mirage
08-12 03:01 PM
Guys we will not need to take the poll if all of us send these letters..
To, 08/05/2008
Charles Oppenheim / Visa Section
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
From,
Your Name/Your Address/EB-3 India Applicant
Priority Date: May 2003
Some City,
OK-2#####
Dear Sir/Madam,
Sub: Statistics on Employment Based AOS(Adjustment of Status) applications pending at USCIS under various categories
I am writing to you to express my sense of helplessness over the unpredictability of Visa Number allotment to various employment based category. I want to bring to your attention that it�s been nearly a �Decade� since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.
It is important to know that despite of severe visa retrogression and random visa cutoff date movements, USICIS or DOS hasn�t released any official information on how many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS under various categories which leaves thousands of AOS(Adjustment of Status) applicants in complete darkness and dependent on guessing games by various Law firms.
A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on. Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.
We need to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. We need to know for how long we have to live our life in limbo. If there is hope than we need to be patient and plan to live like that for another 1-2 years. But if there�s no light at the end of the tunnel than we need to move on with our careers and other family commitments. Only your office and USCIS can help us by releasing statistics on the number and categories of applications pending with USCIS people waiting in this category can plan their lives accordingly.
It will be a great help if DOS or USCIS could tell us about the number of AOS application pending at USCIS along with their Categories(EB-3, EB-2, EB-1) and chargeable country.
We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment. I request your office to provide some statistics on home many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS.
We understand that you work with in the limits of the law as set by the Congress and are limited by various constraints that are beyond your agency realm of work. We appreciate your hard work and sincerely thank you for all the hard work.
God Bless America!
Thank you for you attention,
(Your Name OR EB-3 India Applicant )
Priority Date: April 02
Category: EB-3
Member ImmigrationVoice.Org
Copy Sent to
Honorable Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
Honorable Director, USCIS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856
Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072
To, 08/05/2008
Charles Oppenheim / Visa Section
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
From,
Your Name/Your Address/EB-3 India Applicant
Priority Date: May 2003
Some City,
OK-2#####
Dear Sir/Madam,
Sub: Statistics on Employment Based AOS(Adjustment of Status) applications pending at USCIS under various categories
I am writing to you to express my sense of helplessness over the unpredictability of Visa Number allotment to various employment based category. I want to bring to your attention that it�s been nearly a �Decade� since we saw any meaningful Visa Date movement from year 2001 for EB-3 Green Card applicants from India.
It is important to know that despite of severe visa retrogression and random visa cutoff date movements, USICIS or DOS hasn�t released any official information on how many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS under various categories which leaves thousands of AOS(Adjustment of Status) applicants in complete darkness and dependent on guessing games by various Law firms.
A green card application requires enormous amount of efforts and money from the beneficiary and his/her employer. People who are waiting for 7-8 years now would have had already spent average $15,000-$20,000, in maintaining their statuses and keep the Green Card process going on. Being stuck in a green card process keeps us bonded with 1 employer, job type etc.
We need to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel. We need to know for how long we have to live our life in limbo. If there is hope than we need to be patient and plan to live like that for another 1-2 years. But if there�s no light at the end of the tunnel than we need to move on with our careers and other family commitments. Only your office and USCIS can help us by releasing statistics on the number and categories of applications pending with USCIS people waiting in this category can plan their lives accordingly.
It will be a great help if DOS or USCIS could tell us about the number of AOS application pending at USCIS along with their Categories(EB-3, EB-2, EB-1) and chargeable country.
We have been waiting for a decade and continue to wait would it be reasonable to request you for some guidance with regards to the Visa allotment. I request your office to provide some statistics on home many Adjustment of Status applications are pending at USCIS.
We understand that you work with in the limits of the law as set by the Congress and are limited by various constraints that are beyond your agency realm of work. We appreciate your hard work and sincerely thank you for all the hard work.
God Bless America!
Thank you for you attention,
(Your Name OR EB-3 India Applicant )
Priority Date: April 02
Category: EB-3
Member ImmigrationVoice.Org
Copy Sent to
Honorable Secretary of State
Dr. Condoleezza Rice
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
Honorable Director, USCIS
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20529
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Senator John Cornyn
Chairman - United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on
Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship
517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
Main: 202-224-2934
Fax: 202-228-2856
Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Chairwoman - United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship,
Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
102 Cannon HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3072
wallpaper M5 - The Unofficial BMW M5
toprasad
03-19 01:14 PM
I had posted the same thing for your question on immigration portal too.
My personal experience, united nations in immigration portal is your best choice.
He deals with such cases on a regular basis and has helped me too.
If you want to talk about my experience, please send me a private email.
My personal experience, united nations in immigration portal is your best choice.
He deals with such cases on a regular basis and has helped me too.
If you want to talk about my experience, please send me a private email.
Smuragalla
07-20 07:13 PM
Hey SmartBoy,
Could you please update the status of your h1b reopen case, I am in the same stage, but I am staying with current employer no new h1b transfer.
would really appreciate if you can update me, the Final status.
Thank You.
Could you please update the status of your h1b reopen case, I am in the same stage, but I am staying with current employer no new h1b transfer.
would really appreciate if you can update me, the Final status.
Thank You.
2011 BMW M5 based sedan.
mirage
08-12 07:00 PM
No, Haven't got any response yet. But if we are able to send atleast a 100 letter with same concern, I'm sure atleast Rep. Zoe Logfren will raise the issue with USCIS...
mirage,
Good initiative, I will send a mail too. Did you get any kind of response back?
Good luck!
mirage,
Good initiative, I will send a mail too. Did you get any kind of response back?
Good luck!
more...
gc_aspirant_prasad
07-10 12:14 PM
IMHO : To be plantiff, we should have made reasonable bonafide efforts to file.
ash0210
03-09 11:48 AM
Looking at discussion going on here, its sure that IV have financial problems & only 5% (of total 8000 members) are contributing for the cause. Now, if we restrict IV website for "paid" visits, dont you think that IV membership is reduced by 95% to only 400 paying members?
Instead of making "Paid" web site, I think Moderators needs to delete derogatory posts & block such userids.
Instead of making "Paid" web site, I think Moderators needs to delete derogatory posts & block such userids.
more...
nitinba
07-18 06:52 PM
Hello,
With hard 7% limit per country; our numbers within EB category are at 10,000 (it's not a huge number even if we apply 7% on EB+FB).
There are at least 250,000 people waiting on GC from India alone, at this rate it will take 25 years.
Am I wrong, I really hope I'm terribly wrong.
will the country limits still apply when for example 1st Jul & 2nd july visa availability was current. I guess USCIS ended up approving all the cases irrespective of country of origin in those cases, how else u can justify 60K visas used up?
With hard 7% limit per country; our numbers within EB category are at 10,000 (it's not a huge number even if we apply 7% on EB+FB).
There are at least 250,000 people waiting on GC from India alone, at this rate it will take 25 years.
Am I wrong, I really hope I'm terribly wrong.
will the country limits still apply when for example 1st Jul & 2nd july visa availability was current. I guess USCIS ended up approving all the cases irrespective of country of origin in those cases, how else u can justify 60K visas used up?
2010 BMW M5 2012 side view for Sony
poorslumdog
03-29 02:19 PM
Came to USA on H1B, paid for the H1B fees(at that time didn't know it was illegal to do so)
however after coming here , Paid for my own ticket and landed here on start of january 2011.
Confirmed my arrival to the employer too. Since my leaving the home country there has not been any mail correspondence from the employer , though i have been writing many. Talked to him over the phone and he said he wasn't responsible for my arrival as he doesn't have any project for me. Waited to get another job as a H1B TXFR but stuck with trnsfrs issues due to non availablity of paystubs from him.
I never reported to work as he said dont come to office, dont have any paystubs, but have all my H1B papers , I97 and Employment offer from that consultant. I have decided to leave back to my home country but not before reporting this blood sucker to DOL.
I need to clarify a few things before i nail these blood suckers
1. How long before i board my flight back home , should i send the documents to DOL
2. I have the originals of H1B filing and LCA and I94, are they rquired in originals
or copy to send to DOL
3. What other documents should i send alongwith
4. Do you think my case will get weaker if iam not here ? As i am flying back to my home country.
5. I dont want these suckers to go scott free, so how to build my case here , can i ask the DOL to recover my wages for 4 months i wasnt getting paid.
I do not care if i get any wages or not from them , but i really wanna see the locks on the gates of this company. They shouldn't take H1B and its applicant for scapegoats.
Any advices are welcome to help me bring these guys to justice.
Did you get the invitation letter addressed to the IO at POE by your employer. Why did he invite you here in the first place when there is no project.
however after coming here , Paid for my own ticket and landed here on start of january 2011.
Confirmed my arrival to the employer too. Since my leaving the home country there has not been any mail correspondence from the employer , though i have been writing many. Talked to him over the phone and he said he wasn't responsible for my arrival as he doesn't have any project for me. Waited to get another job as a H1B TXFR but stuck with trnsfrs issues due to non availablity of paystubs from him.
I never reported to work as he said dont come to office, dont have any paystubs, but have all my H1B papers , I97 and Employment offer from that consultant. I have decided to leave back to my home country but not before reporting this blood sucker to DOL.
I need to clarify a few things before i nail these blood suckers
1. How long before i board my flight back home , should i send the documents to DOL
2. I have the originals of H1B filing and LCA and I94, are they rquired in originals
or copy to send to DOL
3. What other documents should i send alongwith
4. Do you think my case will get weaker if iam not here ? As i am flying back to my home country.
5. I dont want these suckers to go scott free, so how to build my case here , can i ask the DOL to recover my wages for 4 months i wasnt getting paid.
I do not care if i get any wages or not from them , but i really wanna see the locks on the gates of this company. They shouldn't take H1B and its applicant for scapegoats.
Any advices are welcome to help me bring these guys to justice.
Did you get the invitation letter addressed to the IO at POE by your employer. Why did he invite you here in the first place when there is no project.
more...
apple
06-12 02:24 AM
Hi,
Today I met an attorney(not the one from Insurance..that is WIP still).
He feels that the main target is Rental agency(with deep pockets) and not the others who were included as defendants.
His argument is,
-- I am on H1
-- Not much of bank balance
-- No assets
-- Have a very old 98 model car(not even lexus , BMW etc..)
-- With a spouse and 2 kids to be taken care of
So I am poor chap and there is nothing they can extract much out of my pockets other than the 50K which my insurance will pay. He feels it is pretty straight forward case.The only twist to the story is, he is thinking that some of the defendants(rental agencies and others) may file lawsuits against me [I donno what they can extract out of me] as police report/Insurance agency concluded it as my fault (80% - 20%) after the accident..
In case If I wanted to have my attorney, I need to cough up $275/hr and 5K check upfront and he feels his fee may add upto 10K by the end of all this. So not sure whether just go with insurance agent's attorney for the time being and just wait how it goes, even if the case goes against me as I don't have much bank balance etc I am not sure what they can get out of me..
Any thoughts??
Today I met an attorney(not the one from Insurance..that is WIP still).
He feels that the main target is Rental agency(with deep pockets) and not the others who were included as defendants.
His argument is,
-- I am on H1
-- Not much of bank balance
-- No assets
-- Have a very old 98 model car(not even lexus , BMW etc..)
-- With a spouse and 2 kids to be taken care of
So I am poor chap and there is nothing they can extract much out of my pockets other than the 50K which my insurance will pay. He feels it is pretty straight forward case.The only twist to the story is, he is thinking that some of the defendants(rental agencies and others) may file lawsuits against me [I donno what they can extract out of me] as police report/Insurance agency concluded it as my fault (80% - 20%) after the accident..
In case If I wanted to have my attorney, I need to cough up $275/hr and 5K check upfront and he feels his fee may add upto 10K by the end of all this. So not sure whether just go with insurance agent's attorney for the time being and just wait how it goes, even if the case goes against me as I don't have much bank balance etc I am not sure what they can get out of me..
Any thoughts??
hair Contrasting lack rims seem to
Bradman
10-19 02:58 PM
Write to Mr. Bush (no kidding). They will send an inquiry to FBI and you will get something from FBI NNCP (name check division). If that does not help, file a lawsuit against USCIS/FBI. Or you can file a lawsuit first and then write a letter to save some time. The lawsuit will get things moving. The do-it-yourself guide is located here:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check
I just wrote to the President & White House today. Let me see what they have to offer on this...
Appreciate your advise !!!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check
I just wrote to the President & White House today. Let me see what they have to offer on this...
Appreciate your advise !!!
more...
sdrblr
09-15 10:17 AM
I sent it.
OR the lawyer has to send this email...very trivial question but I did not get that from your post. Thanks for sending this along...I dont know if many of us knew. Thanks again.
OR the lawyer has to send this email...very trivial question but I did not get that from your post. Thanks for sending this along...I dont know if many of us knew. Thanks again.
hot Black BMW M6 - quot;photoshootquot;
willwin
08-13 12:08 PM
At this rate, EB2 I will become current next June for sure and EB3 ROW/I will move. But again, this movement may be for just 3 months ...
more...
house BMW M5 2012 side view for
franklin
07-13 04:03 AM
The bad news is.... I can only find the Mandarin link! It was broadcast in English too
This was set up by another Bay Area organization that primarily has Chinese members. They invited us to speak as well, which was incredibly nice of them.
http://www.ktsf.com/share/news/today_m1.html :D
This was set up by another Bay Area organization that primarily has Chinese members. They invited us to speak as well, which was incredibly nice of them.
http://www.ktsf.com/share/news/today_m1.html :D
tattoo of the BMW M5 Concept that
mmanurker
08-11 11:52 AM
Done...
EB3-I - PD: Dec'2003
EB3-I - PD: Dec'2003
more...
pictures Brutal BMW M5 with lack rims
gccovet
06-13 10:21 AM
I believe that there is a great flaw in the way the USCIS allocates VISA NUMBERS among EB1, EB2 and EB3 which is very much evident and if we can stand united we can get something done.
After carefully observing the trend in VISA approval and VISA bulletins, It is a reality that EB3-I is not moving and at the same time EB2 and EB1 are moving fast in relative terms and probably may even become current ( EB1 is already current ), But one thing USCIS is clearly not considering is the Priority Date, which basically means that they are not giving a damn thing about how long the person from EB3-I is waiting for. Here is my suggestion and some of the IV representatives need to analyse what Iam gonna say and see if they can stand up. Being an EB3-I india myself, i totally agree that EB1 and EB2 should be given a weightage and some preference over EB3, but I dont agree to what USCIS is currently following, EB2 With priority 2006 getting ahead of EB3-I with priority date 2001. This is ridiculous and to even think about it, it just sounds stupid. What they can do is , They can move the Dates in both Categories while giving preference to EB1 and EB2 first.
Please dont jump up & down before i complete. Iam just giving you an example of how things should work and how they can move dates forward for all 3 categories while maintaining that EB1 and EB2 gets preference over EB3. Let us ignore Eb1, since it is already current. Now Coming to Eb2, the priority Date is 2004 for them.Ideally speaking, They should not move them ahead until atleast EB3 reaches 2004. But once Both EB2 and EB3 reaches the priority date of 2004, Obviously EB2 gets the preference over Eb3 and EB2 will start to move ahead but not by much, let us say 1 year. Now, Clearly, EB2 is still given the extra preference over EB3 but at the same time, we are maintaining the priority dates between EB2 and EB3 as close as possible so that the system is not totally unfair to EB3 filers. I think, as one of the un-biased Organisation we should stand up against this unfair treatment in general. I hope even EB-2 will understand what iam trying to say.
let me know if iam making any sense. If am wrong, also let me know. So that i can get a better understanding of things and correct myself.
I can understand your feelings.
As of now, the only solution is to support IV to push for getting wasted numbers back and removing per country quota.
-GCCovet
After carefully observing the trend in VISA approval and VISA bulletins, It is a reality that EB3-I is not moving and at the same time EB2 and EB1 are moving fast in relative terms and probably may even become current ( EB1 is already current ), But one thing USCIS is clearly not considering is the Priority Date, which basically means that they are not giving a damn thing about how long the person from EB3-I is waiting for. Here is my suggestion and some of the IV representatives need to analyse what Iam gonna say and see if they can stand up. Being an EB3-I india myself, i totally agree that EB1 and EB2 should be given a weightage and some preference over EB3, but I dont agree to what USCIS is currently following, EB2 With priority 2006 getting ahead of EB3-I with priority date 2001. This is ridiculous and to even think about it, it just sounds stupid. What they can do is , They can move the Dates in both Categories while giving preference to EB1 and EB2 first.
Please dont jump up & down before i complete. Iam just giving you an example of how things should work and how they can move dates forward for all 3 categories while maintaining that EB1 and EB2 gets preference over EB3. Let us ignore Eb1, since it is already current. Now Coming to Eb2, the priority Date is 2004 for them.Ideally speaking, They should not move them ahead until atleast EB3 reaches 2004. But once Both EB2 and EB3 reaches the priority date of 2004, Obviously EB2 gets the preference over Eb3 and EB2 will start to move ahead but not by much, let us say 1 year. Now, Clearly, EB2 is still given the extra preference over EB3 but at the same time, we are maintaining the priority dates between EB2 and EB3 as close as possible so that the system is not totally unfair to EB3 filers. I think, as one of the un-biased Organisation we should stand up against this unfair treatment in general. I hope even EB-2 will understand what iam trying to say.
let me know if iam making any sense. If am wrong, also let me know. So that i can get a better understanding of things and correct myself.
I can understand your feelings.
As of now, the only solution is to support IV to push for getting wasted numbers back and removing per country quota.
-GCCovet
dresses BMW M5 2012 side view for LG
Nil
06-12 04:52 PM
There are several of us who have advanced degrees and yet have been put under EB3. Now, a lot of them can move on to a more responsible role but held captive by the immigration situation.
Just a thought - if the STEM degree holders can be exempt, then it will take some weight off the entire system.
Just a thought - if the STEM degree holders can be exempt, then it will take some weight off the entire system.
more...
makeup mw m5 carbon fiber
ashishgour
09-17 11:28 AM
I can hear audio clearly
They are accusing someone of wrong doings - like taking money etc..
They are accusing someone of wrong doings - like taking money etc..
girlfriend 2012 BMW M5 is the next
yabadaba
07-18 03:27 PM
i sorted based on application mailed date , all are pending !!
the mailed date was recently added as a column.. till now ppl were using receipt date column as application reached.. wait till fp dates and notice dates get populated...the earliest i have seen is for ppl current in june who have a receipt date of 06/29
the mailed date was recently added as a column.. till now ppl were using receipt date column as application reached.. wait till fp dates and notice dates get populated...the earliest i have seen is for ppl current in june who have a receipt date of 06/29
hairstyles Contrasting lack rims seem to
Caliber
04-26 09:22 AM
Not a bit. If you want I can give you a plenty... L1 is for intercompany transfer. But So far I have seen companies put people only at the client place and their salary is starting at 32K and they are put up at extended staty, asked to share the cab or car. So let me know if you want and I can directly let you talk to those guys.
Yes, you can work for $8 but there is something called law. I have personelly checked their labor which states 55K. But they are paid only 32K.
So our common goal is to fix the broken system, remove the employer's undue advantage over the employee. No matter if they are MNC or desi consulting companies. Why the employee is tied to the employer when there is the need/demand for the skill set. Thats the only thing which is driving down the wages.
I fully agree with this. L1's being placed at Client's place is ILLEGAL. I have several proof's of this. TCS, Infy, CTS and LT do FAVOR their employees with a gift of filing in EB1 because these guys WOULD not complain to any one what they are paid and their benefits.
Any one want proof's?
Yes, you can work for $8 but there is something called law. I have personelly checked their labor which states 55K. But they are paid only 32K.
So our common goal is to fix the broken system, remove the employer's undue advantage over the employee. No matter if they are MNC or desi consulting companies. Why the employee is tied to the employer when there is the need/demand for the skill set. Thats the only thing which is driving down the wages.
I fully agree with this. L1's being placed at Client's place is ILLEGAL. I have several proof's of this. TCS, Infy, CTS and LT do FAVOR their employees with a gift of filing in EB1 because these guys WOULD not complain to any one what they are paid and their benefits.
Any one want proof's?
swamy
11-28 01:47 PM
http://radiotime.com/station/s_23765/News_Radio_950.aspx
eb3_nepa
04-18 09:22 AM
Considering that there are more than 2000 members who havent contributed yet. Even $10 per member wud mean $20K straight away. Common guys, this is tax refund season. Surely we can all send in atleast between $10 and $20. That is cheap change considering most of our life styles. Internet access costs more than that, Filling your car with a tank of regular gas costs more than that. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment