rangaswamy
07-11 02:17 AM
Im also trying to send it to google,yahoo and juniper... members please step in.
Is anyone in charge of media coverage?
Is anyone in charge of media coverage?
wallpaper GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD 2008
amulchandra
04-01 09:10 PM
Hi when485,
Our PDs are close.Mine is jul-06 eb3/I. My family's all 485s had a soft LUD on 03/31/2009 and today 04/01/2009. I am thinking it could be because of 2nd finger print notices for our family.
Our PDs are close.Mine is jul-06 eb3/I. My family's all 485s had a soft LUD on 03/31/2009 and today 04/01/2009. I am thinking it could be because of 2nd finger print notices for our family.
shyamiv
08-25 01:21 PM
ICICI Bank has started a 'Express Pay' service in which your monety gets transferred in 1-2 day but they charge 5 $ for that.
I think you might have selected that option while transferring. Thats the first option ...
My experience is even their 'Express Pay' service is a rip off unless you have experienced otherwise first hand !
I think you might have selected that option while transferring. Thats the first option ...
My experience is even their 'Express Pay' service is a rip off unless you have experienced otherwise first hand !
2011 Gibson Epiphone Les Paul
GC_sufferer
07-10 11:30 AM
Someone asked about source on his website, and his response is:
"I really can't go in to details, but the information is reliable."
"I really can't go in to details, but the information is reliable."
more...
arundhati_datta
08-19 01:07 PM
Poll Done
EB3 India : PD Mar 2006;I-140 approved -Sep 06
I-485-approval Pending since Aug 14th 07
EB3 India : PD Mar 2006;I-140 approved -Sep 06
I-485-approval Pending since Aug 14th 07
floridasun
01-27 10:30 AM
First of all note that the original post was alomst year and a half old so dont go by the ideas there now :D
In commodity markets you trade futures and spot. Spot means immidate delivery of the under lying commodity. In futures you pay today for delivery at a future date. So typically the price of the future will be the price of spot + the storage charge (simple calculation to give you an idea considering no premiums). As the day of delivery approaches the price will pull to spot price. For example if west texas intermediate (WTI) crude is $92 spot price the 3 month future will be $100. (92+8 for storage). Considering that the spot price does not change at all, in three months time the price of the oil you will now be purchasing will be $92, but you paid $100 for it. This is backwardation. This is usually how markets are most of the time.
Now if in 3 months the price of WTI is trading at $110, you will own oil you paid $100 for and now can turn around and sell for $110. This is contango.
When you buy a commodity ETF, they dont take actual delivery of the product, they roll their contarcts. So they will hold a 3 month contarct and when the third month approaches they sell the contarct and get another 3 month contaract. If market is in backwardation then they will always be buying high and selling low. If market is in contango they will make money but as soon as it switches back to backwardation they will ride down the slide and loose all the money they made. So I dont think ETF's are agood way of making money in commodities passively. You can actively manage the ETF portfolio and make money using options and hedges and leveraged ETF's. But buy and hold, I suggest go and invest with a CTA who will be trading rule based to negate the effects of contango and backwardation.
Hope this is simple enough:)
Thanks smisachu. that was informative. FYI right now I am double shorting crude oil - with everyone calling higher crude oil prices in future, I may be in for a loss here... but willing to hold till I get break even :-)
In commodity markets you trade futures and spot. Spot means immidate delivery of the under lying commodity. In futures you pay today for delivery at a future date. So typically the price of the future will be the price of spot + the storage charge (simple calculation to give you an idea considering no premiums). As the day of delivery approaches the price will pull to spot price. For example if west texas intermediate (WTI) crude is $92 spot price the 3 month future will be $100. (92+8 for storage). Considering that the spot price does not change at all, in three months time the price of the oil you will now be purchasing will be $92, but you paid $100 for it. This is backwardation. This is usually how markets are most of the time.
Now if in 3 months the price of WTI is trading at $110, you will own oil you paid $100 for and now can turn around and sell for $110. This is contango.
When you buy a commodity ETF, they dont take actual delivery of the product, they roll their contarcts. So they will hold a 3 month contarct and when the third month approaches they sell the contarct and get another 3 month contaract. If market is in backwardation then they will always be buying high and selling low. If market is in contango they will make money but as soon as it switches back to backwardation they will ride down the slide and loose all the money they made. So I dont think ETF's are agood way of making money in commodities passively. You can actively manage the ETF portfolio and make money using options and hedges and leveraged ETF's. But buy and hold, I suggest go and invest with a CTA who will be trading rule based to negate the effects of contango and backwardation.
Hope this is simple enough:)
Thanks smisachu. that was informative. FYI right now I am double shorting crude oil - with everyone calling higher crude oil prices in future, I may be in for a loss here... but willing to hold till I get break even :-)
more...
chanduv23
01-30 07:08 AM
Those who got labor sub and got their GCs already must reapply within XX days or their GCs will be deemed invalid? How do you think will such a rule be?
If labor substitution, applying 140 in 45 days etc.. are the kind of rules that are being framed, it is mainly because all the companies started exploiting these rules.
It can be hypocratically argued that Desi companies only sell labor and misuse it, but from a larger perspective, any company including those multibillion dollar companies may actually misuse labors ie like HR will use sub labor for friend, lawyer may educate HR about the loophole and they will use it as a card for new hires. If such a thing is stopped there is no room for misuse of any form. We have to thank Desi companies because in someway, by totally exploiting the loophole, they helped this cause.
45 days in filing 140. Believe me, such deadline is definitely achievable. 140 is a simple process and all that is needed is company audit and tax reports. I guess time will be given to those who already have labor certified and not applied for 140 for whatever reason.
Such a rule must come even for filing 485. So that companies don't drag that too.
Like most of the people have told earlier, changes are coming, a lot of changes are coming in the system and people are working in the background to streamline the system.
I am not sure if this is true, but I have heard that IRS is now exposing its database to INS, DOL, SSA, DOS, Consulates and DMVs also can participate in it. Any kind of discrepency in salary or status can be exposed by this.
IV iks definitely making a difference. IV has been extremely neutral in all its demands and causes and has raised excellent awareness, I am sure these sites are regularly monitored, which makes a lot of difference.
If labor substitution, applying 140 in 45 days etc.. are the kind of rules that are being framed, it is mainly because all the companies started exploiting these rules.
It can be hypocratically argued that Desi companies only sell labor and misuse it, but from a larger perspective, any company including those multibillion dollar companies may actually misuse labors ie like HR will use sub labor for friend, lawyer may educate HR about the loophole and they will use it as a card for new hires. If such a thing is stopped there is no room for misuse of any form. We have to thank Desi companies because in someway, by totally exploiting the loophole, they helped this cause.
45 days in filing 140. Believe me, such deadline is definitely achievable. 140 is a simple process and all that is needed is company audit and tax reports. I guess time will be given to those who already have labor certified and not applied for 140 for whatever reason.
Such a rule must come even for filing 485. So that companies don't drag that too.
Like most of the people have told earlier, changes are coming, a lot of changes are coming in the system and people are working in the background to streamline the system.
I am not sure if this is true, but I have heard that IRS is now exposing its database to INS, DOL, SSA, DOS, Consulates and DMVs also can participate in it. Any kind of discrepency in salary or status can be exposed by this.
IV iks definitely making a difference. IV has been extremely neutral in all its demands and causes and has raised excellent awareness, I am sure these sites are regularly monitored, which makes a lot of difference.
2010 Gibson Les Paul Special
GC08
02-07 07:45 PM
Unfortunately, country of birth for PD determination is one thing that cannot change. It is ridiculous that a country like the US that promotes itself as a meritocracy and a country of second chances ties the fate of EB applicants to such an immutable parameter.
I used to believe in and respect the so-called the American Dream. The more I stay here, the more I see its hypocrosy. ;)
Whenever I hear someone (esp. those politians) talking about something like no matter who you are, you can always achieve your potential, I just laugh. What a disguise ... what a joke! :D
I used to believe in and respect the so-called the American Dream. The more I stay here, the more I see its hypocrosy. ;)
Whenever I hear someone (esp. those politians) talking about something like no matter who you are, you can always achieve your potential, I just laugh. What a disguise ... what a joke! :D
more...
maine_gc
07-11 03:32 PM
I can not emphasis this enough. We need out of state volunteers to help call bay area members!
I will help you. Please send me phone numbers
I will help you. Please send me phone numbers
hair gibson Les Paul Special Single
pv2715
05-20 05:08 PM
Docwa?
Do you know if they cover pre-existing conditions?
Do you know if they cover pre-existing conditions?
more...
don_don
03-16 03:13 PM
Best bet is to provide them with Company tax returns of the most recent year and send them pay stubs...these are the required docs to prove ability to pay,my lawyer used these and was successful
hot Epiphone les Paul Special Ii
gcformeornot
12-12 09:21 PM
I see 136 members and 297 guests online! I wonder why guests have more tensions than members?
more...
house 1994 Gibson Les paul special
gc_chahiye
11-02 12:53 PM
FOR ALL THOSE WHO VOTED YES - IF WE HAVE ENOUGH NUMBERS WE CAN CHARTER A A380 OR TWO DREAMLINERS ONE FROM THE EAST COAST AND ONE FROM THE WEST COAST WITH STOPS IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES TO DROP OFF PEOPLE. IT HELPS US, AIRBUS/BOEING AND THE "NO" SAYERS WAITING FOR THEIR GC'S. THIS WOULD BE FOR SURE A BIG EVENT IN THE HISTORY.
most of us came here to save money. Blowing away all our savings by chartering a A380 on the way back, is kind of ironic... 7 years in the US and all I have to show for it, is this T-Shirt saying I flew on flight IV-A380. :rolleyes:
(just a joke, please spare me the flames)
most of us came here to save money. Blowing away all our savings by chartering a A380 on the way back, is kind of ironic... 7 years in the US and all I have to show for it, is this T-Shirt saying I flew on flight IV-A380. :rolleyes:
(just a joke, please spare me the flames)
tattoo Gibson Les Paul Jr Special
waitingGC
02-07 02:06 PM
It is just speculation that it will take 10 years or 15 years. Actually past 3 years atleast 50% h1 were used by TCS,WIPRO and similar companies. So those who are processing gc is less. But it may take some time to clear current backlog as we had 195k H1 cap till 2003. If 65k h1 cap is there then it will be 3 year waiting period for EB2 and 4 to 5 year for Eb3. People will speculate based on number of H1s. But their calculation is not including the number of people who are giving up and also many people are going back. But if they increase H1 then the situation may become worse. I think one time releif will be enough to resolve the issue for
next 5 years. But Skil bill is asking too much(May be for permanent resolution of
gc issue) and opposition is more as anti immigrants are quoting the numbers. Remember in 2000 the relief of recapturing previous few years did not attract
large opposition and passed easily. Simlarly if H1 increase also limited for 2 or 3 years that can be passed easily as we can convince Senators like Sessions.
But if we keep on asking so many numbers of H1 and Gc and also exemptions
for Master degree then we have to wait for CIR as this will have lesser impact
in numbers compared to illegal immigrants.
Yes, you made a very good point. I totally agree with you. Most people here do not really care about the fundamental immigration reform as long as they can get their GCs. Maybe instead of asking for SKIL which is very controversial, we should just ask for visa number increase for a specific period, for example, 5 years. That will solve our problem and is less controversial. After 5 years, all of us here should have had our GCs. The rest of the problem can be left to other people.
next 5 years. But Skil bill is asking too much(May be for permanent resolution of
gc issue) and opposition is more as anti immigrants are quoting the numbers. Remember in 2000 the relief of recapturing previous few years did not attract
large opposition and passed easily. Simlarly if H1 increase also limited for 2 or 3 years that can be passed easily as we can convince Senators like Sessions.
But if we keep on asking so many numbers of H1 and Gc and also exemptions
for Master degree then we have to wait for CIR as this will have lesser impact
in numbers compared to illegal immigrants.
Yes, you made a very good point. I totally agree with you. Most people here do not really care about the fundamental immigration reform as long as they can get their GCs. Maybe instead of asking for SKIL which is very controversial, we should just ask for visa number increase for a specific period, for example, 5 years. That will solve our problem and is less controversial. After 5 years, all of us here should have had our GCs. The rest of the problem can be left to other people.
more...
pictures gibson: les paul special II
sam2006
07-19 07:52 PM
Try to make the post Sticky
i think admin can do it
i think admin can do it
dresses 2010 new GIBSON LES PAUL
kph
05-24 10:07 PM
Every additional dollar they charge for this means every additional vote for these politicians. Who cares about American, technology future?
more...
makeup Epiphone Les Paul Special II
answers_seeker
07-18 01:50 PM
Thanks...but isn't the post mark date is when you send the mail ?
Right.But in your case, the guy who recieved your packet..might have mistakenly stamped the postmark date as the RD date . If so that is definitely their mistake. Wait a week or so to see what happens and if you dont' hear anything, take an infopass appointment to sort it out.
Right.But in your case, the guy who recieved your packet..might have mistakenly stamped the postmark date as the RD date . If so that is definitely their mistake. Wait a week or so to see what happens and if you dont' hear anything, take an infopass appointment to sort it out.
girlfriend new Epiphone Les Paul Special
hopeful08
11-22 01:11 AM
We are June 15th, 2007 filers. We got our APs and EADs. There have been no more updates on mine or my spouse's 485 applications. But our son's 485 application had a LUD in September and again a couple of days ago. Does that by any chance mean that our son's NC is cleared and our's is stuck ?
hairstyles Jun 11Gibson Les Paul Studio
ras
07-02 12:53 AM
following few more reasons may be added.
- When a new employee arrives his/her knowledge of immigration matters is quite less and doesn't intend to take risks of going against the employers wishes. This is being exploited by many employers by way of threatening to cancel H1, intimidating that they will have to return back, instilling fear in all ways and means in the employees about the negative aspects. This leads the employee to think and step back in going against the employer.
Soln : Better educate the new employee about his rights as soon as he arrives. This could be either through forums, websites or even an official supplement from USCIS which should be handed over to the employee when his H1 is approved. ( It could mention and clear all myths officially by USCIS). This instills courage in the employee to question the employer if not go ahead with law suits. Also, this even may reduce threatening by the employer.
- Further most of the employees want their career slate to be clean without any law suit, dots, etc until their life is secured by way of GC approvals or some form of assurance from the Govt. This makes them step back on taking action against the employer.
Soln: Well if there could be a system where anonymous complaints/whistle blowers are allowed, they probably may come out. However, rarely employee wants to reveal his identity though he suffers.
- The immigration matters are so complicated with so many RFE's people are scared to add another their event to their history. Any transaction with USCIS is kind of a risky feel for the employee.
Soln: This feeling should be removed.
- immigration decisions are uncertain so people want to be cautious in taking bold steps.
Soln : There should be assurance from USCIS that provided everything on the candidates side is good that his GC will be approved. If an employee believes that based on his/her good credentials in all respects they should assured be of a GC, they may come forward to fight against the erring employers
Soln: How do we make employee believe if everything is right on their part, an appropriate decision will be taken by USCIS. People still dont have confidence in USCIS decision making process.
- And for GC applicants, they fear anything against the employer would affect their GC process. At every stage (Labor, I 140 and I 485 ) they are being exploited in one or the other way. Always it the employee who is at the loosing end. I have never seen an empoyer loosing because of an employee...
These are some of the thoughts...
- When a new employee arrives his/her knowledge of immigration matters is quite less and doesn't intend to take risks of going against the employers wishes. This is being exploited by many employers by way of threatening to cancel H1, intimidating that they will have to return back, instilling fear in all ways and means in the employees about the negative aspects. This leads the employee to think and step back in going against the employer.
Soln : Better educate the new employee about his rights as soon as he arrives. This could be either through forums, websites or even an official supplement from USCIS which should be handed over to the employee when his H1 is approved. ( It could mention and clear all myths officially by USCIS). This instills courage in the employee to question the employer if not go ahead with law suits. Also, this even may reduce threatening by the employer.
- Further most of the employees want their career slate to be clean without any law suit, dots, etc until their life is secured by way of GC approvals or some form of assurance from the Govt. This makes them step back on taking action against the employer.
Soln: Well if there could be a system where anonymous complaints/whistle blowers are allowed, they probably may come out. However, rarely employee wants to reveal his identity though he suffers.
- The immigration matters are so complicated with so many RFE's people are scared to add another their event to their history. Any transaction with USCIS is kind of a risky feel for the employee.
Soln: This feeling should be removed.
- immigration decisions are uncertain so people want to be cautious in taking bold steps.
Soln : There should be assurance from USCIS that provided everything on the candidates side is good that his GC will be approved. If an employee believes that based on his/her good credentials in all respects they should assured be of a GC, they may come forward to fight against the erring employers
Soln: How do we make employee believe if everything is right on their part, an appropriate decision will be taken by USCIS. People still dont have confidence in USCIS decision making process.
- And for GC applicants, they fear anything against the employer would affect their GC process. At every stage (Labor, I 140 and I 485 ) they are being exploited in one or the other way. Always it the employee who is at the loosing end. I have never seen an empoyer loosing because of an employee...
These are some of the thoughts...
natrajs
07-02 02:32 PM
I think we should also hear from people who have taken action and what their experience was. This may give ideas to others.
I have taken my Ex - employer to DOL and USCIS and I was successful getting my money back.
If you go with lawsuit then it becomes partially a Civil case rather than criminal offense.
If any one needs info how to proceed send me a PM
I have taken my Ex - employer to DOL and USCIS and I was successful getting my money back.
If you go with lawsuit then it becomes partially a Civil case rather than criminal offense.
If any one needs info how to proceed send me a PM
Leo07
11-21 11:26 AM
any suggestion here?
I'm still not decided, couple of days to go....:)
Now with Atlas America off...What's the best alternative?, I'm running out of time here...
Friends, please suggest. I bought ICICI lombard 3 times previously, never had to use it, so no comments there. Now, I'm thinking of buying something better as I had heard horrible things about ICICI lombard.
I'm still not decided, couple of days to go....:)
Now with Atlas America off...What's the best alternative?, I'm running out of time here...
Friends, please suggest. I bought ICICI lombard 3 times previously, never had to use it, so no comments there. Now, I'm thinking of buying something better as I had heard horrible things about ICICI lombard.
No comments:
Post a Comment