hopefulgc
03-13 12:48 PM
BharatPremi... think u might be mistaken ...
I have to agree with sunny1000. The consulate page says this in clear text.
"The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin."
That is exactly I was thinking. My first confusion was why the hell people want to check CP dates and create the false thread but then I realize they must not be around/ in the process to realize that CP dates != AOS dates. Some times CP ones equals but not always. Let's hope those equals to AOS dats this time.
I have to agree with sunny1000. The consulate page says this in clear text.
"The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin."
That is exactly I was thinking. My first confusion was why the hell people want to check CP dates and create the false thread but then I realize they must not be around/ in the process to realize that CP dates != AOS dates. Some times CP ones equals but not always. Let's hope those equals to AOS dats this time.
wallpaper of the Pentagon Papers to

Happyday
07-16 07:34 PM
signed :) fwded it to Indian communties tooo:)
Lollerskater
09-17 12:17 PM
amendment failed
Edit: sheesh u guys are fast!
Edit: sheesh u guys are fast!
2011 New York Times when it
gc_maine2
03-14 09:39 AM
I pray your wish come true ....
Yeah I agree. We should lobby to merge EB2 and EB3. J
Yeah I agree. We should lobby to merge EB2 and EB3. J
more...
ramaonline
03-22 12:12 PM
AC21 is a law but certain provisions of AC21 have been introduced in separate memos.
Job portability under AC21 is also part of a guidance / memo - so if any AC21 case goes for hearing in an immigration court, any change of employers while 485 is pending is considered illegal. This is not very common though.
Job portability under AC21 is also part of a guidance / memo - so if any AC21 case goes for hearing in an immigration court, any change of employers while 485 is pending is considered illegal. This is not very common though.
misanthrope
10-02 10:20 PM
It's only how your company treats a particular job opening that you get designated as EB2/EB3. I could file in EB2 and lots of top-rankers from my class could only file in EB3. Does that make them any less capable than me?? Nope!
Exactly and that is the only tangible that immigration law quantifies. EB3 does NOT label an individual as an inferior in terms of skills or knowledge he posses, but simply binds him to the definition of the job that he agreed to take on.
Exactly and that is the only tangible that immigration law quantifies. EB3 does NOT label an individual as an inferior in terms of skills or knowledge he posses, but simply binds him to the definition of the job that he agreed to take on.
more...
shx
10-02 11:44 PM
I wont get into EB2/EB3 fights, but tell you what my opinion about this is.
The law definitely supports interfiling and priority date porting. However, this is like reserving seats on a bus by throwing your handkerchief in good old India. It is unfair to let people jump ahead in the queue, even though they acquired the eligibility to file in EB2, at a far later date.
There might be some genuine cases where people could not file in EB2, even though they were eligible. I only support these cases.
I've a pending EB2 485. However, let me be honest. If I had EB3 to start with, I too would've interfiled in EB2 and would've ported my priority date. Who wouldn't do it if the law allowed them to!
The law definitely supports interfiling and priority date porting. However, this is like reserving seats on a bus by throwing your handkerchief in good old India. It is unfair to let people jump ahead in the queue, even though they acquired the eligibility to file in EB2, at a far later date.
There might be some genuine cases where people could not file in EB2, even though they were eligible. I only support these cases.
I've a pending EB2 485. However, let me be honest. If I had EB3 to start with, I too would've interfiled in EB2 and would've ported my priority date. Who wouldn't do it if the law allowed them to!
2010 When the New York Times
qualified_trash
09-13 02:53 PM
Folks,
As a core member I thank you all for your support. IV needs your help with two things. First and foremost, our numbers need to grow. Right now we have about 6,000 members, but we all know there are far more people than that stuck in limbo due to backlogs in the legal immigration process.
Why do we need more numbers? Because when we go to talk to people on The Hill (and I live in DC and work here and I go as well), we have to convince them that we are a sizeable chunk of people in terms of our numerical strength that will vote when we become citizens. This is why we need to get working on this immediately. Talk to your family, friends and colleagues who are stuck in legal immigration backlogs, and get them to join IV. Each existing member should get at least one new member to join up. The more, the better.
Secondly, we need more members to become paying members. This is crucial, as all our work requires $$$. Saying "I'll pay when the work is done" does not help us. The work requires a steady cash flow, and while pledges are deeply appreciated, we can't operate merely on pledges. Many core members work very hard on raising money and on publicity.
So, I earnestly request your help in recruiting new members as well as strengthening our funding. Thank you!
Cheers!
RR
I second what rheoretro has written............
As someone who has started working with the core group, I now fully understand the amount of work that goes into IV activities. At this time, IMHO, the best that all the other members can do is to contribute money to IV and spread the word about IV. Just getting your closest friends to sign up and CONTRIBUTE (if they are immigrants awaiting their Greencards), is the best thing all IV members can do for IV.
As a core member I thank you all for your support. IV needs your help with two things. First and foremost, our numbers need to grow. Right now we have about 6,000 members, but we all know there are far more people than that stuck in limbo due to backlogs in the legal immigration process.
Why do we need more numbers? Because when we go to talk to people on The Hill (and I live in DC and work here and I go as well), we have to convince them that we are a sizeable chunk of people in terms of our numerical strength that will vote when we become citizens. This is why we need to get working on this immediately. Talk to your family, friends and colleagues who are stuck in legal immigration backlogs, and get them to join IV. Each existing member should get at least one new member to join up. The more, the better.
Secondly, we need more members to become paying members. This is crucial, as all our work requires $$$. Saying "I'll pay when the work is done" does not help us. The work requires a steady cash flow, and while pledges are deeply appreciated, we can't operate merely on pledges. Many core members work very hard on raising money and on publicity.
So, I earnestly request your help in recruiting new members as well as strengthening our funding. Thank you!
Cheers!
RR
I second what rheoretro has written............
As someone who has started working with the core group, I now fully understand the amount of work that goes into IV activities. At this time, IMHO, the best that all the other members can do is to contribute money to IV and spread the word about IV. Just getting your closest friends to sign up and CONTRIBUTE (if they are immigrants awaiting their Greencards), is the best thing all IV members can do for IV.
more...
chanduv23
07-02 02:36 PM
I have taken my Ex - employer to DOL and USCIS and I was successful getting my money back.
If you go with lawsuit then it becomes partially a Civil case rather than criminal offense.
If any one needs info how to proceed send me a PM
Were they affected by your complaint? I guess they know and are ready to face these things.
If you go with lawsuit then it becomes partially a Civil case rather than criminal offense.
If any one needs info how to proceed send me a PM
Were they affected by your complaint? I guess they know and are ready to face these things.
hair pentagon papers new york times
Edison99
04-18 06:51 PM
Congrats jimytomy, enjoy the freedom!
more...
whitecollarslave
01-30 06:13 PM
Here is another question. Its about leadership but uses immigration as an example.
"This is just one example of our political status quo: America's LEGAL immigration system is in dire need of a reform. Even though the members of Congress agree to that, they are not able to or not willing to bring about such a reform. Their hands are tied because of a certain powerful focus group who won't allow ANY immigration reform unless it encompasses a comprehensive reform of a well-known controversial issue. Innocent people always get hurt in a war. And in this conflict its the legal immigrants, who have not broken any laws, are the ones who are suffering the most. Senator Obama, as the President of the United States, what will you do, so that the voice of the people can be heard and their problems solved instead of selected powerful groups bullying the lawmakers?"
Please vote. We need have people talking about our problems. We need to bring awareness about the difference between legal and illegal immigration. The likes of Dobbs often confuse the two.
Send the letters and vote for these questions.
Thanks!
"This is just one example of our political status quo: America's LEGAL immigration system is in dire need of a reform. Even though the members of Congress agree to that, they are not able to or not willing to bring about such a reform. Their hands are tied because of a certain powerful focus group who won't allow ANY immigration reform unless it encompasses a comprehensive reform of a well-known controversial issue. Innocent people always get hurt in a war. And in this conflict its the legal immigrants, who have not broken any laws, are the ones who are suffering the most. Senator Obama, as the President of the United States, what will you do, so that the voice of the people can be heard and their problems solved instead of selected powerful groups bullying the lawmakers?"
Please vote. We need have people talking about our problems. We need to bring awareness about the difference between legal and illegal immigration. The likes of Dobbs often confuse the two.
Send the letters and vote for these questions.
Thanks!
hot Justice Hugo Black Pentagon

anzerraja
07-19 08:49 PM
There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing Aman's expenses.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10708
Could you please pledge an amount ?
It gives a solace that there are still some good people out there in this mean world. It is ridiculous to point out that it is a typo. Other than money what Aman and others have done is priceless.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10708
Could you please pledge an amount ?
It gives a solace that there are still some good people out there in this mean world. It is ridiculous to point out that it is a typo. Other than money what Aman and others have done is priceless.
more...
house United States (the quot;Pentagon
raj2007
06-16 01:10 AM
Has any of you guys heard of "Follow to Join". I believe that if you are "legaly married" before filing I-485 then you should be able to bring your spouse in whenever your GC is approved. If your GC is not approved by the time you get married i think she should be able to come in under H4.
Not before filing I-485 but before your I-485 approval. You are safe even if you marry 1 day before approval.
I'm in a similar situation but more complex. My fiancee was in the US on J-1 visa and had to go back because of 2 year Home residency requirement. I have e-mailed my attorney but she's on vacation until next week. I have my 140 approved and am not sure what next step is as my fiancee's j1 2 year HRR is not up until Jan 2008.
What's your PD?
Not before filing I-485 but before your I-485 approval. You are safe even if you marry 1 day before approval.
I'm in a similar situation but more complex. My fiancee was in the US on J-1 visa and had to go back because of 2 year Home residency requirement. I have e-mailed my attorney but she's on vacation until next week. I have my 140 approved and am not sure what next step is as my fiancee's j1 2 year HRR is not up until Jan 2008.
What's your PD?
tattoo and the New York Times,
pansworld
12-02 01:17 AM
Maybe I am being naive. But we are not a political organization. I sure do hope we are not. We should be open, clear and precise about our goals and our funding sources/drives. Frankly our opponents pump in millions of dollars into their effort. Maybe one of these days we can compete with them monetarily. But all I know is they can get millions of dollars but not 25000 committed members.
Also please consider that charging people for reading posts et al or instituting monthly payments will drive people away. People who cannot pay will not pay. All we lose is participation which is more important. You will agree that we want more participation not less.
Hence IMHO we disclose our goals. We disclose our costs up front. We have nothing to hide.
Also please consider that charging people for reading posts et al or instituting monthly payments will drive people away. People who cannot pay will not pay. All we lose is participation which is more important. You will agree that we want more participation not less.
Hence IMHO we disclose our goals. We disclose our costs up front. We have nothing to hide.
more...
pictures The Pentagon Papers are
needhelp!
03-13 11:43 AM
This will help people like me who are unable to be part of any state chapter to know what is happening at IV. Keep our sprits high.
Thank you
You can join one of the existing state chapters for now.
For those who are not able to put their faith in the efforts of the IV Core, too bad you didn't volunteer and participate in lobby day last September.
If you had been there, you would not suspect the motives or say things like they are taking credit for good news etc.. It is very disappointing to hear that.
I think it is reasonable that we won't be getting day-to-day updates and details on the background efforts. From my side, I have enough trust in the organization that when IV asks for the participation of the community, I will support it whole-heartedly.
Thank you
You can join one of the existing state chapters for now.
For those who are not able to put their faith in the efforts of the IV Core, too bad you didn't volunteer and participate in lobby day last September.
If you had been there, you would not suspect the motives or say things like they are taking credit for good news etc.. It is very disappointing to hear that.
I think it is reasonable that we won't be getting day-to-day updates and details on the background efforts. From my side, I have enough trust in the organization that when IV asks for the participation of the community, I will support it whole-heartedly.
dresses the New York Times
nitinba
07-18 06:52 PM
Hello,
With hard 7% limit per country; our numbers within EB category are at 10,000 (it's not a huge number even if we apply 7% on EB+FB).
There are at least 250,000 people waiting on GC from India alone, at this rate it will take 25 years.
Am I wrong, I really hope I'm terribly wrong.
will the country limits still apply when for example 1st Jul & 2nd july visa availability was current. I guess USCIS ended up approving all the cases irrespective of country of origin in those cases, how else u can justify 60K visas used up?
With hard 7% limit per country; our numbers within EB category are at 10,000 (it's not a huge number even if we apply 7% on EB+FB).
There are at least 250,000 people waiting on GC from India alone, at this rate it will take 25 years.
Am I wrong, I really hope I'm terribly wrong.
will the country limits still apply when for example 1st Jul & 2nd july visa availability was current. I guess USCIS ended up approving all the cases irrespective of country of origin in those cases, how else u can justify 60K visas used up?
more...
makeup after The New York Times
chetanjumani
03-14 09:08 AM
We have seen that even after the PD being current, there have been many people whose cases have not been approved. We saw last year in July many cases with later priority date and later receipt dates were approved and people with earlier PD and earlier Receipt dates still waiting,
Now with the 180 day rule for FBI name check, things could be expected to be little better, but we have to remember that since most of the cases are paper based, some one has to physically get to cases from a huge storage, sort it manually, distribute it manually and get it adjudicated.
So even if the visa number is current, just beacuse the number of applications are so high that we still cannot say for sure whose cases are going to be approved.
From www.immigration-information.com, it appears, the biggest factor in getting the GC visa number allocated to a case is, having a case ready to be adjudicated and in the hands of an immigration officer at a time, when both processing date and priority dates are current. It appears that even after the huge retrogression, there were not enough demand for AOS based approvals, so they had to PD current to allow CP based cases to use the visas and ensure they are not wasted. I like the fact that visa were at least not wasted, but I would have loved to see applicants who have been waiting for years to have a first opportunity to that visa, specially because they have done everything that any one could do.
I have been pro-fee increase by USCIS, only provided that they will use this money to expedite the processing, make things eletronic, make things more transparent, and to be honest, I feel the overall improvements are happening. Though I still see a lot of scope for futher improvements.
We have clearly seen that labor processing has been improved dramatically with PERM. Now waiting for years to get Labor is almost history. I hope that IV and all its members direct its efforts towards ensuring that we see the improvements in efficiency that we expected to happen with fee increases.
Lets unite together to work for a system which is fair and efficient for everyone. Lets contribute to IV administrative fixes and any other efforts which will ensure a higher efficiency and better utilization of visa numbers for AOS applications.
Now with the 180 day rule for FBI name check, things could be expected to be little better, but we have to remember that since most of the cases are paper based, some one has to physically get to cases from a huge storage, sort it manually, distribute it manually and get it adjudicated.
So even if the visa number is current, just beacuse the number of applications are so high that we still cannot say for sure whose cases are going to be approved.
From www.immigration-information.com, it appears, the biggest factor in getting the GC visa number allocated to a case is, having a case ready to be adjudicated and in the hands of an immigration officer at a time, when both processing date and priority dates are current. It appears that even after the huge retrogression, there were not enough demand for AOS based approvals, so they had to PD current to allow CP based cases to use the visas and ensure they are not wasted. I like the fact that visa were at least not wasted, but I would have loved to see applicants who have been waiting for years to have a first opportunity to that visa, specially because they have done everything that any one could do.
I have been pro-fee increase by USCIS, only provided that they will use this money to expedite the processing, make things eletronic, make things more transparent, and to be honest, I feel the overall improvements are happening. Though I still see a lot of scope for futher improvements.
We have clearly seen that labor processing has been improved dramatically with PERM. Now waiting for years to get Labor is almost history. I hope that IV and all its members direct its efforts towards ensuring that we see the improvements in efficiency that we expected to happen with fee increases.
Lets unite together to work for a system which is fair and efficient for everyone. Lets contribute to IV administrative fixes and any other efforts which will ensure a higher efficiency and better utilization of visa numbers for AOS applications.
girlfriend page of The New York Times
cygent
01-31 07:44 PM
Hey Guys,
I don't know why they are saying it is is TOP 10, remember it is not just the heading "Immigration" we are voting for!!! Please do not make that mistake, you cannot take back your vote!!
The 1st Immigration question is for illegals at #4, looks like everybody thought wrong & voted for that!!
OUR QUESTION IS BURIED IN THE NEXT FEW PAGES, LIKE SOMEONE POINTED OUT #71 & #180 OR SO!! Guys do not mislead!!
I don't know why they are saying it is is TOP 10, remember it is not just the heading "Immigration" we are voting for!!! Please do not make that mistake, you cannot take back your vote!!
The 1st Immigration question is for illegals at #4, looks like everybody thought wrong & voted for that!!
OUR QUESTION IS BURIED IN THE NEXT FEW PAGES, LIKE SOMEONE POINTED OUT #71 & #180 OR SO!! Guys do not mislead!!
hairstyles to the New York Times,
idolthoughts
05-30 11:28 PM
im in
expect mine anytime soon.
expect mine anytime soon.
rimzhim
02-07 12:10 PM
And not just because I am from EB-3 ROW.
But, because everything that I have learnt seems to indicate that EB-3 ROW is getting a lot of visa numbers. So why the hell would it be stuck??
because there is a very large number of ppl in EB3-ROW.
But, because everything that I have learnt seems to indicate that EB-3 ROW is getting a lot of visa numbers. So why the hell would it be stuck??
because there is a very large number of ppl in EB3-ROW.
jnraajan
03-13 11:29 AM
WaldenPond is too nice to answer your question. Personally, I wouldn't consider it obligatory to answer a specific question by someone who cannot volunteer due to "Personal Reason", whatever that may mean. If you cannot volunteer, cannot participate in IV's action items, cannot contribute, then you are most welcome to use IV's portal to get answers to your questions or get other kind of information - but do not expect updates from anyone as your right!
IV is not a top-down organization and if you think that it is becoming like Immigration Portal then partially it is due to people like you who do not want to participate but just want 'updates'.
I completely disagree with your message here. You dont even know what the personal reason for not participating in a state chapter is. I, for one, am unable to join a state chapter, because , the nearest chapter is 400 miles and 2 states away. What good would it do to me to join something that I can never be part of. I wanted to start a state chapter here in my place, but I couldnt find any useful resources on how to do it. May be eb3_nepa has some reasons like it.
Like you said, IV is not a top-down organization, which means everyone is responsible for everyone. I dont see anything wrong with eb3_nepa's questions. He wanted to know what is going on. I am sure there are lots of people around here who has the same questions.
The Admin Fixes letter campaign was a good initiative. But, the target date got moved twice, and now I dont even know when the end date is.
May be IV should be a top-down organization. Any organization as big as IV would probably be better served with a Top Team. That team could probably elected by the community. I am confident, that most of our members wouldnt even mind spending a few extra bucks to pay a honarary amount to this team for their efforts and time. Then there will be more structure and accountability and action going on around here.
I came to know about IV pretty late. When I did learn about IV and joined IV, I was a very enthusiastic participant. Of late, I do believe IV is fading away. I dont see so many activities going on around here. Like eb3_nepa and few others said, IV is right now becoming just another Immigration portal. It is starting to lose its identity.
After doing all the hard work to gather a mass or like minded people, it will be shameful, if IV drifts away from its stated aim. So, may be it is time for every member, including core members like you to refect upon things and come up with ways to make this organization more transparent and more accessible for people like me.
Like Waldenpond said, it is probably not wise to list all the items going on in the portal. The work around to that would be, we can add another membership type which is more restrictive. This membership group will have only members whose identities have been verified. Once this group is created, IV can post all the happenings accessible to them. This will help people like me who are unable to be part of any state chapter to know what is happening at IV. Keep our sprits high.
Thank you
IV is not a top-down organization and if you think that it is becoming like Immigration Portal then partially it is due to people like you who do not want to participate but just want 'updates'.
I completely disagree with your message here. You dont even know what the personal reason for not participating in a state chapter is. I, for one, am unable to join a state chapter, because , the nearest chapter is 400 miles and 2 states away. What good would it do to me to join something that I can never be part of. I wanted to start a state chapter here in my place, but I couldnt find any useful resources on how to do it. May be eb3_nepa has some reasons like it.
Like you said, IV is not a top-down organization, which means everyone is responsible for everyone. I dont see anything wrong with eb3_nepa's questions. He wanted to know what is going on. I am sure there are lots of people around here who has the same questions.
The Admin Fixes letter campaign was a good initiative. But, the target date got moved twice, and now I dont even know when the end date is.
May be IV should be a top-down organization. Any organization as big as IV would probably be better served with a Top Team. That team could probably elected by the community. I am confident, that most of our members wouldnt even mind spending a few extra bucks to pay a honarary amount to this team for their efforts and time. Then there will be more structure and accountability and action going on around here.
I came to know about IV pretty late. When I did learn about IV and joined IV, I was a very enthusiastic participant. Of late, I do believe IV is fading away. I dont see so many activities going on around here. Like eb3_nepa and few others said, IV is right now becoming just another Immigration portal. It is starting to lose its identity.
After doing all the hard work to gather a mass or like minded people, it will be shameful, if IV drifts away from its stated aim. So, may be it is time for every member, including core members like you to refect upon things and come up with ways to make this organization more transparent and more accessible for people like me.
Like Waldenpond said, it is probably not wise to list all the items going on in the portal. The work around to that would be, we can add another membership type which is more restrictive. This membership group will have only members whose identities have been verified. Once this group is created, IV can post all the happenings accessible to them. This will help people like me who are unable to be part of any state chapter to know what is happening at IV. Keep our sprits high.
Thank you
No comments:
Post a Comment