thanks
I work for a small growing company that is reporting losses for the last 2-3 years, but I still got my PERM and I-140 approved based on the fact that the company's asset value is way more than my salary.
more...
house girlfriend Eva Longoria
kumar1
04-20 02:38 PM
I paid 100 USD to my attorney, just to reply to a small RFE. I think that is how it works.
I got soft LUD on 4/10 and a hard LUD on my wife's application on 4/13. My attorney recd the RFE today and informed that USCIS is requesting evidence of my marriage to be bonafide.
My attorney is asking for additional legal fees for replying to RFE. Gurus, do you think I should pay to the attorney or can I just reply to USCIS with evidence?
Thanks,
Praky
I got soft LUD on 4/10 and a hard LUD on my wife's application on 4/13. My attorney recd the RFE today and informed that USCIS is requesting evidence of my marriage to be bonafide.
My attorney is asking for additional legal fees for replying to RFE. Gurus, do you think I should pay to the attorney or can I just reply to USCIS with evidence?
Thanks,
Praky
tattoo Tag :eva longoria wedding,eva
AmericanDreamZ
07-12 02:27 PM
I think that is what they will do in order not to look like fools.
the question is, What happens to those july filers whose applications have not been returned yet and who will become current in the next bulletin.
Will USCIS ask them for the new fees.... Will they have to do all paperwork again including medicals.....what a mess!
The thing is I am sure most people here will not have a problem with paying the new higher fees. Infact it might turn out to be cheaper in the long run, cause as I understand it the new fee structure has the EAD and AP fees built in for a one time payment instead of yearly renewals. Like I said this is my understanding.
If this is the case we will be better off with new fees, cause even if they do decide to accept the 485's there is no way the approvals are coming anytime in the near future. I am sure if they do accept the 485's the dates will retrogress to the stone ages. So we can avail free renewals of EAD's and AP's till then.
But when i think about this again, If they do decide to go charge the new fees for all applications in July then wouldn't it put them in a worse situation, as it would become all too obvious that all this flip - flop was just so that could earn more money.
-ADZ
the question is, What happens to those july filers whose applications have not been returned yet and who will become current in the next bulletin.
Will USCIS ask them for the new fees.... Will they have to do all paperwork again including medicals.....what a mess!
The thing is I am sure most people here will not have a problem with paying the new higher fees. Infact it might turn out to be cheaper in the long run, cause as I understand it the new fee structure has the EAD and AP fees built in for a one time payment instead of yearly renewals. Like I said this is my understanding.
If this is the case we will be better off with new fees, cause even if they do decide to accept the 485's there is no way the approvals are coming anytime in the near future. I am sure if they do accept the 485's the dates will retrogress to the stone ages. So we can avail free renewals of EAD's and AP's till then.
But when i think about this again, If they do decide to go charge the new fees for all applications in July then wouldn't it put them in a worse situation, as it would become all too obvious that all this flip - flop was just so that could earn more money.
-ADZ
more...
pictures dresses Eva Longoria#39;s July
eb3_nepa
06-07 10:08 AM
For eg.. I was talking to my friend in India and told him about the issues here, he did not understand, he thought I am having a tough time here and told me he has some friends in US who can help me out with immigration problems. When I explained our issues to some people here, some understood and some did not, they told me they know some lawyers who are very good and can help. One of my old employer started a new company in Atlanta and contacted me and asked me to join, but I told him I cannot because I am stuck with my ppresent employer and will lose priority date blah... he did not understand that and was confused.
I had the SAME exact problem, both, with people here (indian citizens who are now american citizens) and people back home. To the point where, once i was addressing a group of my community members and a couple of Indian american people absolutely REFUSED to belive that the Govt wud give illegals a better break than they wud give us, and that it had happened in the past. It took me half an hour and quite a few examples to illustrate how that was true.
About all the confusion with the priority dates. I Myself am confused about this whole Priority Date Nonsense. I mean the part about processing 485's based on PDs makes sense. Why you cannot even APPLY makes NO sense whatsoever. I have tried making a short speech to convey the problem to friends and co-workers. Each time it ends up being so long winded and detailed that it just doesnt make it worthwhile. Midway in the conversation, u can feel the other person mentally Yawning ;)
I had the SAME exact problem, both, with people here (indian citizens who are now american citizens) and people back home. To the point where, once i was addressing a group of my community members and a couple of Indian american people absolutely REFUSED to belive that the Govt wud give illegals a better break than they wud give us, and that it had happened in the past. It took me half an hour and quite a few examples to illustrate how that was true.
About all the confusion with the priority dates. I Myself am confused about this whole Priority Date Nonsense. I mean the part about processing 485's based on PDs makes sense. Why you cannot even APPLY makes NO sense whatsoever. I have tried making a short speech to convey the problem to friends and co-workers. Each time it ends up being so long winded and detailed that it just doesnt make it worthwhile. Midway in the conversation, u can feel the other person mentally Yawning ;)
dresses eva longoria wedding dress.
english_august
07-12 10:00 PM
This is the press release prepared with help from the Core. Please send it out to your friends, journalists and other contacts.
http://www.touchdownusa.org/SanJose/SanJoseRallyPR.pdf
Best of Luck for the rally.
http://www.touchdownusa.org/SanJose/SanJoseRallyPR.pdf
Best of Luck for the rally.
more...
makeup eva longoria wedding gown.
oliTwist
01-14 07:48 PM
When I click on the link above....it does not work, gives me a message that says...
"The page you requested is not available right now"
how do I get there folks ?
:) I think the link provided by @sri is something that can be traversed from here http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/
I have logged in and voted for the Immigration Reform, link there. (Searched for Immigration as mentioned by @sri) But, again we have many other posts which are against legal immigration due to financial constraints.
Please avail this opportunity to vote and highlight our plight, by voice your opinion in the right posts.
"The page you requested is not available right now"
how do I get there folks ?
:) I think the link provided by @sri is something that can be traversed from here http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/
I have logged in and voted for the Immigration Reform, link there. (Searched for Immigration as mentioned by @sri) But, again we have many other posts which are against legal immigration due to financial constraints.
Please avail this opportunity to vote and highlight our plight, by voice your opinion in the right posts.
girlfriend eva longoria wedding gown.
sdrblr
09-15 01:05 PM
I sent it from my work email not yahoo or hotmail.
hairstyles Design of eva longoria wedding
absaarkhan
10-09 02:15 PM
Hi Mirchiseth,
Thanks for sharing the Info on your Case.
This is Indeed a very good news.
So far we have 2 Successful Cases wherein H1B Transfer was done
Successfully after Candidate Entered US on Advance Parole.
Hi All
I have been following this thread for the last few days and wanted to share some info. Hoping it would be useful.
I entered the country in Jan 08 using the AP while I was still working for my GC sponsoring employer. Then in June 08 I joined another employer by transferring my H1B to the new employer. I did have the option of using EAD but I wasn't sure if the renewal will come before the expiry of current EAD. So decided to transfer H1 and my new employer graciously agreed to it.
We did a premium transfer so got the approval in 2 weeks. Money does wonders (Almost like the proverbial paper weight with files). I confirm that the I94# number on I797 approval notice is same as the I94# number I got when entering the country in Jan 08.
So this should be a good news for folks who are trying to do the same. I am in a different boat right now. I have to travel to India this November. I plan to return using AP. But now my employer is different from my GC sponsoring employer. Another issue is that I am going only for two weeks while my wife will be in India till Mid Jan. So we will enter US separately using AP. Please share your thoughts if you have been in this situation.
Thanks for sharing the Info on your Case.
This is Indeed a very good news.
So far we have 2 Successful Cases wherein H1B Transfer was done
Successfully after Candidate Entered US on Advance Parole.
Hi All
I have been following this thread for the last few days and wanted to share some info. Hoping it would be useful.
I entered the country in Jan 08 using the AP while I was still working for my GC sponsoring employer. Then in June 08 I joined another employer by transferring my H1B to the new employer. I did have the option of using EAD but I wasn't sure if the renewal will come before the expiry of current EAD. So decided to transfer H1 and my new employer graciously agreed to it.
We did a premium transfer so got the approval in 2 weeks. Money does wonders (Almost like the proverbial paper weight with files). I confirm that the I94# number on I797 approval notice is same as the I94# number I got when entering the country in Jan 08.
So this should be a good news for folks who are trying to do the same. I am in a different boat right now. I have to travel to India this November. I plan to return using AP. But now my employer is different from my GC sponsoring employer. Another issue is that I am going only for two weeks while my wife will be in India till Mid Jan. So we will enter US separately using AP. Please share your thoughts if you have been in this situation.
Maverick1
11-13 12:18 PM
Although we cite the cost savings (from renewal of EAD) most people if not all who prefer to keep H1 status will definitely renew their EAD/AP just to be safe. On the AP case, I got 3 copies of multiple entry APs. My attorney told me to make copies of it and give only copies at the POE and point out that it is a multiple entry document if the officer wants to keep the original, so that the original stays with you.
This is interesting. I am trying to understand the reason why we should give copies. If you have three copies, and at POE they take one and return two, how does that harm you. I mean what is the point of keeping all three if there eligibility is 1 year and you don't expect to go out of the country a second time.
I think the advise is based on the following :
1) You need more (original copies - if you keep giving originals at POE) if you travel quite often.
2) Not every one got 3 copies. Some only got two.
3) Some officers may insist on taking the original and some may understand and accept the copy. So it is always useful to keep more originals.
4) It is ALWAYS safe to keep ATLEAST one original copy even if you think you won't travel within the validity for emergencies.
5) Although the originals after expiry may not be useful but that strategy to keep originals wont hurt. Why give the original when you CAN give a copy.
I thought on the same lines as you did when I first saw that letter from attorney, but I am going to follow the advise.
This is interesting. I am trying to understand the reason why we should give copies. If you have three copies, and at POE they take one and return two, how does that harm you. I mean what is the point of keeping all three if there eligibility is 1 year and you don't expect to go out of the country a second time.
I think the advise is based on the following :
1) You need more (original copies - if you keep giving originals at POE) if you travel quite often.
2) Not every one got 3 copies. Some only got two.
3) Some officers may insist on taking the original and some may understand and accept the copy. So it is always useful to keep more originals.
4) It is ALWAYS safe to keep ATLEAST one original copy even if you think you won't travel within the validity for emergencies.
5) Although the originals after expiry may not be useful but that strategy to keep originals wont hurt. Why give the original when you CAN give a copy.
I thought on the same lines as you did when I first saw that letter from attorney, but I am going to follow the advise.
harikris
05-14 10:23 PM
[Mr. Brown] True. If the plan B/C is not up to par with plan A then it is definitely hard to move on. Plan A (GC) gives you a grand standard of living but Plan B (India etc.) gives you a first class citizenship plus a say in the society. It's not all bad.
[harikris] Plan B/C comes into play when plan A is logically terminated. That is not the case here Mr. Brown. The process should be fast enough not to allow a life changing event to weigh in on any individual to continue with an initially chosen plan or to abandon it.
[Mr. Brown] Given the passage of time priorities/drive should be geared more towards securing and making the best of what you have (home country's citizenship) rather than what you don't have (GC). Heck, even retirement based mutual funds work in that fashion (aggressive at first, conservative as time passes).
[harikris] Going by your analogy, most "young" folks do play it aggressive(risky) by following up on their dreams and when it is time to consolidate/secure, they are facing uncertainties that are not quite under their control. I can assure you that all their efforts are indeed geared up towards securing what they have worked so hard for all along. I am assuming home country's citizenship and social circles are a given and no extra-ordinary effort needs to be applied in those sectors.
[Mr. Brown] No offense but it comes out a bit narcissist like ... don't ya think?
[harikris] No Sir. I don't believe for a second that i am asking more than what i paid for or entitled to.
[Mr. Brown] See now ... everyone keeps talking about this deal that USCIS promised us. Either my lawyer didn't give me the fine print (where the time frame was mentioned) or USCIS doesn't promise a time frame to every applicant.
[harikris] I am referring to the statements that USCIS/legislators make when they come up with yet another innovative method to overhaul the system to speed up the process and efficiently tackle the existing backlog within a pre-set target date. We have to take their word for it, if we are to have any solid grounds for making a case against backlogs. We got to STOP taking their statements with a "pinch of salt" and "wink-wink" fashion because that would mean we have lost the fight even before we enter the field. We got to "help" USCIS and work with them so that they can help us.
[Mr. Brown] You nailed it. I completely agree with you and guess what this arrogance from USCIS will come back to bite them but it will be too late. How do you think empires that rule for centuries crumble in a few years? Empathy (or lack-thereof) can bring one down to their knees.
[harikris] Thanks. We surely don't want to wish the vehicle [USCIS] that is supposed to take us to our "destination" to crash fatally. Let's strive to put USCIS back on track.
[Mr. Brown] Nothing. As second class citizens (GC/USC or not) we don't have a say in this society. We give some to get some.
[harikris] Please, do what you can. Don't resign to such thoughts. Let's come up with a solution. There is no merit sitting idle. Let's start knocking doors in all earnest and some door should open for sure.
[harikris] Plan B/C comes into play when plan A is logically terminated. That is not the case here Mr. Brown. The process should be fast enough not to allow a life changing event to weigh in on any individual to continue with an initially chosen plan or to abandon it.
[Mr. Brown] Given the passage of time priorities/drive should be geared more towards securing and making the best of what you have (home country's citizenship) rather than what you don't have (GC). Heck, even retirement based mutual funds work in that fashion (aggressive at first, conservative as time passes).
[harikris] Going by your analogy, most "young" folks do play it aggressive(risky) by following up on their dreams and when it is time to consolidate/secure, they are facing uncertainties that are not quite under their control. I can assure you that all their efforts are indeed geared up towards securing what they have worked so hard for all along. I am assuming home country's citizenship and social circles are a given and no extra-ordinary effort needs to be applied in those sectors.
[Mr. Brown] No offense but it comes out a bit narcissist like ... don't ya think?
[harikris] No Sir. I don't believe for a second that i am asking more than what i paid for or entitled to.
[Mr. Brown] See now ... everyone keeps talking about this deal that USCIS promised us. Either my lawyer didn't give me the fine print (where the time frame was mentioned) or USCIS doesn't promise a time frame to every applicant.
[harikris] I am referring to the statements that USCIS/legislators make when they come up with yet another innovative method to overhaul the system to speed up the process and efficiently tackle the existing backlog within a pre-set target date. We have to take their word for it, if we are to have any solid grounds for making a case against backlogs. We got to STOP taking their statements with a "pinch of salt" and "wink-wink" fashion because that would mean we have lost the fight even before we enter the field. We got to "help" USCIS and work with them so that they can help us.
[Mr. Brown] You nailed it. I completely agree with you and guess what this arrogance from USCIS will come back to bite them but it will be too late. How do you think empires that rule for centuries crumble in a few years? Empathy (or lack-thereof) can bring one down to their knees.
[harikris] Thanks. We surely don't want to wish the vehicle [USCIS] that is supposed to take us to our "destination" to crash fatally. Let's strive to put USCIS back on track.
[Mr. Brown] Nothing. As second class citizens (GC/USC or not) we don't have a say in this society. We give some to get some.
[harikris] Please, do what you can. Don't resign to such thoughts. Let's come up with a solution. There is no merit sitting idle. Let's start knocking doors in all earnest and some door should open for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment