Bush
02-13 04:25 PM
I realize that there is no point in telling you guys anything. When you don't have an open mind, you can not accept the facts. It's like banging your heads against steel wall. When you are not even ready to diagnose the disease, there is little hope you will be able to cure it. Denial is a beautiful thing.
So I apologize for my comments.
Here is something you will love:
Congratulations IV and the core team! Keep up the good work.
Please dont bang your head on the wall.The wall will break.Please dont apologize.If you really mean it can you please start actively participating in activities which will help everybody.I dont mean that you have to be with IV forum.I know that you are disillusioned with the IV forum.You can take some responsibility and start educating the law makers and people who are in your area.You can do this on your individual capacity you need not represent any forum.This will benefit everybody including ,you ,me and lot of other people who are undergoing this pain.
We have to all work together to achieve our goals whether you are in IV forum or not.
So I apologize for my comments.
Here is something you will love:
Congratulations IV and the core team! Keep up the good work.
Please dont bang your head on the wall.The wall will break.Please dont apologize.If you really mean it can you please start actively participating in activities which will help everybody.I dont mean that you have to be with IV forum.I know that you are disillusioned with the IV forum.You can take some responsibility and start educating the law makers and people who are in your area.You can do this on your individual capacity you need not represent any forum.This will benefit everybody including ,you ,me and lot of other people who are undergoing this pain.
We have to all work together to achieve our goals whether you are in IV forum or not.
wallpaper investigate animal cells
logiclife
05-01 04:15 PM
It is May 1st today, how much did we finally collect?
As of yesterday it was $ 107,246. Will update the action alerts tonight and then shut down the 150K drive.
Obviously we didnt meet the target. Today is the last day.
Thanks,
As of yesterday it was $ 107,246. Will update the action alerts tonight and then shut down the 150K drive.
Obviously we didnt meet the target. Today is the last day.
Thanks,
IamWithImmiVoice
01-14 03:48 PM
I am thinking of starting a google group for people who would like to send letters to USCIS/White House for our efforts. Not sure if we already have IV, if we really need another google group but the main aim for doing this is to send reminders to us to send letters and once in a while have discussions on what affect our efforts are having. Do you guys think its a good idea? I think I should start a poll for this
2011 Another function of the Cell
forever_waiting
04-22 07:54 PM
The point behind the lawsuit example was that just talking frivolously about lawsuits without understanding background and facts - is completely meaningless. This has been proven in the past.
It was about why more visas were given to EB-I and less to EB-C. Nothing to do with present debate
It was about why more visas were given to EB-I and less to EB-C. Nothing to do with present debate
more...
Macaca
02-07 05:16 PM
I have an MS degree, so IF the SKIL is passed, my PD will become current.
My understanding of SKILL for US MS is that it will not be counted against the cap. I don't see it saying that PD does not matter for US MS. What am I missing? Thanks.
My understanding of SKILL for US MS is that it will not be counted against the cap. I don't see it saying that PD does not matter for US MS. What am I missing? Thanks.
.jpg)
nixstor
06-03 11:22 AM
Great find.
We need to get more support from the right/republican side. Please call the republican members.
We need to get more support from the right/republican side. Please call the republican members.
more...
Sreeshankar
05-01 04:12 PM
Hi
Today I have seen soft lud on my 485 application, My pd is dec06 eb2-India, I have called uscis IO she updated my address and she told me that they are waiting for visa number once visa number is available they are working on my case, I asked her why I got soft LUD, she replied that IO opened my file and find out that country VISA number is not available. Because they touch my file I got soft LUd.
Thanks
Aj
Please could you people kindly post which service center is it - TSC or NSC ?
Thank you very much.
Sree
Today I have seen soft lud on my 485 application, My pd is dec06 eb2-India, I have called uscis IO she updated my address and she told me that they are waiting for visa number once visa number is available they are working on my case, I asked her why I got soft LUD, she replied that IO opened my file and find out that country VISA number is not available. Because they touch my file I got soft LUd.
Thanks
Aj
Please could you people kindly post which service center is it - TSC or NSC ?
Thank you very much.
Sree
2010 function, and processes In themay , structure Animal+cell+structure+and+
h4hopeful
07-14 02:09 PM
They have all gathered, and probably some media is there, I bet that Logiclife - Franklin - Etc. are updating the core team about the events, if anybody is having any conversation with anyone at the rally please post the number of people, media, etc, thanks
more...
paskal
05-24 10:06 PM
May be US corporations can tactically support this bill because this bill will impact Indian bodyshoppers severly. For past 5 years US companies could not compete with Indian companies as they have more leverage on H1b. Now if Indian companies avoid H1b US companies can get any time they want as they can satisfy most of conditions
that you have this marvelous full time job with an american company and are so very holier than thou...
btw i have a job like the one i described above, but preaching does not come naturally to all of us i guess.
i'd like to know if you care a crap about anyone whose life is likely to be severely shaken up by the things you propound here. remember they are simply innocent bystanders, they neither made laws, nor bent them. just tool jobs offered and did their work...
that you have this marvelous full time job with an american company and are so very holier than thou...
btw i have a job like the one i described above, but preaching does not come naturally to all of us i guess.
i'd like to know if you care a crap about anyone whose life is likely to be severely shaken up by the things you propound here. remember they are simply innocent bystanders, they neither made laws, nor bent them. just tool jobs offered and did their work...
hair Do to their endosymbiotic past
santb1975
06-06 11:07 AM
Rep. Linda Sanchez has decided to co-sponsor our bills HR 6039 and HR 5882. Thanks to our dedicated members efforts. I also got a call back from another Rep's office. Hopefully they will become our sponsors. Keeping fingers crossed for now
more...
pappu
01-30 09:08 AM
finally, something good by DOL for us.
Yes it is good that they are changing the rules despite opposition from lawyer association. Lets also hope that it gets implemented soon since there will be some opposition until it comes into effect. A lot has been changing in these agencies. Decoupling of H1 and H4 time, now Labor sustitution, premium processing, classification of service centers Etc. (we dont have a long list yet!) All this is also due to the phone calls people have made, letters people have written, articles media has published about inefficiencies and broken system, lawmakers people have met and aired their problems. Lets hope the wheels of change start moving fast enough for us.
Yes it is good that they are changing the rules despite opposition from lawyer association. Lets also hope that it gets implemented soon since there will be some opposition until it comes into effect. A lot has been changing in these agencies. Decoupling of H1 and H4 time, now Labor sustitution, premium processing, classification of service centers Etc. (we dont have a long list yet!) All this is also due to the phone calls people have made, letters people have written, articles media has published about inefficiencies and broken system, lawmakers people have met and aired their problems. Lets hope the wheels of change start moving fast enough for us.
hot Plant and animal cells

Oli-G
06-16 10:14 PM
Cheers guys!
Just did a rough sketch on paper, and then drew it up in vector, no secret really... and to be honest it isnt perfect at all, but turned out ok.
I guess drawing it at a larger scale then shrinking helped with some of the fine tuning.
Just did a rough sketch on paper, and then drew it up in vector, no secret really... and to be honest it isnt perfect at all, but turned out ok.
I guess drawing it at a larger scale then shrinking helped with some of the fine tuning.
more...
house Location, description, function powerpoint quiz basic thecells animal
saimrathi
07-12 08:33 AM
Sent a letter to Arnie telling him about the rally on 7/14.. Fingers crossed...
tattoo student will focus primarily Animal+cell+parts+and+functions
alterego
01-30 04:39 AM
I dont think companies are really geared to file for 140 within 45 days of labor approval.
Most of the companies take 4-6 weeks to just send the documents the lawyers request for filing 140. Then the lawyers, most likely forget something and request more documents. It takes another 2 weeks for company to send those.
All in all, on average I think companies need 3 months after approved labor to be ready to Fedex that 140 petition. No malicious intent on the part of employer, its just how things are. 45 days is going to make things difficult for many companies and many of the lazy, slow, procrastinating law firms.
When the Dept of labour can process PERM in generally 6-8 weeks or less and the USCIS can offer premium processing of 140 in 2 weeks or less, what the heck is wrong in expecting these large companies and law firms to get up off thier lazy slow procrastinating backsides and file within 45 days?
That said, in the final ruling I suspect they will make some modification to this time frame.
Most of the companies take 4-6 weeks to just send the documents the lawyers request for filing 140. Then the lawyers, most likely forget something and request more documents. It takes another 2 weeks for company to send those.
All in all, on average I think companies need 3 months after approved labor to be ready to Fedex that 140 petition. No malicious intent on the part of employer, its just how things are. 45 days is going to make things difficult for many companies and many of the lazy, slow, procrastinating law firms.
When the Dept of labour can process PERM in generally 6-8 weeks or less and the USCIS can offer premium processing of 140 in 2 weeks or less, what the heck is wrong in expecting these large companies and law firms to get up off thier lazy slow procrastinating backsides and file within 45 days?
That said, in the final ruling I suspect they will make some modification to this time frame.
more...
pictures Click on animal or plant cell.
go_guy123
05-07 03:02 PM
First of all Congratulations desi#### and thanks for continuing to support IV.
Interesting discussion going on. Yes, I agree that most of us here are waiting for our GC and some of them go on to become US Citizens.
I believe that becoming a citizen of any country is a person's choice, so let us not give desi### a hard time here.:o
But I certainly do not think it is an 'achievement' to get a US citizenship, just because it implies indirectly it is an 'achievement' to let go off Indian citizenship. Nothing meant to offend you desi#### but it hurts when one reads such a statement somewhere deep inside the mind. But hey, as I said earlier, to each his own and noone should be judging others in their decisions.
And it is not only Indians becoming US citizens every year. There are others too.
Personally, even with all the advantages as stated above of being a US citizen, I will never let go of my Indian passport. Even if the authorities give it to me tomorrow in a lottery;) Never.
Why? Because my identity, my rich heritage, my family roots, my parents, my culture everything is Indian and am proud of it. There are lot of sentimental and emotional attachments. I was going through the OCI articles today after reading this discussion.
It is not exactly a dual citizenship. Some clauses are no voting rights! No Indian Passport!
Getting a GC is another thing, but when I decide to go back after a couple of years, I would definitely want to retain my voting rights. ! I rest my case.
US citizenship is a final stop for most/many immigrants. Post Sep 11, there has been a surge in nationalization applications because technically GC is like a long term visa to stay permanently. Therefore there is always a risk of losing GC because of DUI or other trivial or accidental issues etc.
Also post Sep 11, a lot of govt/sensitive projects that were available for GC only have been restricted to US Citizens. You lose a significant chunk of the available jobs market if you are a GC holder in the Maryland/DC/North Virgina area. In fact I know a lot of GC who kept their old passports but because of these hassles eventually decided for Naturalization.
Interesting discussion going on. Yes, I agree that most of us here are waiting for our GC and some of them go on to become US Citizens.
I believe that becoming a citizen of any country is a person's choice, so let us not give desi### a hard time here.:o
But I certainly do not think it is an 'achievement' to get a US citizenship, just because it implies indirectly it is an 'achievement' to let go off Indian citizenship. Nothing meant to offend you desi#### but it hurts when one reads such a statement somewhere deep inside the mind. But hey, as I said earlier, to each his own and noone should be judging others in their decisions.
And it is not only Indians becoming US citizens every year. There are others too.
Personally, even with all the advantages as stated above of being a US citizen, I will never let go of my Indian passport. Even if the authorities give it to me tomorrow in a lottery;) Never.
Why? Because my identity, my rich heritage, my family roots, my parents, my culture everything is Indian and am proud of it. There are lot of sentimental and emotional attachments. I was going through the OCI articles today after reading this discussion.
It is not exactly a dual citizenship. Some clauses are no voting rights! No Indian Passport!
Getting a GC is another thing, but when I decide to go back after a couple of years, I would definitely want to retain my voting rights. ! I rest my case.
US citizenship is a final stop for most/many immigrants. Post Sep 11, there has been a surge in nationalization applications because technically GC is like a long term visa to stay permanently. Therefore there is always a risk of losing GC because of DUI or other trivial or accidental issues etc.
Also post Sep 11, a lot of govt/sensitive projects that were available for GC only have been restricted to US Citizens. You lose a significant chunk of the available jobs market if you are a GC holder in the Maryland/DC/North Virgina area. In fact I know a lot of GC who kept their old passports but because of these hassles eventually decided for Naturalization.
dresses Animal+cell+parts+and+functions+for+kids Superb program presents a
malibuguy007
08-19 10:25 PM
Right on!
Well there are several added advantages like you mentioned.
What kind of business you do? If you don't mind asking.
Are you making money? ( bottom line hehe ) :)
That is a ridiculous question
Well there are several added advantages like you mentioned.
What kind of business you do? If you don't mind asking.
Are you making money? ( bottom line hehe ) :)
That is a ridiculous question
more...
makeup Are looking for an animal
sc3
09-25 01:15 PM
Hey buddy sc3, How are you this morning. I just have to go to a meeting in another few minutes. Would you be around today? We have to continue our discussion from the other day. I feel like learning a lot from you and I love discussing with you. Please stick around and I will be back soon. Please don't go, ok. In the meantime, here is an excellent video you may want to watch in the meantime.
This is really good.
.
Doing good, thank you. How about yourself? Sanju, with all these candies you are throwing at us, I am thinking that you might be the one my parents used to warn about (dont talk to strangers who offer you candies). So now I am very scared, you seem to have taken quite a liking to my thoughts, which scares me too (rest assured, I called dateline NBC too!, Chris Hansen is a nice person to talk to).
You want to discuss more, well there is a problem, I am not a debater. I never won any debating contests. I see the points all of you are making, and, while I can understand where from it is coming. On a bleak day, I do commiserate with it - heck I do sometimes even cross over to play the devils advocate (Note: it is an expression, I am not saying we Indians are devils (I need to clarify, because there are some who take literal meaning at times)), but in the end, I have to come back to the quota being an enabler to control the "rush" of applicants.
Some have said that EB is based solely on "merits", and that I am inventing my own intent (of diversity). No I am not, look it up. The per-country quota system is mentioned in the statues even before family or EB is discussed. Family based immigration have the per country quota too (why should an Indian Family suffer for X years, while families of other countries are able to unite sooner), but I dont see that we asked to remove the the quota completely. We only asked for removal in EB (but that is deviating from the topic).
I am not anti-immigrant, just because I argue against some provisions does not make me anti-immigrant (well the same charge will be leveled against us by CIR folks because we dont take/support their approach), and no I dont yet have my GC. I may be whatever, but I will not burn the bridge after crossing it (though I have been known to burn the bridge while I am still on it).
Yes, laws can (and shall) be changed, but can't we discuss the good and bad of what we are changing? I have seen many a legislation that have good intent at heart, but many times ends up without checks and balances (and eventually misused).
This is really good.
.
Doing good, thank you. How about yourself? Sanju, with all these candies you are throwing at us, I am thinking that you might be the one my parents used to warn about (dont talk to strangers who offer you candies). So now I am very scared, you seem to have taken quite a liking to my thoughts, which scares me too (rest assured, I called dateline NBC too!, Chris Hansen is a nice person to talk to).
You want to discuss more, well there is a problem, I am not a debater. I never won any debating contests. I see the points all of you are making, and, while I can understand where from it is coming. On a bleak day, I do commiserate with it - heck I do sometimes even cross over to play the devils advocate (Note: it is an expression, I am not saying we Indians are devils (I need to clarify, because there are some who take literal meaning at times)), but in the end, I have to come back to the quota being an enabler to control the "rush" of applicants.
Some have said that EB is based solely on "merits", and that I am inventing my own intent (of diversity). No I am not, look it up. The per-country quota system is mentioned in the statues even before family or EB is discussed. Family based immigration have the per country quota too (why should an Indian Family suffer for X years, while families of other countries are able to unite sooner), but I dont see that we asked to remove the the quota completely. We only asked for removal in EB (but that is deviating from the topic).
I am not anti-immigrant, just because I argue against some provisions does not make me anti-immigrant (well the same charge will be leveled against us by CIR folks because we dont take/support their approach), and no I dont yet have my GC. I may be whatever, but I will not burn the bridge after crossing it (though I have been known to burn the bridge while I am still on it).
Yes, laws can (and shall) be changed, but can't we discuss the good and bad of what we are changing? I have seen many a legislation that have good intent at heart, but many times ends up without checks and balances (and eventually misused).
girlfriend Thefigure - plant and function plant cell structure Investigate thefigure
gunsnkars
11-02 12:15 PM
Couldn't agree more. The problem lies here in the US..Just pure politics...The cost of education is just too high for an american to get a degree whereas a foreign born is able to get it for cheap. Politicians know it and they want to keep it that way. America will just do fine with or without you.
hairstyles unique functions animal divides Animal+cell+parts+and+functions+for+kids
bach007
07-15 12:25 AM
Looks like we are safe until October! :D
chicago60607
09-17 11:24 AM
Started finallyyyyyyyyy ........... but no audio yet
trueguy
06-12 02:32 PM
EB3-I is the worst affected category and nobody even wants to talk about it.
I have been separated from my wife for 2 years and now I am going back and work in India.
I hope Media knows about this reverse brain drain that is reality and actually happening around here.
Thanks.
EB3-I
PD Oct2002
I have been separated from my wife for 2 years and now I am going back and work in India.
I hope Media knows about this reverse brain drain that is reality and actually happening around here.
Thanks.
EB3-I
PD Oct2002
No comments:
Post a Comment