
lacrossegc
12-02 01:07 AM
strategically , you dont want the other side to know this info ...
seriously ...
I agree ... if we come up with a serious pay as you go policy ... say even one cent per posting/reading from everyone... that way it will be fair ...
I do not intend to question IV and its members who are pretty diligent about things, are entirely trustworthy and neither have they given us any reason to think otherwise. IMHO the monthly thing does not work. Some people cannot afford monthly payments due to other commitments (some are less fortunate than others). They may opt for one time payments rather than monthly payments.
I think what we need is target oriented funding drives. For example:
What are the objectives for the lobbying effort this year and consequently how much money do we need for lobbying efforts? $100,000, $200,000 or $500,000
By putting collection targets up front we can direct our energies towards that target. I know that every cent counts and every dollar will be beneficial. But if we don't know and don't communicate what our target is we can never focus on the goal. A monetary target for a clear objective is something many people can relate to and a one time payment is more attractive than monthly payments.
Cheers
seriously ...
I agree ... if we come up with a serious pay as you go policy ... say even one cent per posting/reading from everyone... that way it will be fair ...
I do not intend to question IV and its members who are pretty diligent about things, are entirely trustworthy and neither have they given us any reason to think otherwise. IMHO the monthly thing does not work. Some people cannot afford monthly payments due to other commitments (some are less fortunate than others). They may opt for one time payments rather than monthly payments.
I think what we need is target oriented funding drives. For example:
What are the objectives for the lobbying effort this year and consequently how much money do we need for lobbying efforts? $100,000, $200,000 or $500,000
By putting collection targets up front we can direct our energies towards that target. I know that every cent counts and every dollar will be beneficial. But if we don't know and don't communicate what our target is we can never focus on the goal. A monetary target for a clear objective is something many people can relate to and a one time payment is more attractive than monthly payments.
Cheers
wallpaper Avril Lavigne died?
NKR
01-31 10:21 AM
^^^^
goodluck
06-13 06:13 PM
Called all the congressmen. I got voicemails but was able to keep a good voicemessage detailing our position.
2011 more sex (Avril Lavigne#39;s

moonrah
07-06 04:29 PM
When GCSOON-Ihope becomes GC-IgotIt!
Guys, guess what I am holding in my hand? Yes, that bit of plastic, object of our fantasies �.and nightmares. After filing Writ of Mandamus on November 1st, things went amazingly quickly and smoothly: on December 1st, the US attorney gave confirmation that the case has been approved and I received the card in the mail on 12/07.
What did I feel then? Really indescribable�Happy? It goes way beyond that.
I feel more relieved than anything else, like if I had a ton of lead off my shoulders�
May my story inspire, give hope and faith to all of you guys who are so depressed at the moment because of what happened, or did not happen should I say, in that shameful Congress.
As you will see, I had my head in a brick wall more than once. More than once, I was devastated and, still, I never gave up and made it through.
So, please, enjoy the holidays: as long as there is life, there is hope.
I know something about it:
Come here in 1993 as a student on F1 visa. Graduate and got Work Permit (OPT).
Find dream job in dream company. Hired directly by CEO himself.
Company loves me and applies right away for H1 and then Labor Cert.
Life is beautiful. The start of the American Dream. Not for long.
Attorney has been working for company for years. Always successfully.
Picks me for his first failure: screws up completely.
H1 denied. Labor Cert denied. Company gets mad: attorney is fired.
OPT runs out: company still loves me but�I am now out of status and�fired too.
Welcome to America. Life has turned dark. The start of my American Nightmare.
I am disgusted. Decide to go back to my home country (France).
I miss California. Find new company that loves me: apply for H1 again (this time, I am paying all fees, out of my meager savings).
H1 is approved, got stamp at embassy in Paris. I am back. Life is beautiful again.
Not for long. Exactly 2 hours (no kidding).
Find out that company is a sweat-shop and boss is a crook.
Pays me half (yes, half) what he was supposed to.
Go to INS to complain: �If you are not happy, go back to your home country�.
I swear that it is exactly what I am told.
Consult attorneys for a possible lawsuit: � Alas, your situation happens more often than you can imagine. Many unscrupulous employers use and abuse of would-be immigrants like you. Don�t waste your time and money in a lawsuit, just find yourself a new job�and be more careful this time�.
I am broke. Can�t even go back �home� and anyway I don�t want to.
Not with just my tail between my legs for the second time.
Home is here. I want my American Dream and I will get it, no matter what.
Decide to swallow my pride and endure the humiliation until I can find new employer willing to sponsor new H1 and pay all fees. I just can�t afford anything as I am hardly surviving.
Employer wants to fire me: �you are always complaining about the money�.
I have to threaten him (yes I did) to report his company to Dept. of Labor (most his employees are illegals and as abused as I am, not getting paid for overtime and so on�).
Imagine in what kind of atmosphere I am working�but I need this job to remain legal until I can find something else.
For sure, I will be out of there within a couple months at the most.
Don�t know yet that this nightmare will last�2 years. Still can�t believe it.
Had I known, I would have fled the first day, no matter what.
In my specialty, jobs are not easy to find.
Not to mention that this time, I have to be very �choosy��
Companies that I approach:
a) don�t want to hear about immigration or
b) don�t want to pay attorney fees or
c) don�t want to pay at least prevailing wage or
d) all of the above
All doors seem to be closed.
I have never felt that bad in my life: go see the doctor.
�You have all the symptoms of someone who is having�a nervous depression.
Do you want me to refer you to a good psy who could help you?�
No, thanks. I know why I am sick.
Finally find new company that loves me: apply for new H1 and they pay all fees.
H1 approved.
This time, I am holding my breath. We are now in December 2000. Seven years since I first came in the US. Time flies�and no GC in sight.
Job is nice, company is nice. Recovering from depression.
Boss loves me: decides to start for me RIR Labor in�.May 2001.
Yes, one month after that damn month of April 2001. You know what I mean.
Six months of advertising.
PD is January 2002.
Labor Cert approved �in July 2004. Concurrent filing I-140/I-485 in August 2004.
Get EAD. FP in September 2004.
Things change: company is now going down. Boss still loves me but�lays me off.
(Re)(Re) Start of my American Nightmare?
Attorney says: �Don�t worry (!!!) Employer loves you. Won�t revoke I-140. GC is for future job. Find new H1 job to maintain status and see what happens�.
This time, I am lucky (!) and find right away new H1 job. Company is OK, job is OK.
Later, previous company nicely recovers: got rehired!
Only thing: I will have to pay all fees from now on. Don�t care. Back on the right track.
Do Medical in April 2005.
I-140 approved in May 2005�but visas are now �Unavailable�. Nothing to worry about.
October is around the corner and new numbers will be available, right?
Just a few more months and I will have my GC. Wrong.
October bulletin comes out. EB3 World is back to March 2001 (PD is 01/2002).
I swear that I almost s..t in my pants. When is too much�just too much?
How much more frustration and anguish can I endure? More, much more.
By rage and stress, I pack up an extra 20 lbs in just a few months.
Most people lose weight when they are under extreme stress and/or depression, I do the opposite. I am now 40 lbs overweight.
Second EAD. FP again in October 2005. Life is paced by visa bulletins�
September 2006 bulletin comes out: EB3 World has now passed my PD.
I am holding my breath again. Rightly so, for the umpteenth time.
Third EAD.
Wait 2 weeks and start inquiring about the status of my application.
Call so-called �Customer service�: as usual they know jack s..t.
�Your application is still pending�. Thanks, I already knew that.
Make Infopass appointment at Los Angeles downtown office.
�Sir, I can�t tell you anything specific because your case is at the Laguna Niguel office.
Contact them at: CSC-XII@dhs.gov�
E-mail #1 on 09/18: (�) Status of my case? (�)
Response on 09/27: �the I-485 at question is still pending FBI name check clearance.
Once the file has been cleared by FBI, it will be adjudicated. The service has no control on how long it takes FBI to clear the case�.
E-mail #2 on 09/27: (�) When was that initiated? (�)
Response on 10/02: (�) On or about 08/19/2004. (�)
This time, I surprise myself: I am one more time devastated but remain strangely calm.
Even laugh about it. Nervously. Too much is just too much.
I had heard about that Name Check aberration before but had ignored it.
Like most people involved in that GC mess, I refused to worry in advance.
One bridge to cross at the time, please.
Weirdly enough, I am now almost relieved. Why? Because for the first time ever, I can be proactive and I CAN ACT!
I call my lawyer and tell her about those 2 e-mails: �That�s good enough to file Writ of Mandamus. That summarizes the whole situation, we don�t need anything else�.
WOM is filed on November 1st.
(I requested FOIPA and contacted Senators, President, Vice-President etc, etc�
only later just in case we would have needed more ammunitions).
After that, things go fast:
11/ 29: without any warning (!), LUD: �Your card has been ordered�.
12/01: confirmation from the Assistant US Attorney that my case has been approved.
12/04 LUD: �Your case has been approved�.
(So, they notify you that the card has been ordered�before notifying that the case has been approved�).
12/05: receive Approval Notice in the mail and my attorney indicates that she will then dismiss the Mandamus complaint.
12/07: receive the Magic Card in the mail (regular mail, even not certified, unbelievable�).
What a timing! Could I dream of a better Christmas Gift?
Who said Papa Noel/Santa or Banta Claus/Little Red Riding Hood did not exist?
:) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :)
WoW...Congrats!!! I am happy for you.
Guys, guess what I am holding in my hand? Yes, that bit of plastic, object of our fantasies �.and nightmares. After filing Writ of Mandamus on November 1st, things went amazingly quickly and smoothly: on December 1st, the US attorney gave confirmation that the case has been approved and I received the card in the mail on 12/07.
What did I feel then? Really indescribable�Happy? It goes way beyond that.
I feel more relieved than anything else, like if I had a ton of lead off my shoulders�
May my story inspire, give hope and faith to all of you guys who are so depressed at the moment because of what happened, or did not happen should I say, in that shameful Congress.
As you will see, I had my head in a brick wall more than once. More than once, I was devastated and, still, I never gave up and made it through.
So, please, enjoy the holidays: as long as there is life, there is hope.
I know something about it:
Come here in 1993 as a student on F1 visa. Graduate and got Work Permit (OPT).
Find dream job in dream company. Hired directly by CEO himself.
Company loves me and applies right away for H1 and then Labor Cert.
Life is beautiful. The start of the American Dream. Not for long.
Attorney has been working for company for years. Always successfully.
Picks me for his first failure: screws up completely.
H1 denied. Labor Cert denied. Company gets mad: attorney is fired.
OPT runs out: company still loves me but�I am now out of status and�fired too.
Welcome to America. Life has turned dark. The start of my American Nightmare.
I am disgusted. Decide to go back to my home country (France).
I miss California. Find new company that loves me: apply for H1 again (this time, I am paying all fees, out of my meager savings).
H1 is approved, got stamp at embassy in Paris. I am back. Life is beautiful again.
Not for long. Exactly 2 hours (no kidding).
Find out that company is a sweat-shop and boss is a crook.
Pays me half (yes, half) what he was supposed to.
Go to INS to complain: �If you are not happy, go back to your home country�.
I swear that it is exactly what I am told.
Consult attorneys for a possible lawsuit: � Alas, your situation happens more often than you can imagine. Many unscrupulous employers use and abuse of would-be immigrants like you. Don�t waste your time and money in a lawsuit, just find yourself a new job�and be more careful this time�.
I am broke. Can�t even go back �home� and anyway I don�t want to.
Not with just my tail between my legs for the second time.
Home is here. I want my American Dream and I will get it, no matter what.
Decide to swallow my pride and endure the humiliation until I can find new employer willing to sponsor new H1 and pay all fees. I just can�t afford anything as I am hardly surviving.
Employer wants to fire me: �you are always complaining about the money�.
I have to threaten him (yes I did) to report his company to Dept. of Labor (most his employees are illegals and as abused as I am, not getting paid for overtime and so on�).
Imagine in what kind of atmosphere I am working�but I need this job to remain legal until I can find something else.
For sure, I will be out of there within a couple months at the most.
Don�t know yet that this nightmare will last�2 years. Still can�t believe it.
Had I known, I would have fled the first day, no matter what.
In my specialty, jobs are not easy to find.
Not to mention that this time, I have to be very �choosy��
Companies that I approach:
a) don�t want to hear about immigration or
b) don�t want to pay attorney fees or
c) don�t want to pay at least prevailing wage or
d) all of the above
All doors seem to be closed.
I have never felt that bad in my life: go see the doctor.
�You have all the symptoms of someone who is having�a nervous depression.
Do you want me to refer you to a good psy who could help you?�
No, thanks. I know why I am sick.
Finally find new company that loves me: apply for new H1 and they pay all fees.
H1 approved.
This time, I am holding my breath. We are now in December 2000. Seven years since I first came in the US. Time flies�and no GC in sight.
Job is nice, company is nice. Recovering from depression.
Boss loves me: decides to start for me RIR Labor in�.May 2001.
Yes, one month after that damn month of April 2001. You know what I mean.
Six months of advertising.
PD is January 2002.
Labor Cert approved �in July 2004. Concurrent filing I-140/I-485 in August 2004.
Get EAD. FP in September 2004.
Things change: company is now going down. Boss still loves me but�lays me off.
(Re)(Re) Start of my American Nightmare?
Attorney says: �Don�t worry (!!!) Employer loves you. Won�t revoke I-140. GC is for future job. Find new H1 job to maintain status and see what happens�.
This time, I am lucky (!) and find right away new H1 job. Company is OK, job is OK.
Later, previous company nicely recovers: got rehired!
Only thing: I will have to pay all fees from now on. Don�t care. Back on the right track.
Do Medical in April 2005.
I-140 approved in May 2005�but visas are now �Unavailable�. Nothing to worry about.
October is around the corner and new numbers will be available, right?
Just a few more months and I will have my GC. Wrong.
October bulletin comes out. EB3 World is back to March 2001 (PD is 01/2002).
I swear that I almost s..t in my pants. When is too much�just too much?
How much more frustration and anguish can I endure? More, much more.
By rage and stress, I pack up an extra 20 lbs in just a few months.
Most people lose weight when they are under extreme stress and/or depression, I do the opposite. I am now 40 lbs overweight.
Second EAD. FP again in October 2005. Life is paced by visa bulletins�
September 2006 bulletin comes out: EB3 World has now passed my PD.
I am holding my breath again. Rightly so, for the umpteenth time.
Third EAD.
Wait 2 weeks and start inquiring about the status of my application.
Call so-called �Customer service�: as usual they know jack s..t.
�Your application is still pending�. Thanks, I already knew that.
Make Infopass appointment at Los Angeles downtown office.
�Sir, I can�t tell you anything specific because your case is at the Laguna Niguel office.
Contact them at: CSC-XII@dhs.gov�
E-mail #1 on 09/18: (�) Status of my case? (�)
Response on 09/27: �the I-485 at question is still pending FBI name check clearance.
Once the file has been cleared by FBI, it will be adjudicated. The service has no control on how long it takes FBI to clear the case�.
E-mail #2 on 09/27: (�) When was that initiated? (�)
Response on 10/02: (�) On or about 08/19/2004. (�)
This time, I surprise myself: I am one more time devastated but remain strangely calm.
Even laugh about it. Nervously. Too much is just too much.
I had heard about that Name Check aberration before but had ignored it.
Like most people involved in that GC mess, I refused to worry in advance.
One bridge to cross at the time, please.
Weirdly enough, I am now almost relieved. Why? Because for the first time ever, I can be proactive and I CAN ACT!
I call my lawyer and tell her about those 2 e-mails: �That�s good enough to file Writ of Mandamus. That summarizes the whole situation, we don�t need anything else�.
WOM is filed on November 1st.
(I requested FOIPA and contacted Senators, President, Vice-President etc, etc�
only later just in case we would have needed more ammunitions).
After that, things go fast:
11/ 29: without any warning (!), LUD: �Your card has been ordered�.
12/01: confirmation from the Assistant US Attorney that my case has been approved.
12/04 LUD: �Your case has been approved�.
(So, they notify you that the card has been ordered�before notifying that the case has been approved�).
12/05: receive Approval Notice in the mail and my attorney indicates that she will then dismiss the Mandamus complaint.
12/07: receive the Magic Card in the mail (regular mail, even not certified, unbelievable�).
What a timing! Could I dream of a better Christmas Gift?
Who said Papa Noel/Santa or Banta Claus/Little Red Riding Hood did not exist?
:) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :)
WoW...Congrats!!! I am happy for you.
more...
santb1975
01-30 09:04 PM
Let us bring our questions up. Have your spouses vote as well
badluck
07-12 10:32 AM
I remember long time ago somebody used to say that this Greencard is a SCAM....I am so frustrated..
more...
redddiv
07-11 11:05 AM
My Lawyer will change only $150 more for refiling...
www.gowda.com
My lawyer was not prompt enough to mail the applications by July 2 and after USCIS issue new update, they decided not to file as it will be rejected. In light of the lawsuits, below is the response I got from them?
"In light of the currently pending class action lawsuit against USCIS and numerous requests to file for Adjustment of Status despite the unavailable visa numbers, we have decided to do the following with regards to current filing of adjustments:
If you have an older priority date (EB-2 or EB-3) such as 2004 or earlier, it would most likely be a waste of your time and money to file your adjustment now. It could take over a year and a half (if not longer) for a decision to be reached in the lawsuit, and chances are that your priority date would come current before then, making you eligible to file your adjustment.
If you have an newer priority date (EB-2 or EB-3) such as 2005/6 or later, it may be beneficial to file the adjustment now and become part of the class action lawsuit, but this is just speculation. In any case, the initial filing would be outwardly denied and no immediate benefit would come of it. Even if the lawsuit had a favorable outcome, you will have to refile the adjustment at the time of the court's decision, which would incur more legal fees. Again, it could take over a year and a half (if not longer) for a decision to be reached in the lawsuit, and your priority date could come current before then, making you eligible to file your adjustment and making the lawsuit a big waste of time and money.
Ultimately it is your decision as to what you want to do. We are willing to file your case now if you so wish. Please note that our office will be charging full legal fees for each time the adjustment is filed. The full legal fee will be due upon the initial filing of the case, and again on any subsequent filings of the same case, whenever that may be, as all paperwork will have to be redone.
Please keep in mind that once we file your case, we can guarantee that it will be rejected immediately. You will receive no immediate benefit from filing this case. You will not be issued travel documents, and you will not be issued an EAD card."
So friends, what are you folks doing? Any thoughts or comments?
Regards.
www.gowda.com
My lawyer was not prompt enough to mail the applications by July 2 and after USCIS issue new update, they decided not to file as it will be rejected. In light of the lawsuits, below is the response I got from them?
"In light of the currently pending class action lawsuit against USCIS and numerous requests to file for Adjustment of Status despite the unavailable visa numbers, we have decided to do the following with regards to current filing of adjustments:
If you have an older priority date (EB-2 or EB-3) such as 2004 or earlier, it would most likely be a waste of your time and money to file your adjustment now. It could take over a year and a half (if not longer) for a decision to be reached in the lawsuit, and chances are that your priority date would come current before then, making you eligible to file your adjustment.
If you have an newer priority date (EB-2 or EB-3) such as 2005/6 or later, it may be beneficial to file the adjustment now and become part of the class action lawsuit, but this is just speculation. In any case, the initial filing would be outwardly denied and no immediate benefit would come of it. Even if the lawsuit had a favorable outcome, you will have to refile the adjustment at the time of the court's decision, which would incur more legal fees. Again, it could take over a year and a half (if not longer) for a decision to be reached in the lawsuit, and your priority date could come current before then, making you eligible to file your adjustment and making the lawsuit a big waste of time and money.
Ultimately it is your decision as to what you want to do. We are willing to file your case now if you so wish. Please note that our office will be charging full legal fees for each time the adjustment is filed. The full legal fee will be due upon the initial filing of the case, and again on any subsequent filings of the same case, whenever that may be, as all paperwork will have to be redone.
Please keep in mind that once we file your case, we can guarantee that it will be rejected immediately. You will receive no immediate benefit from filing this case. You will not be issued travel documents, and you will not be issued an EAD card."
So friends, what are you folks doing? Any thoughts or comments?
Regards.
2010 avril lavigne died.
bugsbunny
04-20 06:33 PM
a special "Debate thread" (not fight :) ) where anything goes is probably not a bad idea at this point. where certain members who want to debate can be granted access
The constant hijacking of every thread is getting tiresome. :(
The constant hijacking of every thread is getting tiresome. :(
more...
sdrblr
09-15 09:40 AM
I believe it was last year(not sure exactly) when USCIS started this new initiative where the AILA members can send an email and "Remind" them that a particular case is current. Basically you will send an email with the subject
EB I-485/SEPT or EB I-485/OCT or EB I-485/DEC (Month of the VB when you will be current)
and the body will have just the A #s
A123456789, A987654321
Note if you have multiple A#s (self, spouse etc) seperate it by comma.
send it to
streamline.tsc@dhs.gov OR streamline.nsc@dhs.gov
You will get an automated reply with in minutes
I not sure whether this works...but hey who cares all that you are doing is sending an email.
EB I-485/SEPT or EB I-485/OCT or EB I-485/DEC (Month of the VB when you will be current)
and the body will have just the A #s
A123456789, A987654321
Note if you have multiple A#s (self, spouse etc) seperate it by comma.
send it to
streamline.tsc@dhs.gov OR streamline.nsc@dhs.gov
You will get an automated reply with in minutes
I not sure whether this works...but hey who cares all that you are doing is sending an email.
hair avril lavigne died. avril

rs76
09-17 01:53 PM
Why not? I know Bill clinton was hooked up to some Indian restaurants in DC/NVA.
Clinton favorite is Bombay Club near whitehouse
Clinton favorite is Bombay Club near whitehouse
more...
pappu
11-13 02:13 PM
WaldenPond,
Thanks for all the efforts you have made for us. Just contributed 200$ , please ask others to contribute too. Together we all need to give that one last giant push......
Friends ,
I appeal to all of you, this is the best time to start enegizign ourself and contribute for the cause.... I have done my second contrbution ...let's do it..
Thank you Anurakt. We confirm the reciept of your payment. Thank you very much. We had started the funding drive a couple of months ago and there was not much activity after oct 17 and hardly enough contributions to report. However we need to aggressively start this effort so that we can reach our target of 60K by December this year. we will be better equippped to put in all resources at work in the coming months.
Pls visit this link and to contribute
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44
we will update the amount on the page soon when we see the amount is past the .65 decimal mark and is a whole number.
Thanks for all the efforts you have made for us. Just contributed 200$ , please ask others to contribute too. Together we all need to give that one last giant push......
Friends ,
I appeal to all of you, this is the best time to start enegizign ourself and contribute for the cause.... I have done my second contrbution ...let's do it..
Thank you Anurakt. We confirm the reciept of your payment. Thank you very much. We had started the funding drive a couple of months ago and there was not much activity after oct 17 and hardly enough contributions to report. However we need to aggressively start this effort so that we can reach our target of 60K by December this year. we will be better equippped to put in all resources at work in the coming months.
Pls visit this link and to contribute
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44
we will update the amount on the page soon when we see the amount is past the .65 decimal mark and is a whole number.
hot Avril lavigne bikini 01
pani_6
06-17 03:58 PM
Its cheap
more...
house avril lavigne dead, avril lavigne, avril lavigne meninggal, avril, avril
northstar
07-30 09:02 PM
This is not related in any way to Immigration.
Not related, correct! - That's why he posted under 'Interesting topics' where many other non-immi topics are discussed. Those who are not interested will choose not to visit the thread by looking at the subject line.
Not related, correct! - That's why he posted under 'Interesting topics' where many other non-immi topics are discussed. Those who are not interested will choose not to visit the thread by looking at the subject line.
tattoo Avril Lavigne Died Photo
laborinbacklog
05-24 09:45 PM
Do you guys really think this bill will become a law that too in its current state and the added amendments? I seriously doubt it. If it is then dont you think the corporate business lobby that has fought really hard to increase the h1 b's to 115000 would have just sat mum while the H1 B fees were increased? I think this bill is just getting too absurd to become into law. I dont know but it would be interesting to hear what the businesses have to say with the increase in h1b fees.
May be I am totally wrong but just thought of posting this because I have been reading so many depressing posts from everyone. Have hope and faith. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. At this point we need to strategise, which I am sure IV is doing it excellently. We may need to make a few compromises but try to make friends with others who are lobbying.
Please dont bombard me. Its just my thought. Please ignore this post if it offends you.
Guys,
Can we lobby to add an ammendum to pay huge penalities($50K) when all the current GC holders apply for Citizenships.
-Mad
May be I am totally wrong but just thought of posting this because I have been reading so many depressing posts from everyone. Have hope and faith. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. At this point we need to strategise, which I am sure IV is doing it excellently. We may need to make a few compromises but try to make friends with others who are lobbying.
Please dont bombard me. Its just my thought. Please ignore this post if it offends you.
Guys,
Can we lobby to add an ammendum to pay huge penalities($50K) when all the current GC holders apply for Citizenships.
-Mad
more...
pictures Avril Lavigne - Diamond
chanduv23
05-24 02:51 PM
So is this amend rejected???
dresses Pop singer Avril Lavigne is
vinoddas
07-11 07:28 PM
I just got to this forum through some means and saw this thread. I work at Oracle and so I have sent it to the Oracle mailing lists for their support
more...
makeup 2010 Avril Lavigne#39;s Rock
ashkam
06-11 08:58 AM
Whatever you do, don't flee the country. You might never be able to reenter again. And I don't know what kind of extradition treaty the US has with India so I don't know if fleeing will even help. I would say defend yourself and cross other bridges as they arrive.
girlfriend avril lavigne pink highlights
pmb76
07-15 01:20 PM
:( Can the figure $40000 be changed to something appropriate, like " at least the prevailing wage specified by DOL for the job occupation"?
Signed, in fact do we have any lawyers member here, let's sue them as well for spreading the false statements and hurting sentiments of millions.:(
Thank you for your suggestion gdhiren. You are right - prevailing wage sounds good. However since the petition is already signed I can't change it. However nothing in the petition is factually incorrect. It is just one of those things not clearly stated.
Signed, in fact do we have any lawyers member here, let's sue them as well for spreading the false statements and hurting sentiments of millions.:(
Thank you for your suggestion gdhiren. You are right - prevailing wage sounds good. However since the petition is already signed I can't change it. However nothing in the petition is factually incorrect. It is just one of those things not clearly stated.
hairstyles Avril Lavigne pink death
gjoe
01-30 05:22 PM
I think the link provided here take to the page where questions are not sorted by either popularity or most recent ( which I assumed initially). I might be wrong.
If anyone has a direct link to the question, please PM me and I will modify the first post to replace the link.
Thanks
If anyone has a direct link to the question, please PM me and I will modify the first post to replace the link.
Thanks
BharatPremi
12-13 10:06 PM
Information we want to publicize, and information that we should keep restricted to members.
jazz
That is already happening in state chapters. In my opinion IV still has a need to remain "grass root" organization. And as long as that is needed, "Recurring Contribution" would be more attractive tool. Once we set "Paid membership" concept it will instituionalize and in my opinion at this early stage it is not
advisable.
jazz
That is already happening in state chapters. In my opinion IV still has a need to remain "grass root" organization. And as long as that is needed, "Recurring Contribution" would be more attractive tool. Once we set "Paid membership" concept it will instituionalize and in my opinion at this early stage it is not
advisable.
sledge_hammer
01-31 10:54 AM
From what I understand, once the law comes in to affect, labor substitution will no longer be allowed so desi companies can't sell labors anymore. But the 2nd part of the puzzle was that approved labor will only be valid for X number of days (like 45 days as originally proposed) and I am not sure if this impacts the existing labors or not. 45 days expiration may only apply to new labors but no details has emerged yet so we'll have wait and see when the details come out. If it also applies to existing labors then we are home free because after the expiry date, all labors will automatically be canceled. Well, let's wait the for the fine details to come out first.
As for you, it appears that as long as your substitution is approved before the law comes in to effect, there won't be any problem. If not approved by that date then it's kind of fuzzy as to what will happen. If you haven't filed already, just file premium and I am sure you'll have your 140 approved before the law takes effect.
Thanks for the reply.
I am not using substitution labor. I do not condone any one who does it for monetary reasons.
So the rule hasn't taken affect yet huh! I will definitely send my application out in premium processing this week. Just worried that I have passed the 45-day time period :( . Does my I-140 have to be approved before this rule is implemented, or just that my application needs to be filed ?
As for you, it appears that as long as your substitution is approved before the law comes in to effect, there won't be any problem. If not approved by that date then it's kind of fuzzy as to what will happen. If you haven't filed already, just file premium and I am sure you'll have your 140 approved before the law takes effect.
Thanks for the reply.
I am not using substitution labor. I do not condone any one who does it for monetary reasons.
So the rule hasn't taken affect yet huh! I will definitely send my application out in premium processing this week. Just worried that I have passed the 45-day time period :( . Does my I-140 have to be approved before this rule is implemented, or just that my application needs to be filed ?
No comments:
Post a Comment