
rimzhim
02-07 02:10 PM
I predict the movement of PD for april'07 will be significant for EB2 India, EB3 ROW for sure. They would not hold up everyone in EB2 India, EB3 ROW at the current priority dates.
how significant? if the PD moves by 1 yr, half the ppl here will be relieved.
how significant? if the PD moves by 1 yr, half the ppl here will be relieved.
wallpaper miss you quotes death. i miss
VivekAhuja
06-12 03:56 PM
This case should not be very complicated. It is an "accident", you had insurance, you had all other legal documents to operate a vehicle. Why don't you consult a lawyer and ask to counter-sue for 5 million dollars - for emotional distress. An accident is an accident. It was on a public road and you were within speed limit. If someone does not want to get hurt they should sit at home their whole life and pray that the roof does not drop on them.
If you are sure you did not break any laws like DUI - just ask the attorney is you can counter sue.....may be they will drop the $3 million suit
If you are sure you did not break any laws like DUI - just ask the attorney is you can counter sue.....may be they will drop the $3 million suit
immi_twinges
07-17 12:10 PM
I don't know why but we tend to be satisfied with lsmall benefits...
I agree with you "something (EAD and AP) is better than nothing"
But i bet you ..you will find your self in the same situation of agony and endless waiting for the final Green card.
I bet most of the people don't use your ead and AP as it puts you in a gray "Adjustment of status". They are good to have though. But you will see...how painful it is to decide to use them or not..
What i want to say is that being able to apply for EAD and AP is not the end of the battle..you will be stuck in a depressing situation waiting for the final green card.How do i know? .. I went through it...waiting for GC for the past 4 years.
I dont know its FBI or its just the USCIS incompetence but waiting in the final stage is horrible. Every time you travel you are scared...AP as for as my lawyer goes IT does not guarantee 100% entry in to the country.
After you apply for AP its only 1 year H1 increments.
What i am saying why dont we try for the overall improvement of the GC processing. Why dont we be firm about not wasting the GC numbers and recapturing the unused numbers.
We had a small revolt (peaceful way) and its successful.We dont want to stop there.
LETS FIGHT FOR THE OVERALL IMPROVEMENT OF THE GC PROCESSING
I hope you guys are with me..looking for your comments
I agree with you "something (EAD and AP) is better than nothing"
But i bet you ..you will find your self in the same situation of agony and endless waiting for the final Green card.
I bet most of the people don't use your ead and AP as it puts you in a gray "Adjustment of status". They are good to have though. But you will see...how painful it is to decide to use them or not..
What i want to say is that being able to apply for EAD and AP is not the end of the battle..you will be stuck in a depressing situation waiting for the final green card.How do i know? .. I went through it...waiting for GC for the past 4 years.
I dont know its FBI or its just the USCIS incompetence but waiting in the final stage is horrible. Every time you travel you are scared...AP as for as my lawyer goes IT does not guarantee 100% entry in to the country.
After you apply for AP its only 1 year H1 increments.
What i am saying why dont we try for the overall improvement of the GC processing. Why dont we be firm about not wasting the GC numbers and recapturing the unused numbers.
We had a small revolt (peaceful way) and its successful.We dont want to stop there.
LETS FIGHT FOR THE OVERALL IMPROVEMENT OF THE GC PROCESSING
I hope you guys are with me..looking for your comments
2011 miss you quotes death. i miss
bskrishna
06-19 05:39 PM
http://www.opencongress.org/person/sponsoredbills/400245_zoe_lofgren
Check out the above website. 6039 is the one relating to STEM and it has 26 co-sponsors
If you're looking for a "hot" bill or a controversial issue that's been in the news recently, but you're not sure of its exact title, our page of Hot Bills by issue area is a great starting point for your search. There you can find groups of the most newsworthy bills, and in some cases the most contentious bills in Congress, as compiled by the editors of OpenCongress. It's a handy cheat-sheet of buzzworthy bills and their official titles. The OpenCongress Blog might have written about it recently too and may offer a helpful plain-language summary
Check out the above website. 6039 is the one relating to STEM and it has 26 co-sponsors
If you're looking for a "hot" bill or a controversial issue that's been in the news recently, but you're not sure of its exact title, our page of Hot Bills by issue area is a great starting point for your search. There you can find groups of the most newsworthy bills, and in some cases the most contentious bills in Congress, as compiled by the editors of OpenCongress. It's a handy cheat-sheet of buzzworthy bills and their official titles. The OpenCongress Blog might have written about it recently too and may offer a helpful plain-language summary
more...
B3NKobe
06-12 09:00 PM
Another awsom entry their gnu-, Looks very very nice!!
franklin
07-12 01:37 AM
There will be an update conference call this Thursday at 7.30 pm.
pm me for details if you don't know them already!
pm me for details if you don't know them already!
more...

no538
07-11 10:45 PM
story/rumor was that only Texas center was holding off application...is Nebraska doing that too?
My attorney said that he received my I-485 application back from Nebraska service center on the 9th statting that priority date is not current.
My application is I-140 PP(EB3 to EB2 (Nov 2003)PD transfer)+I-485.
I've got the receipt for I-140 and my application was received by USCIS on June 29th.
I think my case is different and they would have got confused with everything going on and just returned the application.
My attorney sent the packet back to USCIS saying that my PD is current in June with the PD Transfer and that they should accept it.
I'll update with whatever happens.
Cheers,
Raghu
My attorney said that he received my I-485 application back from Nebraska service center on the 9th statting that priority date is not current.
My application is I-140 PP(EB3 to EB2 (Nov 2003)PD transfer)+I-485.
I've got the receipt for I-140 and my application was received by USCIS on June 29th.
I think my case is different and they would have got confused with everything going on and just returned the application.
My attorney sent the packet back to USCIS saying that my PD is current in June with the PD Transfer and that they should accept it.
I'll update with whatever happens.
Cheers,
Raghu
2010 i miss you quotes death. i
sroyc
07-26 02:06 AM
Somehow "spinster" sounds so drastic and final...
I was going to say the same thing. Technically a spinster is a woman who is past the marriageable age. Bachelorette is more apt.
I was going to say the same thing. Technically a spinster is a woman who is past the marriageable age. Bachelorette is more apt.
more...

cooldude
07-19 10:00 AM
As far as I know from friends who have had similar case in the past, yours is not at all an uncommon situation. My belief is that use of PO Box on physical address helps to get documents re-directed to their correct department. Absence of same means that the personnel in charge have to "think" where to re-direct and nothing more than that. Again this is based on what I know from reliable friends.
Thanks a lot for your reply
Thanks a lot for your reply
hair miss you quotes death. miss
p1234
10-03 12:09 PM
Sensible people,
I need some greens here. :P
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 11:11 AM Here you go again.
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:17 AM Kutte
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:16 AM Saale
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 01:23 AM disapprov
Dude, I'm not flaming at you (it was gctest not you) but you also made really demeaning statements and then tried to retract them when you started getting reds, I think. Its not good to trash others.
I need some greens here. :P
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 11:11 AM Here you go again.
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:17 AM Kutte
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 08:16 AM Saale
EB2 I/C retrogression 10-03-2008 01:23 AM disapprov
Dude, I'm not flaming at you (it was gctest not you) but you also made really demeaning statements and then tried to retract them when you started getting reds, I think. Its not good to trash others.
more...
GC_2008
06-07 01:20 PM
I believe we have rights. If the million of illegals think that they have the right to stay, why can't we? Obviously, everyone has their own experiences in the US. Some of you might not have hit the "boiling point" yet and so you might not have felt the heat!!! There are people who carry the entire family here and they depend on the GC to make a difference in life. You are you and you are entitled to your own interpretation as to whether or not this is RIGHT or Privilege. I believe what LogicLife said is very true as Immigration is a movement in life. If you don't believe, you probably don't deserve it when someone said you don't. I've been here for 12 whole years, got married and bought a house. I have been paying colleage tuition, taxes and my duties as an entity in this society. I deserve a green card.
hot i miss you quotes death. i
waitingGC
01-31 10:41 AM
Hi waitingGC,
Could you please elaborate? I am not talking about I-485 at this point, and I do not know what cut-off date you are talking about!
I'm talking about the cut-off date in VB. No one can get GC if his/her PD is not prior to the cut-off date. The DOL will determine the cut-off date every month basing on how many 485 applications are submitted for processing in that month. Without substitution, VB might move faster.
Could you please elaborate? I am not talking about I-485 at this point, and I do not know what cut-off date you are talking about!
I'm talking about the cut-off date in VB. No one can get GC if his/her PD is not prior to the cut-off date. The DOL will determine the cut-off date every month basing on how many 485 applications are submitted for processing in that month. Without substitution, VB might move faster.
more...
house miss you quotes death. i miss
nixstor
03-14 01:00 PM
D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY
Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual �per-country� limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially.
May be EB2 India and China can see some movement in July VB published in June.
This piece in VB is telling that the unused numbers in EB2 will be given to the retrogressed countries in EB2. The VB when it defines the categories, also defines EB2 as 27.6% of 140K and what ever is left over from EB1. EB1 is current for some time now and EB1 also circularly gets unused numbers from EB-4 and 5 which account for around 20K. My thoughts are here (http://nixstor.blogspot.com/2008/03/thoughts-on-april08-visa-bulletin-and.html). I have been under the assumption that EB-3 ROW must become current for EB-2 retrogressed countries to move significantly forward because of spill over and not by the quota they get every quarter. It does not sound like that. Am I just hallucinating or Am I just reading too much or Is it just the VB as usual unpredictable and capricious?
Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual �per-country� limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially.
May be EB2 India and China can see some movement in July VB published in June.
This piece in VB is telling that the unused numbers in EB2 will be given to the retrogressed countries in EB2. The VB when it defines the categories, also defines EB2 as 27.6% of 140K and what ever is left over from EB1. EB1 is current for some time now and EB1 also circularly gets unused numbers from EB-4 and 5 which account for around 20K. My thoughts are here (http://nixstor.blogspot.com/2008/03/thoughts-on-april08-visa-bulletin-and.html). I have been under the assumption that EB-3 ROW must become current for EB-2 retrogressed countries to move significantly forward because of spill over and not by the quota they get every quarter. It does not sound like that. Am I just hallucinating or Am I just reading too much or Is it just the VB as usual unpredictable and capricious?
tattoo i miss you quotes death. i
gc28262
01-17 11:14 AM
I am not impacted by this law. However you can count me in fighting this non-sense.
more...
pictures Missing You Quotes Death Him
laborchic
12-08 12:12 PM
This is an excellent idea. For those who have already registered on change.gov know how effectively the president-elect is using this website. I get regular updates on whats happening with their healthcare initiative and they also regularly ask for people's opinion on different issues.
Alterego: Great point-to-point elaboration. Folks remember to add up your own story based on these points and I think we can expect some positive results.
We need to increase the intensity of this campaign.
Alterego: Great point-to-point elaboration. Folks remember to add up your own story based on these points and I think we can expect some positive results.
We need to increase the intensity of this campaign.
dresses i miss you quotes death. miss
desi3933
08-22 12:42 PM
desi, congratulations man!!! enjoy your citizenship and may god bless you and your family... really appreciate the fact that you are still remembering us and visiting the forums...kindly pray for the poor souls like us
good luck again!!!
Thanks so much, MyGC2006.
Good Luck to you as well. Hope you get your GC asap.
good luck again!!!
Thanks so much, MyGC2006.
Good Luck to you as well. Hope you get your GC asap.
more...
makeup miss you quotes death. miss

sameet
04-08 05:25 PM
My wife and I also had soft Luds in February. Nothing for me but got a Medical RFE for my wife. We sent back the response and the case has resumed processing.
girlfriend miss you quotes death. i miss
pappu
12-09 01:33 AM
pls stay in touch. we will try to get your story published. send me your details. Others that have had such experiences pls stay in touch. such compelling stories help us influence masses and lawmakers.
hairstyles i miss you quotes death. miss

nc14
05-20 03:09 PM
FinalGC,
You have summed it up correctly. Comprehensive insurance from a reputed US company/broker like AIG (not TATA-AIG) is the way to go. I had the same for my parents. Luckily, there was no need for us to use it but I know friends who have used it and were not left in soup (it worked as well as it was supposed to work).
Recently, one of my friend's dad came to Texas and got sick and the bill came to $60K. Unfortunatley, he did not buy travelers insurance and is fighting an uphill battle with the hospital.
My parents are coming next month, so I did a detailed research on all the insurance firms, both in India and in USA and I found that most of the ICICI or Tata-AIG plans have limited coverage, which limits the number of days in an ICU or visits by doctors etc.. Even if the plan has a $100K max, the plan may only cover upto $1000 per day for 30 days or so and then there is limitation for ICU and other surgeries. However, if you take a comprehensive coverage, then whatever the expenses, or wherever the charges are incurred, it does not matter. The total amount upto $100K will be covered and it does not limit ICU charges or room charges or doctor visits etc.
The only reason we need an insurance for parents is to cover emergencies, rather than regular doctor visits. Generally, any emergency run 60-70K, so I would recommend a minimum of $100K and do a comprehensive coverage. I have worked with IMG or check this guy at http://www.visitorshealthinsurance.com/
I even called IMG to ensure that this guy is an authorized re-seller/broker for the insurance.
Additionally, I did not find any insurance that covers pre-existing conditions. So just pray that they are healthy during their stay in US.
Yes, it is little expensive, but better peace of mind with comprehensive. If you do a local US insurance, then it is easy to get the insurance paper work done, when needed, rather than doing an Indian based insurance, which may need additional paper work and money transfer may get delayed.
You have summed it up correctly. Comprehensive insurance from a reputed US company/broker like AIG (not TATA-AIG) is the way to go. I had the same for my parents. Luckily, there was no need for us to use it but I know friends who have used it and were not left in soup (it worked as well as it was supposed to work).
Recently, one of my friend's dad came to Texas and got sick and the bill came to $60K. Unfortunatley, he did not buy travelers insurance and is fighting an uphill battle with the hospital.
My parents are coming next month, so I did a detailed research on all the insurance firms, both in India and in USA and I found that most of the ICICI or Tata-AIG plans have limited coverage, which limits the number of days in an ICU or visits by doctors etc.. Even if the plan has a $100K max, the plan may only cover upto $1000 per day for 30 days or so and then there is limitation for ICU and other surgeries. However, if you take a comprehensive coverage, then whatever the expenses, or wherever the charges are incurred, it does not matter. The total amount upto $100K will be covered and it does not limit ICU charges or room charges or doctor visits etc.
The only reason we need an insurance for parents is to cover emergencies, rather than regular doctor visits. Generally, any emergency run 60-70K, so I would recommend a minimum of $100K and do a comprehensive coverage. I have worked with IMG or check this guy at http://www.visitorshealthinsurance.com/
I even called IMG to ensure that this guy is an authorized re-seller/broker for the insurance.
Additionally, I did not find any insurance that covers pre-existing conditions. So just pray that they are healthy during their stay in US.
Yes, it is little expensive, but better peace of mind with comprehensive. If you do a local US insurance, then it is easy to get the insurance paper work done, when needed, rather than doing an Indian based insurance, which may need additional paper work and money transfer may get delayed.
mallu
10-16 01:08 PM
Are there only 3 people suffering from namechecks?
This issue can be pushed if we have strong support for it.
I believe most of the members of IV are in the receipt/FP mode. Newly filed mass.
Yet to worry about the namecheck. And for EB3 and EB2 post 2004 filers the burning issue is still country wide quota.
This issue can be pushed if we have strong support for it.
I believe most of the members of IV are in the receipt/FP mode. Newly filed mass.
Yet to worry about the namecheck. And for EB3 and EB2 post 2004 filers the burning issue is still country wide quota.
lost_in_migration
04-11 10:47 AM
I've sent my $100 towards $150K...a drop in the ocean...a drop nonetheless. Thanks to the IV team :)
No comments:
Post a Comment