
sdrblr
09-17 01:28 PM
Nice !! congrats
I think it is time for you to remove the words "** Still waiting for magic email - have mercy!"
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS...this morning 10:00AM CST we got the CPO emails for both of us...
I just can not thank Aall of you enough and the IV community for the support they have provided over the last few years - especially since Sept 1.
THANK YOU GOD - THANKS FOR LISTENING.
I will be around - not going anywhere and will support IV efforts!
BEST OF LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING...Believe me "appka bhi number aayega" I was loosing hopes - since Sept 1 when saw number of approvals after my PD/RD/ND etc..but there is really nothing that can predict this system.
Here is my journey - encapsulated:
PD- June 04
I485 files on July 2nd 2007 - NSC
RD 8/4/2207
SR #1: 9/4/2209
SR #2" 9/11/2209
Senator contact: 9/10/2009 and 9/11/2009
Infopass: 9/15/2009
CPO emails: 9/17/2009
Hang in there - open SRs and contact your senators!!!
I think it is time for you to remove the words "** Still waiting for magic email - have mercy!"
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS...this morning 10:00AM CST we got the CPO emails for both of us...
I just can not thank Aall of you enough and the IV community for the support they have provided over the last few years - especially since Sept 1.
THANK YOU GOD - THANKS FOR LISTENING.
I will be around - not going anywhere and will support IV efforts!
BEST OF LUCK FOR THOSE WHO ARE WAITING...Believe me "appka bhi number aayega" I was loosing hopes - since Sept 1 when saw number of approvals after my PD/RD/ND etc..but there is really nothing that can predict this system.
Here is my journey - encapsulated:
PD- June 04
I485 files on July 2nd 2007 - NSC
RD 8/4/2207
SR #1: 9/4/2209
SR #2" 9/11/2209
Senator contact: 9/10/2009 and 9/11/2009
Infopass: 9/15/2009
CPO emails: 9/17/2009
Hang in there - open SRs and contact your senators!!!
wallpaper love holding hands quotes.
twinbrothers
07-10 11:49 AM
I guess USCIS is getting pretty smart. To be a plaintiff in the lawsuit, your application has to get rejected. By holding your application, it is probably preventing you to be a plaintiff. Smart F***ing A**es
apple
06-11 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your case. Trust me, such liability suits are extremely common these days in America, and there is no cause for alarm as long as you take all the necessary steps.
If you had liability insurance for your auto at the time of the accident, the first thing you have to do is to call that insurance company and let them know about the lawsuit. THEY will hire and pay for a lawyer to defend you. If you want to be even more comfortable, you might also hire another defense attorney by yourself.
The catch is, your insurance lawyer will only defend you upto the amount of liability mentioned in your insurance. If there is any judgement over that amount, your personal assets are at stake. This happens only in very very rare scenarios. Most of the times, such lawsuits are settled out-of-court. The amount mentioned in the lawsuit ($3.25 M) is totally irrelevant- what they would eventually get (if any), will be far far away from this figure.
Assuming that there are no criminal charges, and this is a civil tort case, there will be no impact on your immigration proceedings at all.
Make sure you take all the paperwork very seriously and do not ignore any letter/notice/deadlines. Don't even think of running away- its not worth losing your career you have worked so hard for. Unless yours is an extremely unusual case, all that you stand to lose is several nights of sleep and thats all.
I have some links for you to look at:
http://www.illinoisprobono.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=2116
http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=111066
http://www.millerandzois.com/Maryland-Personal-Injury-Lawsuit.html
http://ask.metafilter.com/18037/Insurance-Company-Woes
http://www.ashcraftandgerel.com/autoacc.html
http://www.psp-interactive.com/issues/articles/2007-02_09.asp
http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm
http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/memag/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=111402
Good Luck!
Thx for the response..
I am already in touch with my insurance claim representative. He told that the insurance's attorney will be responding to the suit and requested me the send the papers asap (which I am going to do today). and they will take care of attorney's expenses.
One more thing that he clearly told is, that they can pay up to $50K and beyond that I have to take care.
-- I don't have any assets here(like shares, house etc)
-- Though I have a house in my country(not sure that would be counted as asset here in this case)
-- Even my bank balance is minimal
I already went thru lots of pain since the accident, and when I thought its all over, it is coming back..Hope I will be able to pass this test, as it is not as complicated as long waiting of GC :)
If you had liability insurance for your auto at the time of the accident, the first thing you have to do is to call that insurance company and let them know about the lawsuit. THEY will hire and pay for a lawyer to defend you. If you want to be even more comfortable, you might also hire another defense attorney by yourself.
The catch is, your insurance lawyer will only defend you upto the amount of liability mentioned in your insurance. If there is any judgement over that amount, your personal assets are at stake. This happens only in very very rare scenarios. Most of the times, such lawsuits are settled out-of-court. The amount mentioned in the lawsuit ($3.25 M) is totally irrelevant- what they would eventually get (if any), will be far far away from this figure.
Assuming that there are no criminal charges, and this is a civil tort case, there will be no impact on your immigration proceedings at all.
Make sure you take all the paperwork very seriously and do not ignore any letter/notice/deadlines. Don't even think of running away- its not worth losing your career you have worked so hard for. Unless yours is an extremely unusual case, all that you stand to lose is several nights of sleep and thats all.
I have some links for you to look at:
http://www.illinoisprobono.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=2116
http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=111066
http://www.millerandzois.com/Maryland-Personal-Injury-Lawsuit.html
http://ask.metafilter.com/18037/Insurance-Company-Woes
http://www.ashcraftandgerel.com/autoacc.html
http://www.psp-interactive.com/issues/articles/2007-02_09.asp
http://www.rbs2.com/cc.htm
http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/memag/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=111402
Good Luck!
Thx for the response..
I am already in touch with my insurance claim representative. He told that the insurance's attorney will be responding to the suit and requested me the send the papers asap (which I am going to do today). and they will take care of attorney's expenses.
One more thing that he clearly told is, that they can pay up to $50K and beyond that I have to take care.
-- I don't have any assets here(like shares, house etc)
-- Though I have a house in my country(not sure that would be counted as asset here in this case)
-- Even my bank balance is minimal
I already went thru lots of pain since the accident, and when I thought its all over, it is coming back..Hope I will be able to pass this test, as it is not as complicated as long waiting of GC :)
2011 cartoon lovers holding hands.
gsc999
07-12 12:30 AM
Does that mean that you are preparing the press release as well? Please send some information our way so that we can start blogging.
Can you help us create the press release?
Please see first page of this thread for event details. Thanks in advance
Can you help us create the press release?
Please see first page of this thread for event details. Thanks in advance
more...
svermani
04-03 10:31 AM
Yesterday, I got RFE for myself and my husband and need to respond by April 29th.
On my husband's 485 application we entered Last Entry Date wrong, they asked for the proof for the same and all I-797 issued to him so far. We have all his I-797 approvals and he was never out of status, but just worried that we put wrong date for Last entry Date.
I have sent the RFE to my attorney, waiting to hear his response. I am really worried what it could mean, not sure if it is a big thing or a simple RFE, need your advice.
For myself they have asked for I-797 approvals to show valid employment authorizations with the company from April 2004 - Deceber 2006.
I also have another question, my husband is on EAD since last year. Our 6 years on H1 are expiring in June 2009. Can he get H1 for the period he was on EAD?
Please advice.
On my husband's 485 application we entered Last Entry Date wrong, they asked for the proof for the same and all I-797 issued to him so far. We have all his I-797 approvals and he was never out of status, but just worried that we put wrong date for Last entry Date.
I have sent the RFE to my attorney, waiting to hear his response. I am really worried what it could mean, not sure if it is a big thing or a simple RFE, need your advice.
For myself they have asked for I-797 approvals to show valid employment authorizations with the company from April 2004 - Deceber 2006.
I also have another question, my husband is on EAD since last year. Our 6 years on H1 are expiring in June 2009. Can he get H1 for the period he was on EAD?
Please advice.
misanthrope
10-02 11:54 PM
Someone left me this comment with a red (ofcourse).
"Just because you are a consultant to a sleazy company does not make you incapable. The company might be not the consultant."
Sir/Madam,
I totally agree with your first statement. As I posted, people can be victim of circumstances. But, I believe there is always a choice and people tend to agree with their selfish side. It's the human nature. Please note that I am NOT questioning skills/knowledge of an EB3 candidate.
Baffling picture is that people get on the defensive in a second without justifying wrong doings or criminal acts. They tend to question other person's credibility or totally discredit his statements without even addressing the question.
"Just because you are a consultant to a sleazy company does not make you incapable. The company might be not the consultant."
Sir/Madam,
I totally agree with your first statement. As I posted, people can be victim of circumstances. But, I believe there is always a choice and people tend to agree with their selfish side. It's the human nature. Please note that I am NOT questioning skills/knowledge of an EB3 candidate.
Baffling picture is that people get on the defensive in a second without justifying wrong doings or criminal acts. They tend to question other person's credibility or totally discredit his statements without even addressing the question.
more...
helens_64
07-15 03:50 PM
Lou is talking about H1 badly. Does he know how schools are facing problems without H1. Thousands of schools have no math and science teachers in rural areas. Why cant he make the americans to work in that area. Most of the schools are using teachers over 75 to 80 years old. Most of them didnt know how to use computers. Then how they teach good to students. Principals are struggling to run the schools with out teachers. Parents are disappointed without proper teachers. With this level, how can America make best future.My kids are struggling without proper teachers. When we ask the schools, they are saying they couldnt get proper teachers. If Lou's grand kids face this trouble, then he wont talk. With this situation, how schools can make AYP(adequate Yearly Progress) according to No Child Left Behind Law. First the Govenment must take necessary steps to solve this issue
2010 hair Emo+lovers+holding+hands
Alien
02-13 11:15 PM
I agree with anands26 to an extent. We just need fresh ideas and activities going on while we wait for something to happen.
If we are not able to attract new members at a great rate we should atleast make sure we get to retain the existing strength.Word of mouth can only get you so much.
How about making professional grade media clips and posting the link on different websites? The one on IV we have now looks amateurish and doesnt quite do any justice to the org(with all due respects to the person in the clip). Its all about the outlook. People will tend to take us more seriously if we can do a few slick video clips with statistics,interviews(with different nationals) and such.Recruit an (not so expensive)Ad agency.Seeing is believing.It could probably boost the membership level too.Lets not sell ourselves short.
I also agree with anands26 on attacking the ideas instead of the person. If the leadership needs a slap on the hand so be it. Lets encourage some constructive criticism.Last week we witnessed a lot of personal attacks and guess who was doing it?
Ok, if advertising is too far-fetched, then hold some cultural events and make money on those. Brainstorm with members to find other ways to make money. People are not going to contribute. That is the writing on the wall. There is lack of trust and lack of faith in IV. IV will have to figure out ways to generate cash from other things than member contributions. If I remember correctly, people contributed nearly $200K and have got nothing to show for that.
These suggestions are because you think money is the issue. I don't think it is. It's the lack of good leadership. That is my opinion and it was point of my original posting. Lack of money is being blamed wrongly. But may be I am wrong.
Attack my ideas and not me. Then we can have a debate conducive to achieving our goals.
If we are not able to attract new members at a great rate we should atleast make sure we get to retain the existing strength.Word of mouth can only get you so much.
How about making professional grade media clips and posting the link on different websites? The one on IV we have now looks amateurish and doesnt quite do any justice to the org(with all due respects to the person in the clip). Its all about the outlook. People will tend to take us more seriously if we can do a few slick video clips with statistics,interviews(with different nationals) and such.Recruit an (not so expensive)Ad agency.Seeing is believing.It could probably boost the membership level too.Lets not sell ourselves short.
I also agree with anands26 on attacking the ideas instead of the person. If the leadership needs a slap on the hand so be it. Lets encourage some constructive criticism.Last week we witnessed a lot of personal attacks and guess who was doing it?
Ok, if advertising is too far-fetched, then hold some cultural events and make money on those. Brainstorm with members to find other ways to make money. People are not going to contribute. That is the writing on the wall. There is lack of trust and lack of faith in IV. IV will have to figure out ways to generate cash from other things than member contributions. If I remember correctly, people contributed nearly $200K and have got nothing to show for that.
These suggestions are because you think money is the issue. I don't think it is. It's the lack of good leadership. That is my opinion and it was point of my original posting. Lack of money is being blamed wrongly. But may be I am wrong.
Attack my ideas and not me. Then we can have a debate conducive to achieving our goals.
more...
smodekurti
10-12 05:04 PM
Now that your H1B from new company has been approved, they must have reopened the old one to send the notice to lawyer requesting them to confirm that you no longer work with them.
Anyways since ur new H1 is approved you have nothing to worry... chill and Njoy
This could be possible cos my previous employer told me that they have sent H1B withdrawal letter to USCIS a sometime ago. USCIS might have acted on that request. But we never know.
Thanks again.
Anyways since ur new H1 is approved you have nothing to worry... chill and Njoy
This could be possible cos my previous employer told me that they have sent H1B withdrawal letter to USCIS a sometime ago. USCIS might have acted on that request. But we never know.
Thanks again.
hair Emo+lovers+holding+hands
walker15
09-17 01:00 PM
25 minutes lunch now, after lunch hope they will discuss.
more...
BharatPremi
12-13 03:21 PM
I do not support "Paid membership". I support "Recurring Contribution". Ultimately it is money but at basic definition both concepts are completely different. Other thing, restricting access to the informative threads, definately not a good idea.
It will not match the basic theme with what we have initiated our struggle. Yes, for dedicted ones, to recognize their
continuous zeal ad cooperation different methods and means can be thought out but that should not be the restricting informative threads to fence sitters...Ultimately we support "open and free"
It will not match the basic theme with what we have initiated our struggle. Yes, for dedicted ones, to recognize their
continuous zeal ad cooperation different methods and means can be thought out but that should not be the restricting informative threads to fence sitters...Ultimately we support "open and free"
hot Emo+lovers+holding+hands
viva
02-06 10:52 PM
Purplehazea:
I didnt know you have such doubts about the efforts of IV and its goals.
Anyways, have you every picked up the phone and called us to ask us what we are doing at that moment? What we did last week, what's our plan next week? You know, there is a phone number listed at several places on the website. That phone never rings. Oh yes, never. So who come you never seek answers where you can get them?
We have told several times, that we dont have time to keep everyone in loop about everything we do in DC, including every time we meet some staffer or someone. Sorry, that's just how it is.
Last week, Aman was in DC on Thursday and Friday (Jan 25 and 26) and had meetings with 3 senate staffers who work on Immigration. Then he went to India, then he came back straight to DC monday morning and since yesterday, he has met with 2 more staffers, our lobbyists.
We are also trying to find out about the schedule A rumor and if its true, to have the recaptured visas go to all categories not just schedule A.
So there, you have your update? If you want to know more, then call us on the phone.
And this update is the kind of update we dont usually post on forums. This is mundane advocacy stuff. Find me one organization that gives hour by hour update of what they are doing.
If you dont trust us, what are you doing here. Why dont you join the "bash IV" party at immigration portal and enjoy criticizing the arrogant IV core and its stupid blind followers. I am sure you will find many enlightened fellows like over at portal who are smart enough not to follow or believe in IV.
Hey logic- listen to me bro : ignore such posts for your own sanity. i have noticed that you tend to give detailed responses to people like deepak and purplehazea. I wonder why you waste your precious time answering all these miscreants when you know that you cannot change their views.
Just ignore these anti-IV people as they are either anti-immigrant or not genuinely interested in reform...... We need your energy for other higher priority and higher value work for the IV community....
Go IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Go IV core!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didnt know you have such doubts about the efforts of IV and its goals.
Anyways, have you every picked up the phone and called us to ask us what we are doing at that moment? What we did last week, what's our plan next week? You know, there is a phone number listed at several places on the website. That phone never rings. Oh yes, never. So who come you never seek answers where you can get them?
We have told several times, that we dont have time to keep everyone in loop about everything we do in DC, including every time we meet some staffer or someone. Sorry, that's just how it is.
Last week, Aman was in DC on Thursday and Friday (Jan 25 and 26) and had meetings with 3 senate staffers who work on Immigration. Then he went to India, then he came back straight to DC monday morning and since yesterday, he has met with 2 more staffers, our lobbyists.
We are also trying to find out about the schedule A rumor and if its true, to have the recaptured visas go to all categories not just schedule A.
So there, you have your update? If you want to know more, then call us on the phone.
And this update is the kind of update we dont usually post on forums. This is mundane advocacy stuff. Find me one organization that gives hour by hour update of what they are doing.
If you dont trust us, what are you doing here. Why dont you join the "bash IV" party at immigration portal and enjoy criticizing the arrogant IV core and its stupid blind followers. I am sure you will find many enlightened fellows like over at portal who are smart enough not to follow or believe in IV.
Hey logic- listen to me bro : ignore such posts for your own sanity. i have noticed that you tend to give detailed responses to people like deepak and purplehazea. I wonder why you waste your precious time answering all these miscreants when you know that you cannot change their views.
Just ignore these anti-IV people as they are either anti-immigrant or not genuinely interested in reform...... We need your energy for other higher priority and higher value work for the IV community....
Go IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Go IV core!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
more...
house emo lovers holding hands. emo
santb1975
06-02 09:43 PM
We need to do this now
tattoo Couple Holding Hands On A
polapragada
08-13 08:43 PM
Yes, that is right, I said �plight of EB2-India�.
I am a passive observer of these forums. But some of the ridiculous notions floating around here have motivated me to vent. First and foremost, the law as written is highly favorable to people in EB3 categories, even from India. Here is how...
Take my example (and there are thousands like myself)....came to the US 8 years ago, spent 5 years working day and night to earn a PhD on a low (barely sustainable) stipend, got FIRST job saw decent money for the first time 6 years after I came.
Now, compare this to a person working an EB3-job for the last 8 years. Not only does this person do a real job that hopefully provides a respectable income but this person also has the option of moving to EB2 after 5 years of experience. So, at the end of the day in 2008; this person comes out ahead of me in terms of money, in terms of priority date (if ported) and most likely in terms of GC.
There are complaints all over the forum which have the stink of pretentiousness such as �oh..i am a poor EB3 waiting for n number of years� etc etc. What you guys seem to forget is that YOU are NOT an EB3, it is your JOB that is EB3. You have all the opportunities that were/are available to a person who sweated it out in the university system here to gain more qualifications and get an EB2 job. You CHOSE not to. The general discussion seems to center around cribbing about the US immigration system (Immigration by the way is a privilege defined by laws, not a birthright) and then blaming the EB2 crowd when they finally see the system implement the law as intended in the first place (horizontal spillover rules).
All these posts that refer to �my career is over because my gc is delayed� are nothing but a pathetic excuse. Law of supply and demand....if you have a skillset that is valuable, you will be fine with or without GC anywhere in the world. It takes a bunch of documents to remain here legally, all you need is a passport to go back if the system here seems so bad.
For all the attacks that are bound to happen, here is the fodder.....this is probably my first and last post, I haven�t contributed a dime to IV, will work here as long as I like it and if not, India is a great country and provides enough opportunities for any skillset !!
I feel education should be rewarded (Every where). High skilled should get prefference.
chaanakya may be you should consider putting your words in soft intangiable worlds...
I am a passive observer of these forums. But some of the ridiculous notions floating around here have motivated me to vent. First and foremost, the law as written is highly favorable to people in EB3 categories, even from India. Here is how...
Take my example (and there are thousands like myself)....came to the US 8 years ago, spent 5 years working day and night to earn a PhD on a low (barely sustainable) stipend, got FIRST job saw decent money for the first time 6 years after I came.
Now, compare this to a person working an EB3-job for the last 8 years. Not only does this person do a real job that hopefully provides a respectable income but this person also has the option of moving to EB2 after 5 years of experience. So, at the end of the day in 2008; this person comes out ahead of me in terms of money, in terms of priority date (if ported) and most likely in terms of GC.
There are complaints all over the forum which have the stink of pretentiousness such as �oh..i am a poor EB3 waiting for n number of years� etc etc. What you guys seem to forget is that YOU are NOT an EB3, it is your JOB that is EB3. You have all the opportunities that were/are available to a person who sweated it out in the university system here to gain more qualifications and get an EB2 job. You CHOSE not to. The general discussion seems to center around cribbing about the US immigration system (Immigration by the way is a privilege defined by laws, not a birthright) and then blaming the EB2 crowd when they finally see the system implement the law as intended in the first place (horizontal spillover rules).
All these posts that refer to �my career is over because my gc is delayed� are nothing but a pathetic excuse. Law of supply and demand....if you have a skillset that is valuable, you will be fine with or without GC anywhere in the world. It takes a bunch of documents to remain here legally, all you need is a passport to go back if the system here seems so bad.
For all the attacks that are bound to happen, here is the fodder.....this is probably my first and last post, I haven�t contributed a dime to IV, will work here as long as I like it and if not, India is a great country and provides enough opportunities for any skillset !!
I feel education should be rewarded (Every where). High skilled should get prefference.
chaanakya may be you should consider putting your words in soft intangiable worlds...
more...
pictures couple holding hands on each
desi3933
03-10 05:56 PM
I seriously doubt that this list is a 140 pending. Not 485. In 485 stage NIW will not come into picture.
These numbers appear to be I-485.
1. I-485 is called application whereas I-140 is called petition. PDF mentions EB applications.
2. For EB5, no I-140 is needed. Instead I-526 is filed. Since EB5 is mentioned, it can't be I-140.
These numbers appear to be I-485.
1. I-485 is called application whereas I-140 is called petition. PDF mentions EB applications.
2. For EB5, no I-140 is needed. Instead I-526 is filed. Since EB5 is mentioned, it can't be I-140.
dresses Lovers+holding+hands+
satyasaich
04-07 01:37 PM
drop and drop makes an ocean
just added my $200 again today. and urging all the like minded people to come forward, even if we contributed before.
bottom line is we have to help ourself and join the hands
once again, thanks IV and let's keep the momentum.
"The tough gets going when going gets tough"
we all have a strong will and tough mind that can make a difference
just added my $200 again today. and urging all the like minded people to come forward, even if we contributed before.
bottom line is we have to help ourself and join the hands
once again, thanks IV and let's keep the momentum.
"The tough gets going when going gets tough"
we all have a strong will and tough mind that can make a difference
more...
makeup Web site map,hands holding
maine_gc
07-11 03:32 PM
I can not emphasis this enough. We need out of state volunteers to help call bay area members!
I will help you. Please send me phone numbers
I will help you. Please send me phone numbers
girlfriend Lovers+holding+hands+

vikki76
10-29 03:27 AM
@ vikki76
Please check this thread and September 2009 approvals thread. I saw names of the a couple IOs who had been helpful at NSC. If you cannot find it, please let me know and I will try and scan both the threads for you.
I got your pvt. message, will send you the letter tonight when I get home.
thanks again for helping out even after getting GC..urs and others support mean lots to us waiting here.
I just wish IO's too scan this forum and feel our frustration.:mad:
Please check this thread and September 2009 approvals thread. I saw names of the a couple IOs who had been helpful at NSC. If you cannot find it, please let me know and I will try and scan both the threads for you.
I got your pvt. message, will send you the letter tonight when I get home.
thanks again for helping out even after getting GC..urs and others support mean lots to us waiting here.
I just wish IO's too scan this forum and feel our frustration.:mad:
hairstyles holding hands on each.

needhelp!
11-14 06:53 PM
Please don't use the thread for just -- discussions sans actions .
Do take some actions - Have you contacted and posted your Comments to WWJ yet?
Do take some actions - Have you contacted and posted your Comments to WWJ yet?
caliguy
09-15 06:21 PM
Apologies, if this has been asked.
What is the sequence for using the POJ method for Texas?
Thanks in advance!
What is the sequence for using the POJ method for Texas?
Thanks in advance!
chicago60607
09-17 11:29 AM
Sorry it is about Impeachement of U.S. District Judge G. Thomas Porteous
No comments:
Post a Comment